Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Eminence in Shadow (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 19, 5:16 AM

Dec 2015
In the first few eps, Cid thinks that the seven shadows are just playing along with him. He believes that he's just fighting some bandits, and even doesn't realize that he is actually running an organization and technically owns the Shopping mall.

Is it still the case by the end of the first season? or did he realize that the narrative he fabricated about the cult was actually true and that the Shadow Garden is an actual thing? I'm asking because it wasn't outright stated.
meteor40005 hours ago
Oct 19, 5:31 AM
Nov 2022
meteor4000 said:
In the first few eps, Cido thinks that the seven shadows are just playing along with him. He believes that he's just fighting some bandits, and even doesn't realize that he is actually running an organization and technically owns the Shopping mall.

Is it still the case by the end of the first season? or did he realize that the narrative he fabricated about the cult was actually true and that the Shadow Garden is an actual thing? I'm asking because it wasn't outright stated.

He doesn’t believe that it is real and that it is all fabricated even at the end of Season 2, and will likely remain that way for the entire series
Oct 19, 5:54 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to Kaze1214
meteor4000 said:
In the first few eps, Cido thinks that the seven shadows are just playing along with him. He believes that he's just fighting some bandits, and even doesn't realize that he is actually running an organization and technically owns the Shopping mall.

He doesn’t believe that it is real and that it is all fabricated even at the end of Season 2, and will likely remain that way for the entire series
@Kaze1214 I see. I'm interested If any LN readers can tell us if that's still the case in the latest volumes.
Oct 19, 7:40 AM

Oct 2015
As of volume 6, still the same~
Oct 19, 8:29 AM
Apr 2022
meteor4000 said:
@Kaze1214 I see. I'm interested If any LN readers can tell us if that's still the case in the latest volumes.

Well that's his whole thing "just goofing around not knowing how his role playing may affect the world at large.

And the plot got his back. So no need to worry any mistake he makes will be auto corrected to fit his idea of a cool eminence in shadow.
Oct 19, 8:43 AM
Jul 2020
I think it'll be a gag for the rest of the series.

It's like One Punch Man where Saitama's "strongest" is somewhat a gag which will stay true till eternity. It's just that he actually gets stronger when facing a stronger enemy.
Oct 19, 9:27 AM
Nov 2018
SATAN19 said:

It's like One Punch Man where Saitama's "strongest" is somewhat a gag which will stay true till eternity. It's just that he actually gets stronger when facing a stronger enemy.

Well, in One Punch Man, they move away from him and focus more on the other characters. Making Saitama feel more of a side character, at least in season 2.
Oct 19, 9:32 AM
Nov 2018
I do think Cid is oblivious at the same time it's ironic. What he had been training for before he died, he could never achieve, so it felt real to him. When he was reincarnated and what he always wanted was right in front of him, he is too powerful, so it felt fake.

He doesn't own the shopping mall. He figures since they quit "playing" pretend with him they are living out there lives on their own. They just come every great once in a while to indulge in his fantasies, and that's it.
MoppitOct 19, 4:14 PM
Oct 19, 11:02 AM
Jul 2020
Moppit said:
SATAN19 said:

Well, in One Punch Man, they move away from him and focus more on the other characters. Making Saitama feel more of a side character, at least in season 2.

Yeah definitely! Not saying One Punch Man is not good or anything. It's actually one of the best in its category.

Also, the same treatment is not really needed in this anime though. They do the gag really well and it's not just random bullshit. There's always some logical way in which Cid happens to misunderstand the situation (or in some cases, correctly understands and saves the girls' asses)
Oct 20, 5:31 PM
Dec 2022
meteor4000 said:

Yes he is as it is the comedy base of the show. And in the game he thinks that all the time.

I am writing a fanfic in which a new threat to Shadow Garden (basically the opposing force of Shadow). Reveals the identity of Shadow to the world and in the process makes Cid realise the truth of everything.

At this moment in my story he just found out and is on a very state of depression. But both Alpha and Claire are going to bring him out of it. And afterwards we will see a much more mature and focused Shadow. Now using his powers for a good purpose instead of just "to play".

The fanfic has 18 chapters so far and I've been writing it since almost 1 year.
Yesterday, 4:09 PM
Oct 2020
Im all caught up and haven’t the character Cido yet, is this a character from the later on in the novels? Or did I miss something
5 hours ago

Dec 2015
Reply to ProdMARROW
Im all caught up and haven’t the character Cido yet, is this a character from the later on in the novels? Or did I miss something
@ProdMARROW spelling mistake. Corrected.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2022

740 by greed2 »»
Yesterday, 7:45 AM

» About Alexia's rejection scene in episode 5

Jatin587 - Oct 16

31 by Sayan_Pal »»
Oct 17, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2023

773 by Sayan_Pal »»
Oct 12, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 8, 2023

261 by ShadowkillZ »»
Oct 9, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute! Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2023

124 by ShadowkillZ »»
Oct 9, 3:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.