Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 28, 2011 7:58 PM

Feb 2011
In some people's case, a long awaited return from the classic white rappers upgraded from OE & rice-a-roni.

Production:
It seems that ever since 2000, the Beastie Boys have been tending to become their own independent producers, the Hot Sauce Committee Part 2 album no exception. Though the one thing that differs the entire album from earlier works, is the involvement of actual instruments, making the album slide more into the rap-rock genre. Along with this comes the common modern involvement of techno-influenced synths & vocal distortion. Don't let this make you think though that you're in for a type of elder Hollywood Undead & Daft Punk experience though as each beat delivers it's own ass-kicking repertoire, along with some added bass and Beastie Boy branded loopiness in tracks such as Tadlock's Glasses, Funky Donkey, and Here's A Little Something For Ya. All in all the track list production could be summarized as a running train with no signs of stopping except when taking a short instrumental break in Multilateral Nuclear Disarmament.
5/5

Lyrics:
Sucks ass the only version I could acquire this early was clean, but it'll suffice. As said before each song can be heard with vocal distortion but the Beastie Boys have nowhere near sold out nor gotten too old to make you get your body movin'. Make Some Noise's intro can be probably seen synonymous with Slick Rick & Doug E. Fresh's "The Show". The track itself is self-explanatory as the Beastie Boys send lyrics with intentions to make you get up & make some noise. "Too Many Rappers (New Reactionaries Version)" starts off with Nas kicking ass and handing the mic over to Ad-Rock. This song also self-titles itself as each legend takes its turn to explain that in today's age there remains too many rappers and not enough MCs, a notable rhyme preferably being,
"I'm broader than Broadway, I was in project hallways
Dual tape recorder, lacin' oratorials all day
I'm just getting started on this beat, this is foreplay
And when this song finished, y'all can sing along with this."
From my listening (which is not good when the lyrics are distorted) the album can be generalize into random topics: NYC, rhyming, fake rappers, casual attire, rockin' the house, karate kicks, Lee Major, Tadlock's glasses, etc.
3.5/5

Summary:
Unique production by the Beasties (if you don't mind guitars & drums), the guest Nas brings something to the table, though the Beasties have matured they're still spitting about things your average hustler wouldn't. Personally I would take this album more as a party-starter & something to vibe to if you don't mind rock.
4/5
CounterpartApr 28, 2011 8:26 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 28, 2011 10:38 PM
Nov 2010
I haven't listened to it myself but I will probably wait for an explicit version because I hate listening to clean versions of albums. Once I do I will make sure to post my thoughts. I must say Eyeless this is a great review I hope you will do more in the future.
May 17, 2011 11:07 AM
Jul 2010
BinaryStar said:
I haven't listened to it myself but I will probably wait for an explicit version because "I hate listening to clean versions of albums" . Once I do I will make sure to post my thoughts. I must say Eyeless this is a great review I hope you will do more in the future.

Good job Eyeless very good review.

I am going to wait to listen to the explicit version before I will comment on the new album.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» General Discussion

BinaryStar - Feb 3, 2015

0 by BinaryStar »»
Feb 3, 2015 4:38 PM

» Fav. Producers?

chocolaetmaelk - Nov 19, 2012

5 by sebainter »»
Apr 6, 2013 7:38 AM

» Who's your favorite rapper?

FiendishJZA - Aug 25, 2012

7 by sebainter »»
Apr 6, 2013 7:27 AM

» GeminiEye's video thread

GeminiEye - Jan 13, 2013

4 by GeminiEye »»
Feb 28, 2013 1:59 AM

» The 2012 List

Counterpart - Oct 26, 2012

7 by FiendishJZA »»
Dec 14, 2012 11:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.