Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 19, 2011 12:45 AM

Dec 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Fucking genius. Now that he regenerates he doesn't need to give shit about getting his artery cut.

But I assume not eating an apple that day means you return to normal the next? Well if that was the case Maria didn't need to be cooked.

So I'm left wondering how he plans to stay normal. Maybe he'll travel by night only.
Sep 19, 2011 8:22 AM

May 2011
^ i agree. From the looks of it, Melia needed to eat that mutated apple everyday to live. So looks like he will be bound in that place since there is no other tree like that.
Sep 19, 2011 11:38 AM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
notsureifsrs said:

But I assume not eating an apple that day means you return to normal the next?

Possible, but so far they haven't talked much about how it works. Maybe it's affect are temporary like you said but Maria wouldn't have needed to off herself if that's the case. Maybe you need to eat it a certain amount of times for it to become permanent.

(Either way, that sh*t looked nasty) I wouldn't eat it.
KuroDubZeroSep 19, 2011 2:39 PM
Sep 19, 2011 11:27 PM
Mar 2010
What a major story development. Karas is sneaky indeed. I do not think taking part in the 'dark fruit' is in our hero's best interests.
Feb 27, 2013 11:33 PM

Apr 2009
He chose to become one with the dark like Melia, after eating that twisted fruit in his hands.

That is how he planned to regain his freedom. Now that he cannot die so easily, he is free from captivity. Brilliant.

Karas, aka "Raven" was the one who told him this vital piece of information. Ultimately, is this guy an ally or an enemy?
Mar 5, 2014 8:21 PM

Nov 2011
So that mutated apple is his power source? Makes sense since Melia was also consuming it earlier in the series.
Aug 11, 2014 11:24 AM
Apr 2014
I'm still left wondering how they ever killed the king without someone like Melia (her existence and those like her was only possible after the tree grown on his body bore fruit). And severing your own artery looks hella painful. My neck is hurting...

Anyway, Crow (Karasu) said it, didn't he? "Those who have become part of the dark cannot return", or something. He's confined to that hellhole. Burying the princess reminds me of "A Fairytale For The Demon Lord" a bit, only he didn't (truly) become a demon lord.
"Though mountains crack, and ice will thaw

Though walls will fall, to tooth and claw

Though stars will fade, and shadow spread

On the heights we stood, with iron red.

And as they died, they killed the dead.
Jan 10, 2016 12:07 PM

Aug 2011
That was really smart move to get rid of collar.
Karas isn't normal either, only difference is that he operates in day while Melia in night, so maybe he survived that raid.
Apr 22, 2016 7:32 PM

Mar 2012
Damn MC had a pretty good plan since the only thing stopping him from escaping was the artery cutter.
May 18, 1:15 AM

Jun 2020
I actually liked this turn of events

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sugar Dark: Umerareta Yami to Shoujo Chapter 19 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Dec 13, 2011

23 by Dumb »»
May 18, 1:23 AM

Poll: » Sugar Dark: Umerareta Yami to Shoujo Chapter 14 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Sep 17, 2011

13 by Dumb »»
May 18, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Sugar Dark: Umerareta Yami to Shoujo Chapter 13 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Sep 15, 2011

11 by Dumb »»
May 18, 1:09 AM

Poll: » Sugar Dark: Umerareta Yami to Shoujo Chapter 11 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Sep 9, 2011

7 by Dumb »»
May 18, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Sugar Dark: Umerareta Yami to Shoujo Chapter 10 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Sep 4, 2011

8 by Dumb »»
May 18, 12:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.