Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 10, 2009 12:27 PM

Oct 2008
You can write down here your favourite parts of history where Poland and Hungary had connections! ^_^ How to write it:

Date:
Event:
Connection:
Why:

For example here's mine:

Date: 1965
Event: Hungarian Revolution
Connection: On 23rd October the university students organised a friendly demonstration for Poland at the Bem statue. The demonstration grew to a revolution and Poland was the only country which helped Hungary with blood, medicin and food.
Why: I read that Russia wanted to separate the two countries, wanted to destroy the friendship. And then what happened? 56 (EPIC FAIL Ivan... you can't erase the history). October 23 is one of my favourite memorial days, because its about hope, a desire for a free country. And while the West betrayaled Hungary Poland helped. Because of that 56 is one of my favourite events in the Polish-Hungarian friendship ^___^

So... I'm looking forward to your anwers ^^ (you can write the same event any times you want, because everyone have theire own opinions ^^)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 30, 2009 2:26 PM
Mar 2008
I researched a bit and here's my fav (beside Hungarian Revolution):

Date: not sure but somewhere in year 1939, August/September I think
Event: just before the start of the WWII (or maybe when it's started already; too lazy to check it now)
Connection: I read that even though Hungary was in alliance with Germany, they refused to take part in the attack on Poland directly and non-directly. Directly - they wouldn't help in the attack, non-directly - they wouldn't let German nor any of German allies' tanks and other weapons go through Hungary. If Hitler used force to make them change their mind they would use force against him too.
Why: I just d'aww-ed. It's so beautiful they helped their old friend a bit even though they could be attacked by such a strong country as Germany. I love Poland/Hungary friendship even more, it's bloody cute *____*
Jul 13, 2009 6:31 AM

Jul 2009
Date: 1848/49
Event: Hungarian Uprising
Connection: An initial movement aimed to regain Hungary's autonomy within the Austrian Empire turned into a national uprising to reclaim independence. Thousands of Polish volunteers went to offer their service in the Hungarian army, amongst them numerous officers and even several generals. Amongst them Jozef Bem who, as commander of the northern army, suceeded in liberating the province of Transylvania, an act which made him a national hero in Hungary to this day.
Though the war was ultimetly lost (after the intervention of the Russian army) the Polish "Legions" stayed and fought untill the very end.
Why: This episode, probably more than any other, contributed to the idea of Polish-Hungarian friendship. Besides the thought of a Hungarian Hussar and Polish Uhlan drinking captured Austrian shnaps together is just too cool ^^
Plus the fact that one of my ancestors actualy took part in the war.

niczegoJul 28, 2009 7:55 AM
Mar 22, 2010 11:12 AM
Mar 2010
Date: 1944

Event: Warsaw Uprising

Connection: Quote from Wiki: "The Hungarian army also refused to take part in the crushing of the Warsaw Uprising by the German Army. Hungarians who took part in the Warsaw Uprising on the German side often gave fighting Poles their supplies - weapons, food and other usable things." Also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Warsaw_Uprising_Hungarians.JPG
"The grave of Jozef Vonyik, a captain of the Hungarian honveds, and six of his men who fell fighting on the Polish side during the Warsaw Uprising of 1944."

Why: While I was doing some research on Warsaw Uprising I found this. It brought a tear to my eye. It's true that 7 soldiers couldn't change much during that fight. But giving your own life for your Ally's cause (eventhough we were not tied by any pact or treaty during that time) is something ... that can't be forgotten. It means a lot.
Pan_PietruszkaMar 23, 2010 2:41 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.