Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 16, 2016 5:28 PM

Oct 2012
I haven't seen the episode yet.. But they really kissed? YAASSSS!!!!!

edit: THAT WAS DEFINITELY A KISS. Anyone who think otherwise is in denial!!
anyway, i love this episode , the performance was beautiful,
i just hope there're more conflicts between yuuri and viktor, just to make the story more interesting (instead of fluff all the time).
Also pitchit's music theme was superb! I need to download it!!
zozeNov 17, 2016 12:37 AM
Nov 16, 2016 5:30 PM

Jun 2015
perfect
amazing
love it
Nov 16, 2016 5:31 PM
May 2014
What are your opinions on why Yuri pokes Viktor's head? This is the second time! And what did Yuri mean with that poke and pat before his performance?
Nov 16, 2016 5:32 PM

May 2007
RIGHT IN MY F*CKING KOKORO!!!
WOOOOO!

This episode made me sooo happy! :'D
Nov 16, 2016 5:35 PM
Oct 2016
I hope all the people with their wishful thinking of a real kiss dont go bonkers when they finally realize that your projection onto that scene was just a perfect troll that happens so much in anime.

Unless a kiss on the cheek at max is what you really thought.
Nov 16, 2016 5:42 PM

Jan 2014
MAL needs to update the genre tags for this anime it's sport and Yaoi since they just crossed that line this episode lol

Bet all the girls screamed in excitement when that scene happened
Nov 16, 2016 5:47 PM

May 2016
I could write an essay on why they kissed (the positioning, the reaction, what he said afterwards, the way they looked at each other, general build-up, the episode synopsis ect.) but I'm not going to because I don't want to waste my time on idiots. ANYWAY this series has 1st off been my favourite anime of all time by far, and 2nd off this is the best day of my life and my favourite episode of any tv series of all time. It was just so perfect
Nov 16, 2016 5:50 PM

Dec 2012
Splendid episode.

Poor Yuri all that pressure from the competition is getting to him.
Victor trying to make sure everything is OK.
OHH Poor Yuri crying.

Wonderful performance by Yuri.
OMG!!! that Victor & Yuri hug & maybe a kiss.

Congrats Phichit on winning gold. Yuri winning Sliver & Chris winning Bronze.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 2016
Screagle said:
I could write an essay on why they kissed (the positioning, the reaction, what he said afterwards, the way they looked at each other, general build-up, the episode synopsis ect.) but I'm not going to because I don't want to waste my time on idiots. ANYWAY this series has 1st off been my favourite anime of all time by far, and 2nd off this is the best day of my life and my favourite episode of any tv series of all time. It was just so perfect

Read above about your wishful thinking.

Jan 2015
Liked how it cuts to Yuuri and his mental hangup while the announcer shouts about perfect jumps and such during the other character's performances - it reminded me of Yurio's Agape (yeah, still my favorite)

Viktor's an inspiration for nearly every skater in this show, which is really cool, because I've been thinking about the concept of idolization for the last month or so lol

"Leo, you're an artist. Your prayer reached the world." Awesome.

Yuri on Ice (the song) is finally growing on me.

Regardless of whether or not it was a hug or a kiss, which seems pretty clearly to be the latter, I liked how Yuuri's hands/fingers were drawn in the mid-fall shot.

But, how many times did they reuse that one reaction shot?
Nov 16, 2016 5:52 PM

Nov 2010
Seeing a younger and innocent-looking Chris was really refreshing, but did anyone else found his voice weird? It sounded too deep for his age.
Either that or he looked younger than he should. He's only 2 years younger than Viktor, how old was he on that scene?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2016 5:52 PM

Mar 2013
MY HEART!!!!! OMG MY HEART!!!!!

OMG IM DYING!

THE SHIP IS REAL!!!!

YurixVictor <3
Nov 16, 2016 5:53 PM
Jul 2013
First of all, that was beautiful, like BEAUTIFUL.

