Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 6, 2010 2:34 PM

Dec 2009
Welcome to Underappeciated Anime Characters, the club whose entire reason for existing fits into just three words. For the sake of posterity, I'll post a couple of general guidelines for club etiquette and relations submissions here - read them well.

CLUB GUIDELINES

We only have one real rule around here: Don't be a douche. If you don't know what is and is not being a douche, then odds are you're probably a douche. No plagiarism, no flaming, no trolling... things I just plain shouldn't have to tell you. If you make the conscious choice to make other club member's lives worse, you will immediately be perma-banned from the club. We hold a zero-tolerance policy for general douchebaggery, so keep that in mind if a discussion starts to get out of hand.

RELATIONS GUIDELINES

First and foremost, let me say this: This club is by no means an end-all list of all objectively underappreciated characters on MyAnimeList. This is because there is no such thing as objectively underappreciated characters. It's all subjective - a matter of individual opinion. And in this case, the admins' opinions. It seems a little harsh, but sadly, that's the only method we can use. We can't let every Tom, Dick and Harry into the club relations list, I'm afraid.

However, know that we don't do this without reason. Our goal in this club is to make genuinely creative, intuitive, unique, or just plain awesome characters with an undeservably small or absent fanbase known and, hopefully, get them a few more fans so that they can be less underappreciated. With that in mind, I've come up with a few guidelines for relations suggestions. Please read them over before you recommend any characters be added to the relations list.

1) Absolutely no characters with 100 fans or more. This should be self-explanitory.
2) The fewer fans the character has, the more likely they are to be added. However, that shouldn't discourage you from recommending characters with 50+ fans - everyone has a shot at the list, so don't be afraid to speak your mind.
3) Think of some objective qualities that make the character appealing. We're not going to add a character just because you identify with them as an individual. Think: Is this character unique? Can I think of any other anime characters similar or identical to him/her? Could someone else?
4) Take a look at the character's MAL profile. If the profile isn't very descriptive or thorough, the admins won't have enough information to make an accurate judgement, and we'll just discard the request. You can either come up with a new profile and submit it to the MAL moderators, or you can write your own synopsis or description and just include it in the character discussion.
5) When you're ready to suggest a character, just start a forum topic about him or her. We like to keep the Club Comments clear for discussion, so avoid posting suggestions there.
6) If you want to, you can make your suggestion a poll asking if the character should be added as a relation to get member feedback - every "yes" vote helps your chances a little.
7) Member posts in agreement with the suggestion are also a bonus. However, the use of alts (alternate accounts) to agree with yourself is strictly prohibited, and anyone proven to be doing so will be perma-banned.
8) Most of all, try not to be too tense. We're not gods or executioners - just guys trying to maintain a list, that's all. You're not going to lose any points for speaking casually or not saluting us when we enter a thread. In fact, even we admins have to post in the forums and get feedback before we add character relations to the list.
9) On a final note, you will definitely lose points for just not putting any effort into your post. whn u tlk liek ths 2 othr membrs of teh brdz all th tim, it's extremely disrespectful. It's basically telling them, "You guys aren't worth the effort of typing legibly." Which takes little to no effort at all. So yeah. Again, don't be a douche.
10) If you think a character that's already on the relations list doesn't belong there, feel free to start a new thread moving that the character be removed from the list. All of the above guidelines still apply to making a request, though, so state your case well.

Thanks for hearing me out, and I hope you enjoy the club.
XTApocalypseNov 11, 2010 3:20 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rin from Togainu no Chi

Winged_Phantom - Nov 7, 2010

3 by Winged_Phantom »»
Nov 17, 2010 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.