Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Executioner and Her Way of Life
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 31, 11:29 AM
Aug 2022
I just watched the entire series and while I am aware that not many yuri anime series get 2nd seasons this show is definately deserving of one.

The dynamic between Akari and Menou is honestly so beautiful in my opinion and I would love to see it explored further.#

What do you guys/ people think? :)
Aug 31, 12:56 PM
Sep 2022
"Deserves" is a strong word.

Would this show benefit from more runtime? Yeah, probably. It has interesting concepts and kind of failed to make Menou any level of engaging as a protagonist in the time that it had. Akari is definitely a more compelling character and a great deuteragonist, and even Momo I would say is more interesting than Menou, she's just unfortunately tied herself down that husk of a person.

I do not think the show earned a second season, however. It just doesn't give a reason to ask for more nor does the quality of the first season bring much promise for an improvement in a second season. Had it released with 2 cours and gotten that runtime to actually make a dry protagonist like Menou work, maybe.

Besides, this show isn't really a Girl's Love narrative. There's no romance or anything like that, it truly is just the dynamic of Menou dragging her "friend" along on a trip as a facade to her real goal. "Akari" is entirely unaware but the Akari within is fully aware of the situation and wants to help Menou be the one to take her life. It's this distinction between two minds of Akari that makes her an interesting character.

Now, if you want an actual Girl's Love show that does deserve a continuation, I would turn your attention to Magical Revolution (the full name is long AF but this enough to find it). That piece of media is genuinely really good and deserving of a continuation, however I believe the LN has 8 volumes out as of 2024.
Aug 31, 1:01 PM
Jul 2024
I like the main heroine a lot, but the human girl was completely loud and obnoxious and made this a hard watch for me.
Aug 31, 1:16 PM
Aug 2024
MarekPPP said:
I just watched the entire series and while I am aware that not many yuri anime series get 2nd seasons this show is definately deserving of one.

The dynamic between Akari and Menou is honestly so beautiful in my opinion and I would love to see it explored further.#

In the start: a another repetitious isekai
In the Middle: it's getting interesting
In the end: WHAT THE HHHHEEEELLLL...
So yes I agree that it needs a sequel
Aug 31, 1:42 PM
Aug 2022
Reply to YamiLoon
MarekPPP said:

In the start: a another repetitious isekai
In the Middle: it's getting interesting
In the end: WHAT THE HHHHEEEELLLL...
So yes I agree that it needs a sequel
@YamiLoon Glad to see someone who agrees with me!
Aug 31, 1:44 PM
Aug 2022
Reply to Xeconis
"Deserves" is a strong word.

Would this show benefit from more runtime? Yeah, probably. It has interesting concepts and kind of failed to make Menou any level of engaging as a protagonist in the time that it had. Akari is definitely a more compelling character and a great deuteragonist, and even Momo I would say is more interesting than Menou, she's just unfortunately tied herself down that husk of a person.

I do not think the show earned a second season, however. It just doesn't give a reason to ask for more nor does the quality of the first season bring much promise for an improvement in a second season. Had it released with 2 cours and gotten that runtime to actually make a dry protagonist like Menou work, maybe.

Besides, this show isn't really a Girl's Love narrative. There's no romance or anything like that, it truly is just the dynamic of Menou dragging her "friend" along on a trip as a facade to her real goal. "Akari" is entirely unaware but the Akari within is fully aware of the situation and wants to help Menou be the one to take her life. It's this distinction between two minds of Akari that makes her an interesting character.

Now, if you want an actual Girl's Love show that does deserve a continuation, I would turn your attention to Magical Revolution (the full name is long AF but this enough to find it). That piece of media is genuinely really good and deserving of a continuation, however I believe the LN has 8 volumes out as of 2024.
@Xeconis These are some fair enough points. But I still believe that the show will benefit from having more runtime anyway especially in the form of a season 2!

Also, I may be planning to check out Magical Revolution now that you have reminded me. Thank you for that. :)
Aug 31, 7:01 PM
May 2018
I agree, definitely deserves.
Aug 31, 7:21 PM

Jul 2021
I forgot much of what happened but I remember it was rather good so I'd be happy with another season
Sep 1, 12:16 PM
Apr 2023
yeah, if I was rich, I would pay the production costs to get this show a second season. I loved this show
Sep 1, 8:48 PM
Apr 2022
I like the premise, but it feels so confusing on all levels. I sometimes can’t tell if it’s try to be dark or dramatic or symbolic. I don’t think it deserves a second season, but that’s not because I dislike the story. It’s just better as a LN.
Oct 6, 5:51 AM
Jun 2020
Ikr, at first i watch some part of first eps of this anime and immediately dropped it, but not by the reason you might think, it's because i feel it's a typical Isekai but with annoying naive male MC, which is i hate the most, but couple of year later, i've seen a dabate regarding this anime in social media, and get to know that boy wasn't MC, i immediately pick it up again and i doesnt regret it, im hooked and i watch till the end, i like the story and lore goes on so much, it's intriguing, especially things regarding 4 human error and faust power source, characters also likeable, i like Menou the most, she is such a nice heroine(fmc), battle scene and the concept is good enough and engaging, also very nice artstyle. This show deserve second season, i really like this show and hope to be able to see the continuation of this story...(but sadly, looking by how things goes, chance of S2 is low, this show is really underrated)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2022

330 by LycorAxis »»
Sep 23, 9:34 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2022

132 by MarekPPP »»
Aug 31, 1:40 PM

» This Anime doesn't deserve to get a new season!!

Rezelix112 - Jul 20

15 by MarekPPP »»
Aug 31, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2022

136 by AW_Flister »»
Aug 9, 6:15 PM

Poll: » Shokei Shoujo no Virgin Road Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2022

108 by Muow »»
Jun 5, 6:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.