Second of all, the scene where Yuri started crying almost made me tear. Definitely one of the best scenes in the anime.

And OMG THAT KISS. CANNOT CONTAIN THE FEELS.
Like seriously, that made my day. Too experience your ship becoming cannon is an amazing thing.

I can understand why people are skeptical about the kiss but if that wasn't a kiss then what was it. There are too many arguments to support that it was a kiss. And if by some chance the ship doesn't become cannon (it practically is) then I'll worry about that then. Right now I'm just content with everything that is happening.

AND THAT PREVIEW. How am I supposed to wait a whole week?
Nov 16, 2016 5:57 PM
Oct 2016
Well if anyone ever needed to collect data on BL lovers and them using projections in anime this for sure is the thread to research it on.
Nov 16, 2016 5:58 PM
Oct 2015
oh god, this episode of Yaoi On Ice was just, yes. I legitimately shed a tear of joy over the course of my 5 straight minutes of making inhuman noises and heavily breathing. MITSUROU KOBA , CREATOR OF YOI, CONFIRMED IT WAS A KISS.
I swear, though, if this turns into some No.6 shit where they share a few kisses, but the relationship is unknown between them, I'm gonna hunt down the creator and make them pay.

I thought this was queerbait, but it doesn't seem to be going that way ;-)
RomanceZeroNov 20, 2016 5:03 PM
Nov 16, 2016 6:04 PM

Mar 2013
I DONT KNOW IF THEY KISSED OR NOT.

BUT MAN...
The way they looked at each other:

THIS is love. Right. Here.
_junoNov 16, 2016 6:09 PM
Nov 16, 2016 6:04 PM
Jun 2016
THEIR STILL TEASING ME WHYYYYYY DDIIIIDIIDIDDDNNNT YOU LET ME SEE THAT KISS MAAPPPAAAA
Nov 16, 2016 6:08 PM

Jun 2016
The kiss scene!!!!! I seriously screamed so loud that I wouldn't be surprised if my neighbours called 911? lmao

But everything is being way too peaceful for me. I'm sure some shit is going to happen, otherwise these fluffy vibes gonna get boring at some point. Yeah, I'm sure. Something is coming up... And I'm really afraid of whatever it is...

Sorry for the pessimism. I just have experience at bad endings.
HATSUNE MIKU TOOK ALL MY WEED !!!!!!!11 😡😡
Nov 16, 2016 6:16 PM
Jul 2016
and then they say GOD IS REAL
Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.
Nov 16, 2016 6:20 PM

May 2014
Oh man, I can't even take this anymore tbh, it's just all too good!

Definitely glad about Phitchit's stunning performance bc I was kind of disappointed by his skating last episode...needless to say that he made up for it and that first place was deserved.

Ofc I wanted Yuri to win, but it wouldn't be fun if it was that easy. His performance actually made me cry though and it's wonderful to see both him and Victor growing together as Skater and Coach...I nearly stopped breathing when he landed that quadruple flip. Job well done, and he even came out with silver to keep Chris on his toes.

I'm glad we'll be getting more Phitchit and Christophe since they're both growing on me, and I'm really looking forward to anymore new characters to be introduced. Also, more Yurio will be much appreciated!! Can't wait!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2016 6:38 PM

Mar 2016
Holy shit this episode was full of great AMV material! Time to go cut and edit shit->
Nov 16, 2016 6:42 PM
Jan 2016
Cativa said:
This was a beautiful episode. The animation of the coreoagraphy was better than episodes 2-6 for all the competitors, in my opinion.

I can tell you that I don't feel like the kiss was enough to redeem the fanservice. I need an actual conversation I think. Maybe for Victor to be a little bit more dimensional. Well, at least no one can say it's queer baiting.

The scene that really got me going was the crying one. It was beautiful, the animation, what Victor and Yuri were thinking, how they expressed themselves. Characterisation was on point there. I'm kinda sad that it will not be remembered, as it happened in the same episode of The Kiss (tm).

