Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 18, 6:23 AM
Jul 2021
I'm almost done with the first season and I've been into anime for quite a long time that I'm aware of the mess this second season is but, why exactly is this a mess??

I'm an anime-only so should I watch this or just read the manga?? Is it really that bad from an anime-only perspective? I heard they skipped several arcs but are those arcs worth reading? I don't have any problem with reading the manga but I still prefer anime that's why I'm kinda confused.
Aug 18, 6:33 AM

Apr 2024
Don't watch it and read the manga. Cloverworks fucked up badly and rushed till the end of the story skipping a lot of important content/scenes. Pacing is atrocious. This is the worst sequel ever created.
Aug 18, 6:45 AM
Jun 2023
15 volumes were adapted in 12 episodes, it was rushed. But the manga is a true masterpiece. The longest(v7 to 13) and best arc of the manga (named Goldy Pond) is not even adapted, just skipped. In the anime, the story is made different to be understandable. But I think the season 2 might be quite enjoyable if you dont know the manga(that is a 10/10). Also the world building in the manga is really good whereas it doesnt really exist in the anime.
kookool17Aug 18, 6:58 AM
Aug 18, 6:55 AM
Oct 2020
yutaGAWKkostu said:
I'm almost done with the first season and I've been into anime for quite a long time that I'm aware of the mess this second season is but, why exactly is this a mess??

I'm an anime-only so should I watch this or just read the manga?? Is it really that bad from an anime-only perspective? I heard they skipped several arcs but are those arcs worth reading? I don't have any problem with reading the manga but I still prefer anime that's why I'm kinda confused.

Even from an anime only perspective it's just a sloppy mess. It's so rushed that you just wonder why there's suddenly a time jump in the middle of something happening, the purpose of certain characters has fully lost all tension or reason, and all the big moments that are shown just come out as extremely anti-climactic and lackluster. That's all ignoring the pathetic excuse for a final episode and scene, and the insanely weak animation, especially when compared to the art on Season 1.

I would like to point out though something that a lot of people seem to forget due to how bad the show became, but the first couple of episodes are manga accurate and actually good. It's maybe the first 3 or so episodes, I forget exactly, but those episodes do stay at a normal pace and continued the show well, having been well-received at the time of airing (before the show started going off the rails).

As to whether the manga is worth reading, I'd say that's up to you and how big of a fan of the series you are. Fans love certain arcs such as the Goldy Pond arc (which is cut in its entirety despite being the fan's favorite and most anticipated arc, as they also did with a fan-favorite character who was cut intirely), but they say other arcs are really weak and they lost interest. If you're interested in seeing where the story goes after season 1, I would recommened the manga over the anime definitely though, and then if you want you can go back after reading and finishing the manga to see why people didn't like season 2 (If you watch it before reading it'll just spoil all the biggest events in the least interesting and most infuriating way possible. It's basically a shitty cliffnotes that's an insult to all the effort put into the first season).
yoshZZAug 18, 7:05 AM
Aug 18, 7:30 AM
Jul 2021
yoshZZ said:
yutaGAWKkostu said:

Even from an anime only perspective it's just a sloppy mess. It's so rushed that you just wonder why there's suddenly a time jump in the middle of something happening, the purpose of certain characters has fully lost all tension or reason, and all the big moments that are shown just come out as extremely anti-climactic and lackluster. That's all ignoring the pathetic excuse for a final episode and scene, and the insanely weak animation, especially when compared to the art on Season 1.

I would like to point out though something that a lot of people seem to forget due to how bad the show became, but the first couple of episodes are manga accurate and actually good. It's maybe the first 3 or so episodes, I forget exactly, but those episodes do stay at a normal pace and continued the show well, having been well-received at the time of airing (before the show started going off the rails).

As to whether the manga is worth reading, I'd say that's up to you and how big of a fan of the series you are. Fans love certain arcs such as the Goldy Pond arc (which is cut in its entirety despite being the fan's favorite and most anticipated arc, as they also did with a fan-favorite character who was cut intirely), but they say other arcs are really weak and they lost interest. If you're interested in seeing where the story goes after season 1, I would recommened the manga over the anime definitely though, and then if you want you can go back after reading and finishing the manga to see why people didn't like season 2 (If you watch it before reading it'll just spoil all the biggest events in the least interesting and most infuriating way possible. It's basically a shitty cliffnotes that's an insult to all the effort put into the first season).

