Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2014 3:12 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice to see Kindaichi again. It's been ages since I've watched Kindaichi ^^

The voice actors are all the same :)
Miyuki got kidnapped again ;o She really get kidnapped so often... Poor her.
Ran really looks Miyuki alike.

Apr 5, 2014 4:23 AM

May 2012
New age Kindaichi I love how they have these android phones here too lol
This case might get like 5 episodes?

I know it's only going to be like 26 episodes but I wish it was longer, that car chase with bike was epic as hell!

There are quite a few mysteries surrounding this one. Hmm...

Now that I think about it, it's kinda coincidental how Ran is there after Miyki gets kidnapped. But we shall see...
Also Ran was the one at the table before anyone else where the dude got poisoned...
k11chiApr 5, 2014 8:09 AM
Apr 5, 2014 4:27 AM

Apr 2008
Oh, it back, but I watch the old serie too. I watch 1 at 63 in vosta and since until 79 in vostfr. I can't wait for episode 80.

I like more the old serie, but the atmosphery look different in the new one. I cant wait to see Takato again.
Apr 5, 2014 5:03 AM

Feb 2010
Man, don't know if I should watch or not.

I don't think I ever miss any Kindaichi cases, including the ones in the novel. The OST is nostalgic though.
Apr 5, 2014 5:32 AM

Nov 2011
Better than I had thought so far although I'm not fond of most of the characters yet. Based on this episode, I think it's safe to watch the show without going into the prequel. OP song is awesome too.

A big cliffhanger there so this case will continue into the next one. Better save Miyuki.
Apr 5, 2014 5:34 AM

May 2013
Good set-up for the case. A ton of suspects, as usual for Kindaichi cases. I have a bunch of idea about what's going and who did what, but I'll save them for until I have more hard evidence to back my thoughts up.

I'm looking forward to this. We need more mystery anime, after all.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Apr 5, 2014 5:37 AM

Apr 2013
mhm... might watch more...

Apr 5, 2014 6:53 AM

Oct 2010
Hopefully Miyuki getting kidnapped won't become a common theme in this anime.
Apr 5, 2014 7:33 AM
Jan 2013
So this will cover all "new" cases?

and the name somehow sounds different...

and why are they still censoring the victims?
dex_dashApr 5, 2014 7:37 AM
Apr 5, 2014 7:45 AM

Feb 2014
Haven't seen the original series, but this is pretty interesting so far. I wonder who all the culprits are. I'm usually pretty bad at figuring this stuff out, but that won't stop me from trying! >:)
Just sit back, and let your tears do the talking as I save you.
Apr 5, 2014 8:25 AM

Jul 2013
YEEEAAAHHH... OOOH FUCKING YEAAAAHHH

I've been reading Kindaichi since I was in junior high and so excited to see it animated in this modern era. FUCK YEAH!!
Apr 5, 2014 9:57 AM

Feb 2008
dex_dash said:

Yeah that's kinda odd. Detective Conan never censored stuff (well, not sure about the latest episodes).

So this is pretty much like Detective Conan, but with Shin'ichi. Since I love Detective Conan, I'll definitely enjoy this. The first episode was pretty good as an introduction without wasting too much time.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 5, 2014 11:02 AM

Apr 2008
dex_dash said:

Because it play at 17h30(or 17h) in Japan.
Apr 5, 2014 11:41 AM

Jul 2012
That was a nice introduction to this case. I hate how they skipped that one flashback scene in the beginning tho... I watched this in Live Action already so I already know what's gonna happen xD

Anyway, really cool to see this show again, with a better budget! :D btw, love the ED song.

jiraiya_sensei said:
YEEEAAAHHH... OOOH FUCKING YEAAAAHHH

I've been reading Kindaichi since I was in junior high and so excited to see it animated in this modern era. FUCK YEAH!!