I will definitely remember the scene where Yuri finally broke down in front of someone and told them how he really felt. It was something that he really needed to move forward and it made them both realize something, which will not only make progress for my otp, but also inhance their relationship as couch and skater. This anime has gone leaps and bounds beyond my expectations and I'm loving every intense moment it has given!
Nov 16, 2016 6:53 PM
Nov 2016
I rewatched that kissing scene 4 times to figure out if it was a real freaking kiss or more queer-bait and I still can't tell!! OH MY GOD
Nov 16, 2016 6:54 PM

May 2007
I don't even care if it was a kiss or a tight hug, the feels are real! This episode was one of the biggest emotional rollercoasters I've ever seen.
Yuris anxiety turned to fear. Fear turned to breaking point and then he exploded. But after the storm, the calmness always consumes you and makes you clear.
Victor is both - Yuri's storm and oasis. Beautiful.
Nov 16, 2016 7:03 PM
Jul 2013
So this is what it feels like to have your dreams come true. :,)
Nov 16, 2016 7:04 PM
Aug 2016
I don't think they kissed but hugged...... Am I wrong or did it seem like they kissed but didn't??
(No hating but I don't ship them lol)
Nov 16, 2016 7:06 PM

Apr 2014
i'm really starting to dislike the term queerbaiting lol do people not realize that this has been building up since the first episode? their relationship is a big part of the plot, it's not soley for shits and giggles like it is in most sports animes.

no matter what anyone says, they kissed, end of story, whether you ship them or not they clearly have an intimate relationship.
Nov 16, 2016 7:17 PM

Jul 2011
Now I wish I wasn't spoiled by my friend before the episode, because the build up to that was fantastic!!
Though did they actually kiss? Or did they troll us to hell and back??? xD (nobody gave a big reaction from the audience/family imo)
I love how they (TV staff) can convince everyone they kissed, but can still argue against it if they need to (censorship etc).

Saying that, my favorite moment was when Yuri just started crying at Victor's words. That was honestly so perfect and great characterization. <33
That one scene in the parking lot seriously hit me in the feels.
MirorinNov 16, 2016 7:26 PM
Nov 16, 2016 7:22 PM

Dec 2013
That kiss cleansed the world of all evil and brought us into a new era <3
Nov 16, 2016 7:37 PM
Nov 2015
Porciunkula said:
What are your opinions on why Yuri pokes Viktor's head? This is the second time! And what did Yuri mean with that poke and pat before his performance?

I think it's Yuri's way of showing affection for Viktor, as Viktor is a very physically affectionate person. Touch and body language are Viktor's innate way of expressing emotions and Yuri knows this. This type of expression of affection or care for another person doesn't come easily to Yuri, who is very shy and easily embarrassed. Yuri is aware of this, which is why his initiation of contact with Viktor (poking his head) is profound (let's not forget last episode with the forehead touching too). It's Yuri's subtle and shy way of communicating to Viktor in a language Yuri isn't fully confident communicating in: body language. It's Yuri's way of saying 'Hey, I care about you too and want to make you proud, so watch me'. It's so awkward that it's completely Yuri too.

In regard to EP7, the poke and pat seemed part consolation, part gratitude and part make-sure-you-watch-me. The poke communicating to Viktor he should pay attention to Yuri, but also suggesting that the succeeding pat is 'purely for you, Viktor'. The pat was completely consolation and gratitude — gratitude for Viktor listening to him, consolation that Viktor had to handle his anxiety, something that Yuri has dealt with for years, and more gratitude that Viktor chose him and is still here, making Yuri feel like he has a place in the skating world. It was a small action that brought emotional nuance and complexity to Viktor's and Yuri's relationship. In fact, the entire episode did and I'm so glad for it.
Nov 16, 2016 7:48 PM

Apr 2011
Neromon said:
The animation has improved! Just in time for one of the best episodes and the best performance by Yuri so far!

