New
Jan 23, 2012 8:31 PM

Jan 2011
"Dango, dango, dango, dango, dango, daikazoku...."

or if you'd prefer....

"DAN-GO DAN-DAN-GO DAN-GO *WOO WOO*
DAN-GO DAN-DAN-GO DAN-GO *WOO WOO*"

Wait, that's not right....

Anyway.... I haven't tried this yet, but it seems promising. Ever wonder what those colored balls on the skewers were? You know what I'm talking about if you ever watched Clannad, only they don't have eyes... or whatever.

I think I kinda want to try them out myself. This seems like an easy recipe to follow anyway.

Dango (from runnyrunny999)

Dough:

200g Joshinko(Rice flour) **If you end up getting the non-glutin flour, add in a tablespoon of corn or potato startch! That flour is very sticky and slimey after you steam if you don't add it!**
200ml hot water(170F or 60C)

Mix water and rice flour together and make a dough. You can use your hands or a spoon. Mix until you have a ball with a thick consistancy (malliable and flexible like cartilidge like your earlobe.)

Set up wicker steamer baskets over a pot of boiling water. Tear about one inch pieces off of the ball of dough into the wicker steamer baskets and steam for around 25 minutes. If you don't have one, a metal one should work. Just place each piece on parchment paper beforehand. The dough may stick to the metal and mess it up. Placing between two paper towels may work too.

Afterwards, combine each piece in a bowl. (may be hot, be careful. Place in a bowl of water if it's too hot to hold.) Fold and knead into a ball again with wet hands, then roll into a stick about 3/4 to 1 inch in diameter. Cut even pieces off and roll them into balls.

At this point, you can flavor or decorate your dango with whatever you'd like. Try sugar or chocolate, or the suggested sauce to dip it in. Again, this is optional and you can do it now or after you placed your dango on the skewers.

Using moist hands (if not flavored yet ) and moist wooden skewers, place each ball onto the skewers.

This is the flavoring offered in the recipe. Try it out if you want.

Mitarashi sauce:
100ml Water
2.5 tbsp soy sauce
70g sugar
1 tbsp corn starch

While the stove is still off, combine everything in a pot and mix well.

Cook over medium-low heat, mixing with a spatula or wooden spoon until thickened. Either dip dangos in them or drizzle over skewered dangos.

After you're done with everything, turn on an episode of Clannad and cry like a little girl that took a sidewalk scrape to the knee every time you hear the Dango song.

I'm gonna try this out Friday and post some pics afterwards. Let me know how yours turned out!
RamenSoup43Feb 5, 2012 7:52 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» About 10 years ago....

RamenSoup43 - Mar 2, 2021

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Mar 2, 2021 7:49 PM

» RAMENSOUP RECIPE POST: Pancit Bihon

RamenSoup43 - Nov 24, 2016

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Nov 24, 2016 4:44 AM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "Chopsticks Dos and Don'ts"

RamenSoup43 - Nov 21, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Nov 21, 2015 8:14 PM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "There's a party in my mouth and everyone's invited!"

RamenSoup43 - Apr 4, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Apr 4, 2015 7:04 AM

» KITCHEN KNOWLEDGE: "Just showing off?"

RamenSoup43 - Apr 1, 2015

0 by RamenSoup43 »»
Apr 1, 2015 11:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.