Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 10, 3:26 PM
Mar 2023
Wanted to start a fun discussion. A running gag in the manga is characters shocked by the fact Seiko is Momo’s grandmother despite her youthful looks. Do you guys think Seiko is actually an old granny with fantastic genes or that she might actually be younger than what we’d normally expect a grandparent character to be? Let’s assume she was 18 when she had Momo’s parent and Momo’s parent was 18 when Momo was born. She’d be 36 when Momo was an infant. Assuming Momo is 15-16 that makes Seiko 51-52 years old. That’d explain why she technically does’t look like an old woman. What do you all think? Is Seiko a 70yr old with fantastic genes or is she really just on the younger side of being a granny?
Sep 10, 3:27 PM

Jan 2009
my guess is her eternal youth is cause by a curse
Sep 10, 3:37 PM
Jan 2024
CrimsonPunk01 said:
Wanted to start a fun discussion. A running gag in the manga is characters shocked by the fact Seiko is Momo’s grandmother despite her youthful looks. Do you guys think Seiko is actually an old granny with fantastic genes or that she might actually be younger than what we’d normally expect a grandparent character to be? Let’s assume she was 18 when she had Momo’s parent and Momo’s parent was 18 when Momo was born. She’d be 36 when Momo was an infant. Assuming Momo is 15-16 that makes Seiko 51-52 years old. That’d explain why she technically does’t look like an old woman. What do you all think? Is Seiko a 70yr old with fantastic genes or is she really just on the younger side of being a granny?

Honestly, I think she’s just a young grandma!
Sep 10, 5:07 PM
Mar 2023
deg said:
my guess is her eternal youth is cause by a curse

That’d be an interesting side story if that’s the case. A Seiko back story would be pretty sick.
Sep 10, 5:08 PM
Mar 2023
DandaDanotaz said:
CrimsonPunk01 said:

Honestly, I think she’s just a young grandma!

That’s what I’m thinking.
Sep 10, 6:51 PM

Jan 2021
I doubt it will be that way.

Anime and manga are known for characters who don't look their age for no logical reason. This gag existed long before Dandadan did.

I also don't see any reason why the author would write such an explanation. I don't remember anything that hinted the Ayase family mothers had children at such a young age, twice in a row even.

Assuming the reason for Seiko would be such a 'realistic' reason, I would want it to be somehow central to her character, and not just because.

For example, the Ayase family have to birth children at a young age, or else something bad happens due to X curse.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Sep 10, 7:26 PM
Dec 2020
well she is a spirit medium therefore she could most likely make herself looks younger like tsunade did to her face
Sep 11, 1:43 AM
Apr 2022
My guess is she's just hot
Sep 11, 9:22 AM
Feb 2019
While I agree with the guy that says that it's probably just a gag with no real backstory other than "she's hot" I'd like for it to be something else, like she's not actually her grandma or something. Or that she has a curse or Yokai powers, like someone mentioned.
Sep 13, 1:23 AM
Mar 2021
I’m up to date with the manga and I don’t recall it ever stating they are blood related. I’m not saying this is the answer to this query and I could have missed this in the manga, but I don’t recall it. Guess we have to wait for the full back story.
Sep 15, 3:36 PM
Oct 2023
I have a guess, it could potentially (?) be a good explanation.

Seiko has the ability to borrow powers from the regional gods in which she operates through prayer and worship. I don’t remember if they ever stated what the God’s power is in her main region (Kamikoshi City, Ayase residence) is however it could potentially be longevity? Or similar to that of the fountain of youth?

My very far-fetched guess is that due to the many years of utilizing the power of the God residing over Kamikoshi, she has gained the visual aspects of permanent youthfulness or vitality, hence why she can leave town and still look young. It’s very random and I’m not sure why I thought of it, but yeah.
Sep 15, 3:40 PM
Oct 2023
RichRinJin said:
I’m up to date with the manga and I don’t recall it ever stating they are blood related. I’m not saying this is the answer to this query and I could have missed this in the manga, but I don’t recall it. Guess we have to wait for the full back story.

I don’t think it was ever outright confirmed nor denied that they’re blood relatives. They’ve given us more proof that they are than proof that they aren’t, I don’t really recall seeing anything that would raise speculation about them not being blood relatives. Might just be a case of thinking too hard about it. They’re drawn very similarly in terms of features as well, so I’d say all (available) lines point to them being true familial relatives!
Oct 11, 5:10 AM
Sep 2016
Reply to Irshiki
My guess is she's just hot
@Irshiki you not wrong, shes definitely the GILF of manga/anime, after turbo granny of course

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dandadan Chapter 165 Discussion

MegamiRem - Sep 9

26 by animaniac102 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Dandadan Chapter 170 Discussion

MegamiRem - Oct 14

24 by TlordGaming »»
Yesterday, 7:17 PM

Poll: » Dandadan Chapter 159 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jul 1

33 by animaniac102 »»
Yesterday, 3:31 PM

Poll: » Dandadan Chapter 156 Discussion

MegamiRem - Jun 10

12 by animaniac102 »»
Yesterday, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Dandadan Chapter 155 Discussion

jas-samaaa - Jun 3

15 by animaniac102 »»
Yesterday, 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.