^^^ Sameeee
Apr 5, 2014 12:21 PM

May 2013
Very good. Definitely reminds me of Detective Conan. Saw that there was a prequel to this one. Hopefully I won't have to watch the prequel to know what is going on in this one.
Apr 5, 2014 12:31 PM

Dec 2007
The look alike thing is kinda cliche, but the anime looks like a good old school type of anime with interesting mystery.
The first episode didn't impress me much, and I didn't watch the series prior to it since it's not fully subbed yet.
The characters look likeable but not amazing, but I believe Kindaichi will shine at many parts of the series.
I'll continue watching.
Apr 5, 2014 12:32 PM

Sep 2011
This was actually pretty good. The ending left me hanging and the whole mystery part of it makes me want to watch it more.
Apr 5, 2014 12:57 PM

Jul 2013
A strong start off for a much anticipated (as fas as I'm concerned) sequel. Loved the art and character design being both modern and faithful to the original.

"Kindaichi" is a classic. Unfortunatelly, majority of the previous material was never translated-fansubbed. One can only hope that with this sequel, some attention will be drawn to the franchise and we will get one step closer to getting a Kindaichi translation.
Apr 5, 2014 3:45 PM

Jul 2010
I heard it was episodic, but it is not? Or the mysteries take more than one episode?
Anyway, this is actually good. I'm kinda conflicted about if I should see the prequel or not.
Apr 5, 2014 4:08 PM

May 2012
Akanezora said:
I heard it was episodic, but it is not? Or the mysteries take more than one episode?
Anyway, this is actually good. I'm kinda conflicted about if I should see the prequel or not.

3+ episode cases is what it means, then we start another case.
Apr 5, 2014 8:43 PM

Jul 2010
k11chi said:
Akanezora said:

I see, thank you.
Apr 5, 2014 10:36 PM
Jan 2013
ZetaZaku said:
dex_dash said:

Yeah that's kinda odd. Detective Conan never censored stuff (well, not sure about the latest episodes).

So this is pretty much like Detective Conan, but with Shin'ichi. Since I love Detective Conan, I'll definitely enjoy this. The first episode was pretty good as an introduction without wasting too much time.

for detective conan, they closed the victims' eyes as they died. not sure if this can be considered a censor though (and the blood looks darker rather than red)
KiraYoshikage said:

dex_dash said:

Because it play at 17h30(or 17h) in Japan.

that means it's airing when kids are still able to watch?
this makes sense, somehow
Apr 5, 2014 11:49 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Opening song is pretty good. Decent animation. Character designs are alright as well.

Urban legend comes true. Miyuki disappears is kidnapped..

Kindaichi and Saki run into the missing model, Yan Ran..
Miyuki's kidnapping motive becomes clear. Her dragon tattoo looks cool though. :)

Liked how all the introduced characters sat on the same batch of table.
The setup for Chan-san's death was neat! Shin reluctantly switched sits with him so he doesn't seem suspicious.

Ending song is nice too! This is going to be an interesting series.

Next episode:

Apr 6, 2014 12:32 AM

Apr 2012
I wasn't sure about watching this because I haven't seen the prequel but I am glad I did. This anime is interesting and leaves the feeling that knowledge from previous episodes isn't necessary ^^
Apr 6, 2014 2:34 AM
Aug 2011
Really nice to see Kindaichi again , i've seen the old ones when i was youger.

I think Kindaichi is better than Detective Conan , on the plot / design but somehow i still prefer Conan , but i'll enjoy it anyway since I love Detective's show.

I lol'd at the beginning when i heard Ran , i thought : could it possibly be a fusion of Conan and Kindaichi lol

Can't wait for the next Ep , i think they work differently from Detective Conan , they might have more than 3 suspects in each case
Apr 6, 2014 5:35 AM

Aug 2012
Never saw the first series, I kinda feel like that was a mistake on my part. Not because this was so good & it made me realize I was missing out on an instant classic but because having no emotional attachment to any of these characters made it hard for me to get invested in the case. And this episode really didn't provide any reason for me to like the characters, I feel like this would've been remedied by seeing the first series.

Either way, this was just a set-up episode & a decent one at that. I'll reserve judgment until the first case of this series wraps up.

On a side note, the ED was awesome.
Apr 6, 2014 12:49 PM

Aug 2010
Cant wait to see Kindaichi working to solve this case~
Apr 6, 2014 2:14 PM
Jan 2013
Osanajimi in trouble.
Apr 6, 2014 2:48 PM

Jan 2013
Glad to see another Mystery anime making its rounds. Will definitely keep up on it.
Apr 6, 2014 6:58 PM
Jul 2012
Pretty cool episode.

