Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School Rumble
Available on Manga Store
New
May 24, 2009 3:16 AM

Feb 2009
Finished School Rumble Thrid term OVA a while ago and i just found the idea totally screwed up, and wondering where are there logics.. i just had no idea why he had to make 2 eps about the last part of the School rumble manga. I mean, how does the people who doesn't read the manga supposed to understand?? It's like just making the last 2 episode of an anime and not making the rest of the episodes. It's like ur child is asking you read him a bed time story , and you took out a book and read him the last 2 pages. Guess they have to plan it well before trying to do anything.
May 28, 2009 9:40 PM

Oct 2008
You have to keep in mind who the OVA's target demographic is. In Japan, they are not as used to computers (I was shocked at the computer illiteracy of such a developed country when I went there), and the rates of reading are much higher (especially manga).

OVA's are direct-to-video, meaning they have to be bought, not broadcast on TV. So if you have even a tiny bit of loyalty to a series, and there is TWO yearlong gap since the last season of the anime, you would of read the manga by then. Even I read the manga, one of the few I ever bothered to, cuz of the long time gap.

That said, what's MOST disappointing/depressing about this, is why they didn't offer some sort of nice alternative ending instead of just copying the appallingly stupid, contrived ending of the manga. What's the point in a love triangle that just becomes retarded (literally) with no one having their love requited.

After getting so upset by this, then I learned of School Rumble Z (which is ongoing), it's almost as if the Author doesn't trust his own ability enough to write a new story, so he won't give School Rumble a proper ending and is milking it for more. The ending of the original run was just so abusive to fans I think.

So basically this isn't really the end if you follow the manga. However due to the percecption of the anime being ended, there may be too much damage done to see a "school rumble z" anime anytime soon. Besides, so far it is completely devoid of any true plot development.

But, what can you expect from a newbie? School Rumble was his first serialization, the plot was never the lure, now was it? It was just the fascinating characters and the way they played off each other so well that even situations that would be considered boring fillers in other manga/animes could be quite enjoyable. I suggest maybe he stick to just that - characters, and stay away from plotlines.
May 29, 2009 6:03 AM

Feb 2009
kreuzian said:
You have to keep in mind who the OVA's target demographic is. In Japan, they are not as used to computers (I was shocked at the computer illiteracy of such a developed country when I went there), and the rates of reading are much higher (especially manga).

OVA's are direct-to-video, meaning they have to be bought, not broadcast on TV. So if you have even a tiny bit of loyalty to a series, and there is TWO yearlong gap since the last season of the anime, you would of read the manga by then. Even I read the manga, one of the few I ever bothered to, cuz of the long time gap.

That said, what's MOST disappointing/depressing about this, is why they didn't offer some sort of nice alternative ending instead of just copying the appallingly stupid, contrived ending of the manga. What's the point in a love triangle that just becomes retarded (literally) with no one having their love requited.

After getting so upset by this, then I learned of School Rumble Z (which is ongoing), it's almost as if the Author doesn't trust his own ability enough to write a new story, so he won't give School Rumble a proper ending and is milking it for more. The ending of the original run was just so abusive to fans I think.

So basically this isn't really the end if you follow the manga. However due to the percecption of the anime being ended, there may be too much damage done to see a "school rumble z" anime anytime soon. Besides, so far it is completely devoid of any true plot development.

But, what can you expect from a newbie? School Rumble was his first serialization, the plot was never the lure, now was it? It was just the fascinating characters and the way they played off each other so well that even situations that would be considered boring fillers in other manga/animes could be quite enjoyable. I suggest maybe he stick to just that - characters, and stay away from plotlines.

Well I'm sorry but School rumble Z has ENDED a WEEK AGO...
Jun 23, 2009 7:22 AM

Apr 2008
Eh? If you watch SR for the plot, you're doing it wrong.
Jul 16, 2010 5:28 AM

Jan 2008
I've never been so upset by a manga ending before.

More topics from this board

Poll: » School Rumble: San Gakki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SteveKeys - Sep 17, 2008

122 by Fatephile »»
Aug 5, 1:07 PM

Poll: » School Rumble: San Gakki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kiseki - Jul 24, 2008

82 by Fatephile »»
Aug 4, 7:03 AM

» So...should I even watch this?

Florete - Jul 16, 2010

11 by Fail_Man_X »»
Apr 18, 8:32 AM

» SR S3 Episode 1-24 Production

Puvi2Groovy - Jul 27, 2008

27 by Jacques_Monreal »»
Mar 4, 2023 8:47 AM

» Some questions regarding the series...

newgard - Jan 19, 2014

5 by Skittles »»
Apr 15, 2017 3:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.