Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 17, 2009 8:46 PM

Aug 2007
Good day dear fans.

As a fellow fan and fansubber of the anime, I have (long ago actually) grouped a scanlation team to scanlate the Himawari manga. I personally have all 10 raw chapters (in great quality), with the 1st chapter translated as of recent. By making this topic, I want to promote and request for additonal help for the scanlation. The second season of the anime looks certain to be finished (subbed in English), but the manga won't which is unfortunate because it is vital to season 2 as it is an intermediary to the two anime seasons, paraphrased from wikipedia (I'm the one responsible for adding the manga to MAL).

Anyhow, I'm looking for and asking if anyone knows, people interested in helping out. All positions are open except main Editing position: Translators, Cleaners, Typesetters, SFX Editors, and Proofreaders. So if you think you can help out, please contact me. If you have experience, that's a bonus as I'd appreciate you more than an inexperienced fellow. I only ask for one requirement before you think about applying, which is to have seen the first season of the anime recently, if not recent watch again.

About the manga: There are 10 chapters. Each with an average of 24 pages, so a little more than ongoing manga's, but less than normal complete manga's of the same genre. Only the first chapter contains 2 omakes pages. There are no more other omakes, as far as I know from the raws I have. The Japanese by TAGRO is quite fancy, compared to Japanese from other manga. It contains an abundance of Kanji characters, but not exactly something a Chinese person would understand easily due to the katakana and hiragana. In addition to, I have 4 omake pages of the anime (season 1).

In summary, started scanlation of Himawari manga, looking for additional help you know including yourself, looking for extra translators whose strength is Kanji (should be able to read hiragana and katakana too) to speed up the translation as it looks like a chapter will be translated every 2 months, looking for SFX Editors, Cleaners, Proofreaders and Typesetters as well.

Team Leader & Manager of ray=out.
A non-profit independent Japanese and Chinese anime/manga translation and subtitle provider.
http://rayout.org/ - Browse through our site to get to know us better.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.