Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 7, 2008 3:07 PM

Jan 2008
<WarMoose> Think about how stupid the average person is. Now realize that half of them are dumber than that.
<Chunda> Why half?

If you have thought that Chunda is not so clever, you might have been wrong. The thing is that average person is not calculated by numbers mathematically as the arithmetical mean. It is a definition expressed not in numbers (and believe me not by test score as well, though the results might be correlated). However, "half" defines a number of people.

Additionally, phrase "Now realize that half of them are dumber than that." is not very correct. (what WarMoose says not logical, actually). The thing is that "half of them" is used to describe half of the world population, or something like this. However, from the context, it is like referring to half of the average person.

Moreover, "average person" is a collective definition, I mean it describes not one person in particular but the whole group of people. In this case we can't even relate "half of the world population" to be more stupid, because, it might be that (depending on how you define average person) actually 98% of population are average persons.

All this said, it doesn't mean that Chunda or WarMoose or even C...AotS (for not being able to see it) should be banned from life. BTW how do you define "stupid people" whom you want to ban?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 9, 2008 12:18 AM

Nov 2007
GDL-URAHARA said:
BTW how do you define "stupid people" whom you want to ban?

Using you as a basis is fine with me. :)

Jan 19, 2009 4:00 PM

Aug 2006
I am the ultimate judge of who is to be considered a "stupid person." If you have a problem with that, I don't care.
#dontcare
Jan 19, 2009 4:23 PM

May 2007
Someone must be very stupid to care at all.
Jan 19, 2009 6:43 PM

Nov 2007
It's a given that when you say "Think about [the value of x]. Now realize that half are [lower then x]" and someone says "lol why half?" that they've said something stupid.

No need to get pedantic about the value of stupid, or how you can measure it.
Feb 4, 2009 9:04 AM

Jan 2008
Stupid is as stupid does. YEAH.

/improving thread
kiss kiss fall in love~
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.