Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 12, 2013 7:25 PM

Jan 2011
This is kinda new in a sense, since this is coming from more of a trainer-type POV rather than a dieting POV.

Diets and training are two specific things, yet go hand in hand. How I see it is that diets are designed to drop pounds and sizes, while training something specifically is for dropping pounds while shaping some part of your body specifically.

Through diet and visits to the gym I dropped from 179 to 163. I got a short but stocky build (can't be tall, doesn't run in the family so we're like usually like refrigerators, just small ones) and because of that dieting and regular exercise I'm at my weight limit where regular activities with regular diets won't lower my weight as it did before. I'm pretty sure I stabilize around this weight at my age given my build.

But here's the thing: diets will get you weight loss but not a specific shape. Conversely, exercise doesn't mean much unless you have a diet that corresponds to what you want to build up or slim down.

There are so many foods out there that offer some things others can't and vice versa. I'm starting to do more of my dishes with avacado since they are more filling, contain mostly monounsaturated fat, and more potassium than a banana. I haven't touched McDonalds in over like half a year and trying out delis instead if I go on lunch.

That's left up to whoever, but I think it's a good plan to work on something specifically with food that corresponds well with it, but before that you need to work your way to it so the results are more noticable.

With weight in general I got a FitBit, and with that I can program how much to eat. After that though, you got to get more specific.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» About 10 years ago....

RamenSoup43 - Mar 2, 2021

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Mar 2, 2021 7:49 PM

» RAMENSOUP RECIPE POST: Pancit Bihon

RamenSoup43 - Nov 24, 2016

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Nov 24, 2016 4:44 AM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "Chopsticks Dos and Don'ts"

RamenSoup43 - Nov 21, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Nov 21, 2015 8:14 PM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "There's a party in my mouth and everyone's invited!"

RamenSoup43 - Apr 4, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Apr 4, 2015 7:04 AM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "Just showing off?"

RamenSoup43 - Apr 1, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Apr 1, 2015 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.