Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2010 8:41 AM

Sep 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice and simple
A lovely watch :D!
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Feb 25, 2011 11:17 AM

Jun 2009
A bit boring, the storyline is pretty linear and simple. Not bad, at least.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
May 26, 2013 8:06 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I didn't understand very much (only saw a 'raw' version), but I kinda got the gist of it. Seemed cute.
Jul 13, 2014 7:38 PM

Oct 2013
yeah sucks I could only find a raw
she was a cute little Tsundere!
[/quote]
Nov 12, 2015 7:36 PM

Jun 2014
Would be much better if it showed the brother's reaction waching the blooming cherry tree. A proper goodbye scene wouldn't hurt either. This would make this much mor emotional.

[3/5], beign a bit generous

For those who can't understand japanese:

The girl on the tree gets irritated at the bird, for its rudeness.

The girl, Hana (flower), tells her brother she just saw a girl on the cherry tree. Her brother explains it might be the Sakura Princess Yoshino. Apparently, the girl's grandmother have seen her as well.

Hana tells her brother to go home first, and goes back to the tree. She prays to Yoshino for that the tree flourish until the next day, when her brother departs to war, where there's no cherry trees.

Yoshino complains about the always present human's war and bloodshed. That not only this year, but the girl's brother would never see a sakura flourish again.

She then gets down from the tree, and wake the tree's god. She commands him to flourish until the next morning. He hesitates, saying that he would then have to face the wrath of ??? (not sure who, probably her father), for flourishing outside of the determinated period. Yoshino replies that it's all right, since she is the one asking. He was still not convinced.

In the next dialogue, he asks if she can really guarantee that the ??? the same from above) will not be angry. She then replies that the ??? is not to be feared, as she said before. The fearsome one is actually her mother.

I could sub it, but probably won't.
Phanyx7Nov 12, 2015 7:40 PM
Jul 3, 2017 5:02 PM
Oct 29, 2019 6:08 PM

Oct 2015
Or just try this one.

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.