Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2008 12:50 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Some rubbish talked... Boring meeting scene and a western-like shooting competition... What an original chappie hahahaha... Well i guess the best is that the pervert girl is safe and back home hahahaha

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2014 8:43 AM

Jan 2013
Well this chapter was probably my fav chapter in all of Jiro's manga that I've read so far. Good development on the poor chap. And his supposed advice is going to screw Kano more and more.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Apr 5, 2017 2:18 PM

Dec 2015
I enjoyed the phantom arc a lot but in many different ways, it pales in comparison to this arc.

Aside from Kotomi (and little trumpet girl) being the only woman that hasn't been humilitated and scarred by sexual assault or fetishized and seeming like a lovable in-depth character; her relationship with Toshio, the different metaphores about dream and reality and Toshio's own arc about acquiring the willingness to live (and moving on, forgiving himself for his past mistakes) and therefore finding meaning in his life bundled together so perfectly-

Also Matsumoto sensei did more than well to convey everything artistically, especially the final confrontation between Kano and Toshio.
By that I refer not only to the whole atmosphere of the scene but also the different sequences and the way he zoomed off and used e.g. pagespreads to further make this already cinematic chapter seem as though it's a standalone movie we're watching on screen.

This manga seems to keep getting better and better!

And I'm certain that Toshio's final words are crucial to Kano's future development.
Mar 20, 2023 9:35 PM

Mar 2013
Beautiful chapter, atmosphere and story-wise. Toshio was the first character of the series I actually related to, in a way.
oh man...

More topics from this board

» is hotline miami based on this manga?

Neostorm-X - Oct 1, 2021

7 by INoLuv »»
Sep 8, 8:28 PM

Poll: » Freesia Chapter 1 Discussion

rebwaters - Dec 20, 2008

9 by Asam1 »»
Aug 15, 2:49 AM

Poll: » Freesia Chapter 73 Discussion

rebwaters - Mar 29, 2010

6 by Gabija222 »»
Feb 29, 12:02 PM

Poll: » Freesia Chapter 7 Discussion

Kino_no_Tabi - Apr 30, 2009

2 by bubba460z »»
Nov 27, 2023 10:44 PM

Poll: » Freesia Chapter 6 Discussion

Deliriant - Dec 26, 2013

1 by bubba460z »»
Nov 27, 2023 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.