This show kinda feels like LA Noire, but in a different time set and different countries. Glad that the show doesn't picked where the old show of Kindaichi is at which I haven't saw it before.

I wonder why does the guy always carries the camera along him when he goes into places. Looks kinda pointless just to use a camera of something.

That poison at the end. I think the kidnapper killed him yikes.

The opening theme doesn't really fit the atmosphere of the mystery type, but it sounds cool. Ending theme is pretty nice too.

4/5 Will keep on watching this. Hope the show makes me thrilled.
Apr 6, 2014 10:00 PM

Feb 2010
DarknessOfEmo said:

The opening theme doesn't really fit the atmosphere of the mystery type, but it sounds cool. Ending theme is pretty nice too.

4/5 Will keep on watching this. Hope the show makes me thrilled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjIXE-YWMHM

Was the first opening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRS5a7YuUTk

Third Opening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3LfGUZMQI8

ED2

That 90s feel. Man, what a let down.
Apr 8, 2014 2:16 AM

Oct 2010
Daipyon said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice to see Kindaichi again. It's been ages since I've watched Kindaichi ^^

The voice actors are all the same :)
Miyuki got kidnapped again ;o She really get kidnapped so often... Poor her.
Ran really looks Miyuki alike.[/quote

]

yes....I ve been watching kindaichi old tv series and glad to have all seiyuu to be same person too :D

and good to see their technology is improve too(dat smartphone)
but too bad only 26 episodes only unlike old one 148 episodes
groundfishApr 8, 2014 2:27 AM
Signature Removed
Apr 8, 2014 5:07 AM

Feb 2013
HELL YEAH KINDAICHI IS BACK!

I miss these guys. And Ryuji Saki! I miss you dude.
Anyway, I was a fan of the manga a long long time ago and I'm now starting to watch the old one too and this one, this one looks good. It's.. how should I say it, brighter? And more modern as well, good good, I'm loving this. And about the case.. I have no idea whatsoever so yeah can't wait for the next episode!
Apr 9, 2014 4:07 AM

May 2012
The animation was totally meh. Interesting plot though.
5/10 for this ep.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Apr 9, 2014 7:59 AM
Aug 2011
I didn't like the episode, I thought the whole set up relied way too much on improbable coincidences and unlikely chance encounters at just the right moments.

Sticking with it though because it's highly regarded. Hopefully it's just this one set-up and it improves a lot once it's gets into the guts of the detective work.
Apr 10, 2014 6:52 AM

Oct 2013
First case was ridiculously predictable

Let's talk the way how he handle the situation where his childhood female friend getting kidnapped is total fuck'd up, for all you know she could get raped, killed or sold to be sex slave
"Burn the heretics"
Apr 12, 2014 4:11 AM

Apr 2008
k11chi said:
Akanezora said:

3 or 4 for exacly. this is alway like this in the old series. 3 at first, but the case was most 4 episodes.
Apr 28, 2014 2:56 PM
Sep 2011
oh yea Detective Hajime is back!!! I enjoyed the first series (sadly only watched 23 episodes) I wish people would stop comparing it to DC tho because they are both different!!! DC is never ending and plot is stretched out...plus DC only has one case per episode sometimes 2 parts where as Kindiachi's "files" are 3-4 episodes...plus each file has a group of suspects that dwindle down after each episode. I remember the first season had many cases where they were trapped on a island until the mystery was solved...and the culprit is always the one you least suspect!!!
Jun 1, 2014 12:51 PM

Dec 2013
LMAO at the Cantonese!

Oh man it was nice to watch Kindaichi again. One of my childhood favorites. Like someone had mentioned, the new age of Kindaichi, love the introduction of technology in the story.
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jun 15, 2014 8:47 AM

Oct 2012
For a long time... I want to watch these again!!
"For my grandfather!!" or "In the name of my grandfather" xD
"Signature removed"
Jul 15, 2023 10:11 PM

Oct 2018
The final 50 or so episodes from the series before I run out of Kindaichi anime. They used some of the old music although the visuals are uninspiring and the color design + art direction looks ugly.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

21 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 21, 2023 2:31 PM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

12 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 21, 2023 2:26 PM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

14 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 21, 2023 1:39 PM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

18 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 21, 2023 1:11 PM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Returns Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

17 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jul 21, 2023 1:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.