RoseyFanFan said:
On another note it seems like they used CG for all the skaters except for Yuri... the animation for Yuri's FS was very well done though so was worth it!

I'm pretty sure it wasn't cg, but there was definitely more effort put into the animation for Yuri's performance.

It's very subtle but you can tell in some of the zoomed out scenes it's CGI, it has that typical stiff arm movement. Although it's a lot less noticeable this episode compared to the previous.
Nov 16, 2016 7:55 PM

Apr 2011
lizebutnotrize said:
RoseyFanFan said:
Omgsh my heart skipped a beat near the end.... Was it a kiss!? Was it a hug!? WHAT HAPPENED IDK WHAT TO FEEL! All I can think about is that scene ;__; THIS ANIME IS SUCH A TEASE!!

On another note it seems like they used CG for all the skaters except for Yuri... the animation for Yuri's FS was very well done though so was worth it!
"""Censored""" kiss. No debate here.

Everything is set up as a typical anime kissing scene you'd see in other (heterosexual romance) anime: Viktor 'jumping' on Yuuri and wrapping his arms around Yuuri's neck, the slow motion zoom-in on Viktor's lips getting closer and closer to Yuuri's, Yuuri's face is red from excitement, Viktor's eyes are lidded, Viktor's eyes close, camera zooms in on Yuuri's eyes widening in surprise in response to the feeling of Viktor's lips on his, the camera zooms out, showing the dramatic slow-motion fall of both Viktor & Yuuri... on Ice (no pun intended). Then after the kiss comes the embrace, the blushing cheeks and the lovestruck eyes looking into each other.

The audience gasps.

Gay gay gay, so gay!

Lol I would hope so! That whole set up was indeed too well done. Ughhhhh don't think I have ever hated censorship more than now!
Nov 16, 2016 7:56 PM
Jun 2009
Anyone assuming whether it was a kiss or not has never played Phoenix Wright lol. No matter how much "evidence" you have, none of it is 100% decisive. The only way it can be confirmed is for Victor's damned arm to get out of the way.

The important thing isn't whether they kissed or not, the important thing is that Christophe had an orgasm on ice YET AGAIN. (And his outfit was pretty on point too)
Nov 16, 2016 8:00 PM

Oct 2013
XxLet2xX said:
Seeing a younger and innocent-looking Chris was really refreshing, but did anyone else found his voice weird? It sounded too deep for his age.
Either that or he looked younger than he should. He's only 2 years younger than Viktor, how old was he on that scene?

werid? nah, i had classmate that developed his voice quite early, it became manly, more manlier than everyone. it was quite unexpected. it was the beginning of 1st years of highschool, at least in my country.
Nov 16, 2016 8:03 PM

Oct 2014
Haha, no one believed when I said they were canon

I always wanted to see more animations like No.6, where there are gay main characters but the story is not focused only on that

It's so funny to see everyone's reaction every week
Wait, did you just say that Jojo is shit?
Nov 16, 2016 8:08 PM

May 2013
Yeah, anyone still saying that Yuri and Viktor aren't in some form of romantic relationship by now are just being delusional. Even if they don't explicitly say it, those two have a deep bond with one another and they're most definitely tied together by feelings that are not strictly platonic.

As for the episode itself, it was wonderful! That emotional peak with Yuri admitting to Viktor he wanted him to have more faith in him was heart wrenching. These characters are wonderfully developed, so I really dig watching them work through their issues. Georgi is a little freak tho lol.

I was really there for the kiss tho. It was great.
“Victor can’t be satisfied by anyone but me.”

