Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 16, 2012 10:27 PM

Nov 2008
*Note: This is not a Stocking-bashing thread. She's okay and cute and stuff but Panty's a far superior character and these are my reasons:

1. Her character design. Blondes are beautiful (I have blonde hair too :'D). She's cute as a chibi but when she transforms, she's freaking gorgeous and lightyears ahead of Stocking's transformation, who in my opinion, really only looks cute in her normal chibi form.

2. Her expressions. I love that cocky smirk she always has on her face like "YEAH, I OWN YOU, BITCH!" Her dere-dere moments are really great too-even if you only see them in episode 12.

3. She gets the best lines and she's definitely funnier.

4. She has WAY better taste in men. BRIEF

5. Episode 13's speech. Just that.
THAT.
WAS.
SO.
AWESOME.

6. She's strong. She might be rude and immoral most of the time BUT SHE AIN'T NO WIMP OR COWARD. Even when you knock her down, she gets right back on her feet, ready to kick your ass again.

7. Last but not least; she feels more human. Gainax treated her like a person instead of the caricature treatment Stocking got. Panty has so much more personality, more originality, and more depth. Because she actually had problems. Real problems for not being accepted for who she was. And instead of conforming to everyone's ideals and taking their advice, she threw it back in their faces, saying "F*CK YOU, THIS IS ME AND I DO WHAT I WANT!" And this is my biggest reason: I prefer characters with depth.
ChiibiJun 16, 2012 10:38 PM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Jan 27, 2013 5:05 PM

Nov 2008
I don't know I just find Stocking not as funny or intresting. Panty and Stocking are both girls we want to be however Stocking is always eating, while Panty is not only banging men she is doing other things like driving or eating or making fun of Brief, etc. I never been a fan of goth chicks or two colored haired girls either and I always liked the blonde people in anime both male and female.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.