Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 3, 2008 3:55 PM

Dec 2007
eetoo.... (thinking how to formulate the question)

I wanted to ask...
Cause, you know I wondered if...
I thought if there is...
I...

MOU!!! -_-#

The problem is, i'm not really that good with drawing existing anime characters, somehow the face never seem really right... so I wanted to ask... (damn, that will sound noobish... -_-) Are there any universal tips to this? Well except "train"... I heard that alot, but to train you need some basis, right?

so... yeah.
Thanks in advance ^_^

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 7, 2008 2:43 AM

Jul 2007
haha! sorry to say this, but i really think it's just practice ;P

lol!

but try drawing it really lightly, having a ref next to you, and keep going untill it's as close as possible :)
Jan 7, 2008 3:14 AM

Dec 2007
mattaku -_-... (this forum lacks emotes... I wanna a sigh emote...)
Like i thought It was a stupid question... >.> It's damn troublesome, you know... It's kinda.. the proportions are never good... Like... Angle of a jaw, bow of the jaw, size of the jaw, angle of eyes, distance between them... So long as i do it from imagination it's acceptable I guess, but the moment I go for redrawing something it's just a tragedy... T_T I thought... lol, no maybe i'll stop before i'll make a even greater loser out of myself >.<

Jan 8, 2008 10:39 AM

Jul 2007
*pats*

all in good time my friend.

:D
Jan 8, 2008 11:29 AM

Mar 2007
Well, you don't want things to look exactly the same as the original anyway. Developing your own style is good. Recognizable as the character, but in a unique style is fun.
Jan 9, 2008 4:28 PM
Aug 2007
Some artists are generally over-critical of their own work and that's probably why your work doesn't look very good (in your eyes anyway) compared to originals. It's easy to spot errors in angles and curves in our own work because we drew it ourselves, where as someone else might see it and say "wow you drew that?!".

So maybe try to be less critical about your stuff ^^, if it really is that bad even after toning the critism down, just take it as practice!

You'll already have your own style, and I think MagicalEmi is right in that developing your style would be good, drawing the characters in your own unique way, as it's hard to draw someone elses work perfectly, without Copy & Paste anyway -.-'

So I guess:
- Practice
- Learn to be less critical of your own work
- Develop your own style

And have fun muahaha

I started out tracing stuff to get a feel, then began drawing my own work and started to develop my own style. Hope it helped a bit ^^
Jan 11, 2008 3:51 PM

Jul 2007
thats very true!

if you see your mistakes it often means your getting better :)
Feb 7, 2008 8:31 AM

Dec 2007
OK, another question.

Let's bring up painting in PS. any tips on "where" should I start? I don't know, lessons, some kind of excersises or something?

Feb 11, 2008 8:15 AM
Aug 2007
Hmm I use Corel Painter, don't know much about PS :[

But when I started using that it was mainly just alot of trial and error, testing each tool and brush until I got a feel for it. You could also search for some tuts on google I guess, though I prefer discovering new things and learning for myself ^^

Maybe one of the others knows more about PS..
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» MyAnimeList Gijinka

LooneyLei - Dec 27, 2022

0 by LooneyLei »»
Dec 27, 2022 7:13 PM

» deviantart

ternalnodorei - Jan 9, 2008

12 by Koniak007 »»
Aug 25, 2018 11:23 AM

» soo then, how long have you been drawing anime?

jade-the-raptor - Sep 18, 2007

18 by greg_cho »»
May 3, 2009 12:20 AM

» Tools of the Trade

MagicalEmi - Apr 24, 2008

0 by MagicalEmi »»
Apr 24, 2008 10:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.