Forum Settings
Forums

Isayama Yomi Trial Session #7 (credit given to Kaminakun on testifying)

New
May 24, 2009 8:45 PM
May 2008
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Critics Court of Opinion": Session 7

Host 1: Good day to you all and welcome to the "Critics Court of Opinion".

Host 2: We are continuing today's case of Isayama Yomi from Ga-Rei Zero. It has been quite a long series with many interesting arguments I must say.

Host 1: Indeed, it has. (grabbing a piece of paper) In recent news, defense attorney Anime-Destiny has provided his report that he will eventually bring this trail to a close to avoid dragging it any further.

Host 2: From that, we will continue the trail with defense attorney Anime-Destiny.

Judge: Mr. Destiny, you may proceed with your case.

Anime-Destiny: Thank you, your honor. To everyone in this courtroom, I appreciate you are sticking out with this case because it has been a bit of a long trail. I will like to ensure that I only have a few sessions to go and I will rest my defense for this case. For today's session, I will like to call Kaminakun to testify for today's case.

(Kaminakun walks out of audience, Baliff arrives with book, Kaminakun places his left hand on book while raising his right hand)

Baliff: Mr. Kaminakun, do you swear the fact that you have seen Ga-Rei Zero making your opinion valid in this case?

Kaminakun: I do.

(Baliff returns to corner with book and Kaminakun sits on testify bench)

Anime-Destiny: Mr. Kaminakun, thank you for accepting to testify in this court case.

Kaminakun: No trouble at all, Mr. Destiny.

Anime-Destiny: (looks at list of questions) For my first question of this trail, how is Yomi special to you as a character and did her performance matter in Ga-Rei Zero?

Kaminakun: Yomi had my feelings split in two. On one hand I really hate her (I still do) for killing the casts in episode 1. While one can argue she was not really herself at the time, but I don't see why she started targeting random people she does not know about. In that sense I find her evil, and later on her torture of her former teammate Kazuki was also very brutal (another reason for my hatred). There is no doubt that she was very likable prior to her transformation. The events that took place in the hospital made me feel lots of pity for her and it is only natural (IMO) that she eventually accepted the death stone. Even after she turned evil, her love for Kagura at the end still prevails over the darkness controlling her mind and body. Thus simply saying Yomi has before/after transformation characteristics is not valid in my eyes.

There is no Ga-Rei Zero if there is no Yomi. The story completely center around her (more so than Kagura in my opinion even if she is suppose to be the "main main" character).

Anime-Destiny: Very well, now for the next question. Based on the evidence provided in the courtroom, what are your thoughts now on Yomi as a character?

Kaminakun: One can have all sorts of feelings for Yomi. As stated previously, I hated her for what she did after she turned evil. But I must also acknowledge the fact that she tried to resist the darkness from the death stone after she realized what she has become and that point alone (even if we exclude the chain of sad hospital events) is worth all the pity in the world. In conclusion, she is a very well developed character, especially considering how short the duration of the show was.

Anime-Destiny: Mr. Kaminakun, how well-executed do you think Yomi's character accomplish from anime in general?

Kaminakun: Yomi's overall character development is on par to some of the most favourited characters of all time. But the length it took to execute her character was rather short, but the effect was still very strong! I dare say in the character development department, Yomi is definitely at the top.

Anime-Destiny: Based on Master_M2K's argument, are there any characters that may be similar to Yomi? If so, what makes Yomi special compare to them though?

Kaminakun: I really wish Mr. M2K can provide some characters that may be similar to Yomi in that respect because personally I cannot think of any that make me love and hate and pity at the same time.

In terms of anime, the closest to Yomi I can think of are Shirley from Code Geass and Misuzu from Air. Both of these girls have my love and pity, yet I do not hate them for obvious reasons.

Anime-Destiny: Now for my last question. If you can work out on persuading someone that Yomi is a great character, what would you say to him/her?

Kaminakun: Frankly, it took 5 people to persuade me to realizing Yomi as a great character and all the points have been thoroughly presented in the court >< Seriously there is nothing else I can say :'|

Anime-Destiny: That will do then. Thank you, Mr. Kaminakun. Your honor, I will conclude this session for today.

Judge: Very well. Court is in recess until the next session begins. (Judge hits gavel) ^^
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 8, 2009 2:21 PM

Aug 2009
i lol'd thru the whole thing

that was enjoyable :P
Oct 28, 2010 5:15 PM

Mar 2009
Yeah, good and enjoyable read. Keep it up! =)
Aug 7, 2011 4:58 PM
Aug 2011
Very eloquent, dude :P.

Strangely, I wasn't expecting much from her, or ga-rei zero. I though "I'm gonna have a lot of mindless, bloody destruction, with monsters and stuff, and a hot, fan service-like chick to show off her panties ikkitousen style XD. But, to my surprise, I've found much more after I saw the 3rd chapter. I discovered a young woman full of energy and enthusiasm, a perfect onee-chan I would love to have, a killer warrior, fearless and cool but, above all, a great human being who captivated me, gave me joy and pain, showing how unreliable people around us often are, how we can become victims of forces we can't control... how we can be betrayed.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» An Analysis on Isayama Yomi

Dark-Evolution - Mar 26, 2009

9 by Aoishiro »»
Aug 7, 2011 4:45 PM

» Yomi AMV's

WingedWolf24 - Feb 27, 2010

15 by Shads »»
Oct 28, 2010 4:46 PM

» [CLOSED] Member cards!!! (Sami-sama) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

PigeonLegion - Jul 8, 2009

263 by alansova »»
Oct 9, 2010 3:05 PM

» [CLOSED]=- ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

arya-Hime - Jan 14, 2010

214 by shikigamijako »»
Oct 9, 2010 1:05 PM

» What we know about Isayama Yomi

Mobius_One - Jan 19, 2010

7 by Monad »»
Apr 3, 2010 7:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.