Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 13, 2013 5:24 AM

Feb 2011
So what exactly was his deal with the Cat God? It didn't even seem like his kid self lost the memories of Tsukasa after he give them to Tsukushi. Also how did he lose the memories of Tsukiko if that happened after he gave them away? Am I missing something about the deal he made here? cause this makes no sense to me.
Jul 14, 2013 3:21 PM

Nov 2011
Same wonder here. From what I understood he gave his memories of being with Tsukasa (Tsukiko's mother) the her daughter Tsukushi. And that's about it.
He never said "continue to give my memories forever whenever someone needs them".

So if he can't remember his past with Tsukiko (in the mask scene, which is after he gave memories 10y ago), then either:
1) He gave his memories again, for some reason not explained.
2) The translation (rori) is wrong in the sentence "Give my memories to someone who needs them" @12:11
3) Plothole?

Or am I getting something wrong?
Jul 14, 2013 3:46 PM
Jun 2013
"Dear Cat god I ask you to give all my memories to those who need them" - Horriblesubs.

His wish is still running, so if someone gets a memory, he forgets him... like with Emi. But because they have changed the past, he stayed with the girls. If his older self weren't there, the girls would be gone and his young self would have made his wish alone - with them not around, so he would forget them. Probably he would have made it much later. The steel-King said she remembers her mother longer than her grandparents said they were with her, because he stayed with her all the time and gave them his memories.

The only Problem here is that he and Tsukiko dont know about the changed past...
Jul 14, 2013 10:16 PM

Nov 2011
Thanks for the reply, but, even by CRs (horriblesubs) translation it doesn't make sense that it continues to happen whenever someone needs his memory.

"Dear Cat god I ask you to give all my memories to those who need them" or "Give my memories to someone who needs them"
It's a one time thing. "Do this. period"

Had he said "Dear Cat god I ask you to give all my memories to others whenever they need them" or something alone that line, then it would make sense.
"Whenever X do Y".

So, if the translation isn't wrong, it leaves us with 1 or 3 from my options above.
Or again, am I'm getting something wrong?
Jul 15, 2013 1:38 AM

Feb 2011
I think we're gonna need a LN reader to explain this to us.
Jul 15, 2013 4:18 AM

Dec 2012
Ok. So the way the wishes work is by giving it something and in return the wish is granted.

So in a sense, lets treat Yokodera's 'memories' as a tangible object that is handed over so it is 'memory', note that includes all tenses by treating it as an object or thing.

So basically he is incapable of containing memories as this ability has been traded with the cat god. They further elaborate on this in the last episode when Tsukiko states she does not want to go to Italy as she will become a 'memory' and thus forgotten by Yokodera.

This is the way I view it and makes sense in my mind.
Jul 16, 2013 10:50 PM

Nov 2011
So in a sense, lets treat Yokodera's 'memories' as a tangible object that is handed over so it is 'memory', note that includes all tenses by treating it as an object or thing.

So basically he is incapable of containing memories as this ability has been traded with the cat god.

Aaaah
So that's how it is... he traded his memories in the definition of "power to remember things" rather than the "collection or sum of everything retained in the mind".
Talk about nuances... I assumed that because the sentence referred only to himself, it meant only the latter by being in plural form.

Actually... it would have to be both, since he handed both what he remembered (his experiences with Tsukiko's mother) as well as the "power to remember". Alright.

Thanks very much HorrorLand, I think I get it now.
danannJul 16, 2013 10:55 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2013

183 by Narity_ »»
Jun 14, 12:14 PM

Poll: » Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nyoko-Kun - Apr 13, 2013

304 by Speccie »»
Apr 10, 3:23 PM

Poll: » Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2013

332 by PrawnGuard »»
Jan 20, 12:08 AM

Poll: » Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2013

134 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2013

151 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 26, 2023 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.