Nov 16, 2016 8:10 PM
Jul 2018
such a sweet episode omg.

the music and animation was amazing as always.

that was a kiss scene and nothing will convince me otherwise.
Nov 16, 2016 8:14 PM

Jul 2013
I want the last two minutes of this episode to be played at my funeral.
I bumped my rating for this show from a 9 to a 10 for successfully breaking down sport anime stereotypes while excelling stupendously at it. Congrats to the creators of YoI for taking steps towards normalizing homosexuality by making the relationship aspect of the show not the main focus. Bless progressive shows like this.
*slow clap*
Nov 16, 2016 8:29 PM

May 2015
But I wanted them to kiss...
Nov 16, 2016 8:37 PM

Mar 2016
I loved this episode. I was waiting for it all week. I loved Yuri's performance. The animation improved from the last episode. His performance was so smoothly animated out. I don't get why georgi keeps saying he's coming after every performance. I don't like his look. If he was more masculine, I'll contemplate liking him more but out of all the characters, I like him the least.
I can't wait for the official Yuri vs. Yuri battle in the russian competition. AHHHHHHH!!!!
Nov 16, 2016 8:45 PM
May 2015
I believe it was an actual kiss. Why else would victor close his eyes? Why focus so much of the lips and eyes of the two.?

Why would a hug be surprising? They've hugged so many times. A kiss was the surprise. Victor did offer to kiss him to cheer him up when he broke down into tears.

I believe its the creators way of saying it's not bait and that we can expect a more clear non hidden kiss scene in future.

Guys in anime have kissed. Sasuke and Naruto,Yuki and that white haired kid from future diary. Don't gimme crap about censoring gay kissing in anime. They probably are saving that scene for when Yuuri wins.
And if they kissed and fell like they did somebody would end up with broken teeth
Nov 16, 2016 8:47 PM
Feb 2016
I felt that this episode is a bit bland for me in terms of the story plot. It seems that as we get further down we might only see repetitiveness of the plot. Of course since this is about skating it can't be help but I do hope by the next episode they'll make it interesting back for me. I guess in the end I still don't understand about skating even after watching this far. The animation quality seems to be dropping since the 3rd episode and, as much as I hate to say this, one of the better ones tend to be (intimate) scenes of Victor and Yuuri such as that last part where Victor jump to kiss him.

The two of them did get kissed on the lips right?! It's not my imagination right? The other scene that made an impact to me would be when Victor closes Yuuri's ear and told him not to listen after Phichit's performance.

Anyway I hope the story and animation quality will be getting better next week...
Nov 16, 2016 8:56 PM

Apr 2014
they're really not trying to be subtle anymore are they......Viktor and Yuri are adorable as always

Viktor looks so good with long hair, he should bring it back

thankfully the animation improved a little bit and now there's more performances. i also like the songs they use, very diverse. personally really liked Phichit's

hmm was that a kiss or a hug? i'm just gonna assume it's a kiss

i think the ending song of this anime sorta foreshadows Yuri's and Viktor's future now that i think about it
Nov 16, 2016 9:07 PM

Dec 2009
OMG.........THIS IS TOO MUCH.........THIS IS BEAUTIFUL.......WHAT IS LIFE....... WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING BEFORE I WATCHED THIS............I CANNOT REMEMBER ANYMORE

OMG.. THE KISS.. IT HAPPENED... AND I WAS THINKING THE PART WHERE YUURI CRIED WAS GOING TO BE THE 'SHIP' PART OF THE EPISODE, Y' KNOW EVERY EPISODE WE GET SOME HAPPY MOMENTS OF BEAUTIFUL VIKTOR X YUURI BUT NO.. THE REAL SHOCK WAS AT THE BACK OH MY GOD........ THE KISS....... IJUST CANNOT BELIEVE MY EYES I THOUGHT I WAS HALLUCINATING THE WHOLE TIME SO I WENT BACK TO WATCH IT BUT IT WAS TRUE

.................too beautiful
(sorry for the intense caps moment i just could not contain my feels)
Nov 16, 2016 9:20 PM

Feb 2015
Despite I don't really love this anime I fucking enjoy each episode. It's like you're transported to watch this story and you get captivated by the good story, characters and development.

