Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2014 10:40 PM

Jan 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Felt really sad for Minami. All she wanted was to live happily in peace.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

May 13, 2014 2:12 AM

May 2007
Yeah whenever I read something like this or watch something like this. I seriously wonder why they dropped those 2 nukes. It just shows how a powerful country can be rash and impatient.

Definitely felt bad for Minami, she just wanted to move forward.
May 12, 2017 9:22 PM

Aug 2013
Quite the somber chapter, I figured it would be but still. The artwork as striking at times, the panel where the flowers became charred hands was some harrowing imagery, amped up to eleven by the narration.
Nov 16, 2017 8:51 AM

Sep 2015
Such a mournful fate that life bestowed to Minami, indeed.

She was always haunted by the nightmare of the bombing for the rest of her life. She thought that she should not be alive and felt guilty for her survival. The guilt kept her from even get close to happiness. But when she finally found a reason to live, that she deserved to survive, to be happy and made peace with her guilt, the terror from the past came to claim her life; slowly and painfully. Her monologue towards her end just makes it even more unbearably sad.

The manga itself is immensely evocative already at depicting this event but in all honesty it is distressing to even begin contemplating about the horror and nightmare the real survivors of the bombings must bear for the rest of their lives.
UpperCatNov 16, 2017 4:54 PM

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Oct 16, 2022 11:25 PM
Aug 2021
This was really sad.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yunagi no Machi Sakura no Kuni Chapter 2 Discussion

Atsunome - Dec 10, 2022

0 by Atsunome »»
Dec 10, 2022 6:45 PM

Poll: » Yunagi no Machi Sakura no Kuni Chapter 3 Discussion

Trequartista - Apr 14, 2014

8 by Stacias »»
Oct 16, 2022 11:26 PM

» Last chapter

Shaya - Jan 18, 2008

2 by Shaya »»
Apr 22, 2008 5:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.