Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 4, 2010 8:47 PM

Oct 2009
Greeting fellow club members. While looking in the club I noticed a fierce rivalry between Metapod and Kakuna, it make me think "Which of them is really the best?".And since Mythbusters wasn't avalable I decided to research this hot topic myself to be able to show the world which of these two pokemon are the king of the cocoons.

First off, the type matchup.

Back in the early stone ages circa 1999 the bug type was weak to poison, giving Kakuna the advantage with it's poison sting attack. But in the modern world of today, the type matchup between them is even. Though it should be noted that Kakuna's Bug/Posion type makes it vunerable to the ever-present psychic type.

Now, The base stats.

Metapods numbers are as follows.

HP: 50
Attack: 20
Defence: 55
Sp.Attack:25
Sp.Defence:25
Speed:30
Total:205

Against Kakuna's

HP: 45
Attack:25
Defence:50
Sp.Attack:25
Sp.Defence:25
Speed:35
Total: 205

So, as you can see. Metapod has more HP and defence while Kakuna has more attack and interestingly enough, speed. One could come to a conclution that they would cancel eachothers out... But, that is probably not the case as you will soon see when we take alot at...

The movesets.

Now, the both have string shot and harden. However, it's their in offencive attacks that they are very diffrent.

Metapod has tackle, which is a normal type attack with 35 PP, a power rating of 35 and a accuracy of 95. ( Though in gen 5 it is going to be upped to a power rating of 50 and a 100 in accuracy )

Kakuna goes into battle with poison sting, a poison type attack with a PP of 35 and a lowly power rating of 15 and a sure accuracy rating of 100. Additionally it has a 30% chance of poisoning, something that could turn the tide of battle in its favor.

However. If no poisoning takes place. The low power rating of poison sting simply doesn't take atvantage of Kakuna's attack stat. And thus is only left with the speed stat against Metapod's superior defence and HP. Tackle's power rating compensates for Metapod's lower attack stat.

Poisoning is a matter of luck. But stats are set in stone, and the numbers favor Metapod. I therefore conclude that Metapod is the hardest of the hard and is the cocoon champion. Feel free to discuss this.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 5, 2010 8:20 AM

Feb 2005
Also, if we're talking TRVE cocoons here, with no silly attacks and only Harden and String Shot, Metapod still wins out, as it have a higher defense and HP. Kakuna's speed and attack is pointless when all it's gonna do is using harden.
Nov 5, 2010 11:14 AM

Oct 2009
Baman said:
Also, if we're talking TRVE cocoons here, with no silly attacks and only Harden and String Shot, Metapod still wins out, as it have a higher defense and HP. Kakuna's speed and attack is pointless when all it's gonna do is using harden.
Not strickly true since speed will give Kakuna the first harden. But Metapod still has the hardest defence.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Why kakuna sucks

JusticeGundam - Oct 19, 2008

13 by Hitchens »»
Sep 19, 2010 6:47 PM

Poll: » Member cards ( 1 2 )

BigBagODicks - Nov 6, 2009

56 by dgirl1997 »»
Aug 5, 2010 1:05 PM

» Metapod needs a character profile

770312 - Nov 6, 2008

15 by lilycon »»
May 19, 2010 7:29 PM

» Anyone interested in being an admin?

JusticeGundam - Feb 6, 2009

7 by JusticeGundam »»
Nov 8, 2009 11:39 PM

» Metapod is a good male sex organ.

Jubbz - Dec 21, 2008

7 by BigBagODicks »»
Nov 7, 2009 9:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.