Is awsome how they create each coreography and make it different and unique.
Nov 16, 2016 9:24 PM

Jun 2014
The performances were amazing! This anime reminds me every week on why I love ice skating competitions so much. The stories they tell with their skating and their bodies is so beautiful!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Nov 16, 2016 9:26 PM

Aug 2016
Weeb-Claire said:
I want the last two minutes of this episode to be played at my funeral.
I bumped my rating for this show from a 9 to a 10 for successfully breaking down sport anime stereotypes while excelling stupendously at it. Congrats to the creators of YoI for taking steps towards normalizing homosexuality by making the relationship aspect of the show not the main focus. Bless progressive shows like this.
*slow clap*

I did the same, the character development was amazing this episode. I love the way on how mature MAPPA actually took Yuri on Ice and I hope more studios will see this and see how successful it can be.
Nov 16, 2016 9:56 PM
May 2013
I started crying when he did
Nov 16, 2016 10:29 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Another great episode...competition power!!!!
Nov 16, 2016 10:41 PM

Aug 2016
This episode was so good y'all.

Like even if the kiss hadn't happened, I would have loved this one. I was just thinking today how I was getting kind of disappointed in Yuri and Viktor's development. I felt like the breakneck pace of getting through all these competitions/routines was suffocating the protags' character development. Viktor and Yuri were still getting some decent moments, but they just felt like fun "look how cute they are" moments and not anything actually substantive about them getting to know one another.

This episode finally gave us some real progress. Viktor trying to figure out Yuri's nerves, and the entire garage scene where he genuinely screws up were much more than I was coming to expect from this show. Showing Viktor not as some charmingly ditzy yet mostly perfect casanova, but instead as a flawed person who doesn't know how to empathize with complex emotions was great. Yuri's reaction, where he's simultaneously hurt by Viktor's words while genuinely not believing they're true is also so real. I've definitely been in that situation before, where you know someone's bluffing about something hurtful, but it stings all the same, because they're still weaponizing your insecurity against you. What totally sealed it was Yuri's extremely mature handling of the situation in his on-ice monologue, though. The fact that he can be annoyed at Viktor and recognize his failings as a coach, while at the same time examining his own feelings, and finding motivation through both...dang, that was just some good, realistic character writing. Having come to this show fully expecting these characters to be cardboard cutouts with just enough personality to ship, I'm so happy to see Yuri being written like an actual competent adult.

The kiss at the end though was just fucking fantastic though. Put me on team "that was definitely a kiss." I've seen enough shoujo manga kisses to recognize that shot-for-shot Generic Anime Surprise Kiss. The shot With Yuri's surprised eye being the only thing on his face not obscured by Viktor's, followed by a quick shot of Viktor closing his eyes, followed by all those shocked reactions just feels textbook kiss. I think framing it the way they did was pretty brilliant, actually. The whole scene is preceded by what's obviously a shot from Yuri's POV as he gets knocked off his feet. Then we get the little disjointed detail shots. It gives the whole thing a very "IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?" feeling, really gets viewers into Yuri's head in that moment. The whole scene is made to be surprising and confusing on purpose, but I still think we're meant to read it as a kiss. Viktor's line afterword seems to point that way too.

I've been skeptical about this show being bait, and to be honest I won't be shocked if this is somehow shrugged off or goes unacknowledged in the next episode, but as of right now the scene does read as genuine to me. I think it worked particularly well because this whole episode served as buildup for it. It shows us the two becoming closer, albeit clumsily and painfully. So ending the episode with a clumsy crash of a kiss just works so well. It feels earned.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mappa's insane missed oppurtunity...

jotasui - Aug 10, 2023

17 by Niko_himari »»
May 1, 11:40 AM

» A petition was made to save the movie

Old_School_Akira - Apr 23

13 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Apr 29, 5:18 AM

» Movie got cancelled ( 1 2 )

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 18

56 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Apr 29, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

205 by ZolaZodiac »»
Mar 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2016

235 by Musical_grl »»
Mar 16, 3:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.