Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 9, 2008 10:10 AM

Jan 2008
It's gotta be the characters and the plot both are so well done.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 15, 2008 11:53 AM
Jan 2008
Blaine said:
It's gotta be the characters and the plot both are so well done.

i really like the atmosphere and the story of the manga :D it fascinates me
Mar 22, 2008 9:35 AM

Jan 2008
While the story and the plot is absolutely awesome, what really sells it for me is the massive amount of really interesting scientific concepts and ideas he casually introduces into the story.
Kaos' split personality, radio frequency senses and psychometrics, nanotechnoloy and the berzerker body, orbital lifts, high pressure water blades, all the frequency techniques in the Panzerkunst (oh and all the German names in it make me very happy as well) like Hertzer Hauen and later the Verschlag. Solenoid quench guns!
All that technobabble, because in THIS series, it really does mean something.

But yes the often tragic and really captivating plotlines are absolutely great as well.

PS: I'm a physics student so I like that stuff.
Apr 7, 2008 6:15 AM
Jan 2008
I like it since it's like MadMax but alot better. :P
And Alita/Yoko is such a dramatic character. :P
Jul 29, 2008 11:50 PM

Nov 2007
Yeah, pretty much everything in this whole series. The characters stand out alot! Not to mention up to where Last Order is at, Kishiro's art has improved to a point where nearly every single page is ASTOUNDING to look at, especially the scenes where something is HAPPENING! (which is every chapter hahaha). The science terminology, martial art terminology, and vice versa are all so educational and nice to look into when the interest is there, which at the same time, if you plan to be a storyteller of whatever medium, it can REALLY really help.

What else...oh and the plot, honestly, the more the universe of BAA keeps developing, it keeps growing, where, it can be rather mindblowing, especially volumes 8 and 9 of Last Order<3.

Oh and, the real strong fighters (Alita, Toji, Zechs, Caerula, etc.) are so ridiculiously strong, I wonder how much farther can they go, especially where now we're seeing messages and morals on enlightment and self-improvement...it's...really powerful.

Very inspirational series, that's for sure<3
Sep 14, 2008 3:23 AM
Apr 2008
Everything... The characters, the story, the really cool scientific ideas, the amazing artwork... just everything.
Oct 17, 2008 12:39 AM

Aug 2007
For sci-fi stuff it's very emotional as well and that's great (no wonder Cameron got interested in it 'cause it probably reminded him his own movies). Sci-fi-ish martial arts aspect is also great -- I like how it continues to develop in Last Order. Well pretty much everything and of course I especially like Alita's character!
Dec 8, 2008 5:15 PM
Jul 2018
The characters, the setting, the art, the ideas are all amazing.
Feb 9, 2009 6:48 AM

Jan 2009
well...besides the characters and the story...and the fact that i love Alita...i like the universe...the world created in the manga is just awesome...and i love how alita grows emotionally...i just can't wait for vol 12...
Feb 13, 2009 2:33 PM

Dec 2007
While the artwork sees a lot of change over time (part of which is definitely intended by Kishiro, to show how Alita matures), it is, to me, one of the main selling points of this manga.

However, I love BAA and BAA:LO as works of art in their entirety. I wonder what he'll do after it, since Last Order can't take that much longer, can it?
Feb 14, 2009 8:46 AM

Jan 2009
well...last order could take some time...we still have the semifinals and the finals...that's 3 showdowns...and there are chances we're going to see Igrec's story...he seams to be an interesting character...and I'd really like to see some Alita on Mars...more of the past...we now what here last mission was...but what of here past...when shee was small...her training...I'd li8ke to see some of that to...so maybe 4 more volumes...at max...min 2 vol...
May 4, 2009 12:51 AM

Dec 2007
SS4L said:
well...last order could take some time...we still have the semifinals and the finals...that's 3 showdowns...and there are chances we're going to see Igrec's story...he seams to be an interesting character...and I'd really like to see some Alita on Mars...more of the past...we now what here last mission was...but what of here past...when shee was small...her training...I'd li8ke to see some of that to...so maybe 4 more volumes...at max...min 2 vol...

True. Some part of me just doesn't want it to end, I guess.
May 26, 2009 2:16 PM

Jan 2009
yep...i'd like my children to read this manga to..it's my favorite!!!!
Jun 1, 2009 5:45 AM
May 2008
Everything is awesome about this manga!!! This is one of my all time favorites! Its got wonderful characters, amazing action, wonderful storytelling and great art!
Jul 18, 2009 6:25 AM

Feb 2005
I'd say it's gone a bit down after all this tournament stuff, I liked it much better before that arc started, and the flashback arc with Vilma was awesome, just as with the original, Yukito really knows how to stick in great variety in the different arcs, but I'd say this recent tournament is the weakest so far.
Jul 21, 2009 3:08 AM

Jan 2009
I feel like I want this arc to end...although there were a few great parts in this arc to...the flashbacks the twist with Alita’s brain, finding out about her last mission...can’t really complain...but still great!!!
Dec 26, 2009 12:56 PM

Feb 2009
everyone's read Last Order here? I've only read all of Gunnm and 1 vol of Last Order. I was still hesitating whether to buy the remaining vols of Last Order because it's quite hard to find it nowadays (plus it's in chinese...I go @@ over the scientific explanations). Think I should just get the English graphic novel lol.

I absolutely loved the first Gunnm. My favourite hands down. Really, everything about Gunnm was thrilling and awestrucking. Initially, I found it a little disgusting because of the intestinal spillage, but I especially loved the moral, the humanity behind all the hideous looking villains...and I began to see the beauty of their characters.

I really liked the romance in Gunnm too. And the intricacy of Kishiro's art was just magnificent.
Jan 15, 2010 11:57 AM

Aug 2009
The suicide booth called "EndJoy" was an awesome concept. I was going to say it symbolized the flaw of the "perfect" city but maybe it wasn't a flaw at all. The idea of suicide is taboo but in the future it just might be socially accepted and besides its not like anyone was forced to enter, it was every citizens right.

I really enjoyed the realism. One of my favorite parts of the manga was the story with hugo, i really felt alitas love for him, it didnt feel real with Figure but the end was very romantic when he finds her.

The entire environment was so intricate and well though out which is probably what i liked the most about the manga, that they build the environment first and then made the character a product of that environment, instead of the other way around.
Long live Robot X...

Official site of The Collected

Mar 17, 2010 8:13 AM

Nov 2007
I am surprised no one commented on what my favorite part is (and I imagine my older brother's as well), which is just the goofy, over the top style that enjoys itself the whole time. Hard to properly put this into words...but you all will probably at least mostly get what I mean in the context of this manga!
Elsewhere, a somewhat startled Warren Worthington III finds that he has accidentally wandered into an electrified east-side world of post-twist teens and watsui-ing teeny-boppers...
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Alita: Battle Angel

MitakaFami - Dec 10, 2017

0 by MitakaFami »»
Dec 10, 2017 3:00 AM

» Mars Chronicle

MitakaFami - Oct 4, 2017

0 by MitakaFami »»
Oct 4, 2017 11:03 AM

» Last Order

thecollected - Jan 15, 2010

6 by Katholic »»
Aug 17, 2017 3:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.