Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 28, 2008 7:43 AM

Mar 2008
The ending reminds me of Spice and Wolf... though I wish they would reveal who the driver of the hay cart was...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Sep 28, 2008 9:09 AM

Mar 2008
It was Lelouch, he has C.C.'s code and is now R.R., hence the title, Code Geass R2

Sep 28, 2008 10:10 AM

Mar 2008
not sure if he took CC.'s code... he might have taken his father's code

taken from anime-otaku blog

My take is that Lelouch is alive.

The most obvious reason would be CC calling to Lelouch in the closing scene of the episode. As we can assume CC to be still sane, she must be talking to someone, and that someone would most probably be the driver of the cart: Lelouch would have to be alive.

Second, however, and this is where the others have thought things through, Lelouch is alive because he got his dad’s code. He beckoned the World of C to lend him its powers, and he took Charles’s code before Charles passed on. The reason why Lelouch still has his Geass is because he didn’t take the Code from the same person who gave him his Geass: he took his Geass from CC, and he took his Code from Charles. Thus, he now possesses both immortality and a Geass. This is also a reason that the title is Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.

To further corroborate this, however, remember that when Nunnally held Lelouch’s hand he transferred his memories to her. CC also did it when Lelouch touched her accidentally back then, so it could be assumed that people with Codes are indeliberate telepaths. This leaves us with both immortals traversing the world for the rest of eternity.

It’s a great end, friends. :)

P.S. Ending line of CC translated by bibi: “Geass is the power of kings, it will isolate you… well, I guess thats a little wrong… eh, Lelouch”

P.P.S. Additional evidence, courtesy of `Nergal and 4chan:

1. Charles grabbed Lelouch with his right hand, which had the Geass sigil.
2. Lelouch needed the fully evolved Geass to transfer a code.
3. The code doesn’t appear to activate until someone dies. Hence, why C.C. was wounded when she first inherited her code. Same happened with Charles in the World of C.
4. When Lelouch touched Nunnally, Nunnally got a flash of his memories. This ONLY happens when a high potential Geass user touches someone with the fully evolved Geass.
5. The title of the series is “R2″, which is similar to how “C.C” is pronounced. So Lelouch would be “R.R.” which is Engrish (I presume) for L.L., Lelouch Lamprouge.
6. When C.C. is talking on the wagon, she says “the power of Geass brings loneliness…that’s not quite right is it, Lelouch?” and nods her head in the direction of the wagon driver.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2008 10:11 AM

Mar 2008
Either way, I think it was Lelouch driving the carriage in the end. A fitting end I think.

Sep 28, 2008 11:23 AM

Mar 2008
So did we ever find out C.C.'s real name?

Sep 28, 2008 1:52 PM

Mar 2008
nope... still a mystery...

and what did Orange-kun do to Anya at the end? --> another mystery ><
Sep 28, 2008 8:38 PM

Jul 2008
orange ungeassed anya from the emperors geass
... and then she went to farm oranges with orange
Sep 28, 2008 8:42 PM

Jul 2008
Also, since is the we love shirley club,
Lelouche x Shirley still wouldve been the best ending
Sep 29, 2008 9:39 AM

Mar 2008
lol complete agree with naoh... at least there's some mention of her ;)
Sep 29, 2008 7:49 PM

Mar 2008
Thank god it wasn't a Lelouch x Kallen ending, the Kallulu fans would of never shut up.

Sep 29, 2008 9:18 PM

Mar 2008
really? I quit the Kallen fanclub on ep 24 LOL so I don't care about them anymore
Oct 1, 2008 11:25 AM
Mar 2008
I've never really been a fan of Kallen.
The ending wasn't exactly what I expected, very bittersweet. Cried my eyes out so much watching it.
I don't think that it was actually Lelouch driving the cart at the end but who knows. It would be nice if they just leave it as a mystery for fans to talk about.
Oct 1, 2008 11:40 AM
Jul 2018
I'm pretty sure Lelouch is dead, but the ending is a little ambiguous.
Oct 2, 2008 7:43 PM

May 2008
naoh said:
Also, since is the we love shirley club,
Lelouche x Shirley still wouldve been the best ending

i kno huh?

Lelouch dying 4 me is unexpected>.< IT was SAD!!: (
but i believe hes still alive.
Oct 3, 2008 9:19 PM

Mar 2008
i bet there'll be OVA or movie of CG coming out and that should help clear things up
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» If Shirley had the chance to do what Rolo did to her to any of the other characters who do u wish it would be? (worded werid to try and hide spoilers*)

ItJustT - Apr 17, 2009

27 by Nischay12345 »»
Mar 16, 2022 2:19 AM

» How to Add Images/Links to Profile

Islaya - Jul 28, 2008

35 by Khenuu »»
Mar 8, 2021 3:49 AM

» Shirleys Pro's and Con's? (This is going to be heavy with spoilers obviously)

Sidoen - Aug 8, 2008

7 by blurbyglurb »»
May 23, 2019 4:57 PM

» What do you love about Shirley?

Leah - Sep 4, 2008

30 by VueViVi »»
Aug 14, 2015 10:44 AM

Sticky: Poll: » Which Shirley is most loveable? (Warning, contain spoilers)

KaminaKai - Aug 7, 2008

35 by bunny1ov3r »»
Feb 25, 2013 6:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.