Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 16, 2011 5:24 AM

Nov 2010
I watched Animation and Natural, and I thought they were decent (but not stellar) slice of lifes. I'm more than half way done with Origination and I am leaning towards the same conclusion as the previous two.
However I want to give the series a second chance. I marathoned Natural and Animation, and then took a 5 month break before currently starting Origination.
I plan on rewatching this series from the beginning. What is the best way to partake in this series (i.e. How many episodes per day/week. At morning/night. Or all at once, etc.)

I don't normally give series a second chance, but after reading people's thoughts about the series, and how it's the most tranquil and idyllic experience they have seen animated, I feel like I am missing something in this series; that I am doing something wrong.

Can somebody who has thoroughly enjoyed this series help me rectify this?

This topic will be posted in Animation's Natural's and Origination's forums.
Oct 20, 2011 6:01 AM

Jan 2011
I think this is one of those series that you just shouldn't marathon. I enjoyed the first series less because I did go a faster pace than the second two. I then started watching Aria 1 episode a day, usually just before I went to bed, so I went to bed feeling calm and tranquil, and I think it worked. I'd take quite a few gap days too.

My laptop also died before I'd finished the final episode of the 3rd series, so after a month of no anime, having the finale to come back to was what kept me going, and boy was it worth it.

Generally, I'd recommend watching the show at the same slow pace as the anime itself, otherwise it'd probably appear to be a bit repetitive.
Oct 20, 2011 10:22 AM

Nov 2010
IMO, The biggest problems are :
1. You haven't finished the origination before rewatching. The ed is one of the final wrappings that raise the bar from epic to legend for me (since it delivers the final message), plus raise the overall impression of all the episodes before. (Yeah, personal legend for SoL genre, I don't have any other candidate for SoL which can even come close.)
2. Watched it in a wrong way (marathon). Same with Lanf, I'd suggest you to take 1-2 eps before sleep. It's like a healing magic. No need to overheal your character. Better to take ARIA as replenishment supplement after being "damaged" by daily works. It makes you become more positive and relaxed before a good sleep :p
3. It bring a constant positive direction for life, just with different theme for each episode,which may be boring if oveplayed in the same time. Again, no need to be over positive if you're already positive. Take 1-2 episodes to make your view of life better, then continue working. Repeat.

That's my best recipe to enjoy aria. I never finished an 13 episode anime in more than a week (Except of course the new-airing animes), but ARIA is supposed to be enjoyed like that

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aria the Natural Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jun 18, 2008

53 by Marietta »»
Sep 27, 3:51 AM

Poll: » Aria the Natural Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jun 7, 2008

63 by VampireLord1024 »»
Sep 16, 1:26 AM

Poll: » Aria the Natural Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 23, 2008

56 by eblf2013 »»
Jul 19, 5:28 PM

Poll: » Aria the Natural Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 25, 2008

62 by Cabbage_Cat »»
Jul 8, 2:53 AM

Poll: » Aria the Natural Episode 4 Discussion

aero - May 27, 2008

49 by nirererin »»
Jul 5, 1:59 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.