Aight sir, thanks
Aug 18, 7:41 AM

Feb 2016
yutaGAWKkostu said:
I heard they skipped several arcs but are those arcs worth reading?

They actually only skipped 1 arc. The manga has too many remaining arcs to fit into a single season, yet they did it anyway. They ruined every single arc of The Promised Neverland except the 1st (season 1) and the 2nd (which they skipped).
LucifrostAug 18, 7:49 AM
その目だれの目?
Aug 18, 7:48 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to yoshZZ
yutaGAWKkostu said:

yoshZZ said:

Those few episodes may be good, but they are not manga accurate. They led me to believe the anime would invent its own story with an original ending. Imagine my surprise when the anime then had a time skip and went back to following the manga, except it was awful.
その目だれの目?
Aug 18, 7:54 AM
Oct 2020
Lucifrost said:
yoshZZ said:

Those few episodes may be good, but they are not manga accurate. They led me to believe the anime would invent its own story with an original ending. Imagine my surprise when the anime then had a time skip and went back to following the manga, except it was awful.

I should've said there's more manga-accurate elements (moreso in like episodes 1 and 2) before I diverts to seemingly good anime only content in episode 3 before just time-jumping for no fucking reason in episode 4 lol
Aug 18, 8:49 AM

Jul 2015
The Promised Neverland does not have second season.

Aug 18, 9:52 AM

Sep 2016
yutaGAWKkostu said:
I'm aware of the mess this second season is but, why exactly is this a mess?

Because it compressed and butchered a story that should have been ~50 episodes long into just 11 episodes.
Aug 18, 10:21 AM
Jul 2022
yutaGAWKkostu said:

As an anime only it's not terrible but it's still a good step down from the first season. The missing arc didn't really affect my experience since I didn't know about it in the first place, but the intensity the first season had wasn't there because thematically the narrative changed. It did make sense so it wasn't bad because it was different, it just wasn't as good of a story. Also the time skip people complain about didn't confuse me at all it seemed fine, I think it only confused people if you knew the manga. The biggest criticism anime only will have though is the literal slideshow ending of how everything ends which is atrocious in any form of story telling. And I don't mean badly animated, it showed still images of how everything ends, similar to the end of Resistance 3 if you ever played that game. So I would probably recommend reading it for more content and a better experience overall.
WestOnAndrewAveAug 18, 10:24 AM
Aug 18, 10:28 AM
Nov 2020
Honestly, my girlfriend and I both really enjoyed season 2. We’re anime only. I could see hating it if you read the manga, but it’s really not bad from an anime only viewpoint. Sure it’s rushed, but it’s still good. Definitely moreso if you haven’t read the manga.
Aug 18, 10:29 AM
Jul 2021
WestOnAndrewAve said:
yutaGAWKkostu said:

As an anime only it's not terrible but it's still a good step down from the first season. The missing arc didn't really affect my experience since I didn't know about it in the first place, but the intensity the first season had wasn't there because thematically the narrative changed. It did make sense so it wasn't bad because it was different, it just wasn't as good of a story. Also the time skip people complain about didn't confuse me at all it seemed fine, I think it only confused people if you knew the manga. The biggest criticism anime only will have though is the literal slideshow ending of how everything ends which is atrocious in any form of story telling. And I don't mean badly animated, it showed still images of how everything ends, similar to the end of Resistance 3 if you ever played that game. So I would probably recommend reading it for more content and a better experience overall.

THISSS!!! THIS RIGHT HERE is just what I was asking thanks a lot homie!!!
Aug 18, 10:30 AM
Jul 2021
LinkDQ said:
Honestly, my girlfriend and I both really enjoyed season 2. We’re anime only. I could see hating it if you read the manga, but it’s really not bad from an anime only viewpoint. Sure it’s rushed, but it’s still good. Definitely moreso if you haven’t read the manga.

yess this is the viewpoint that I wanted! Thank you.
Aug 18, 10:58 AM
Sep 2020
yutaGAWKkostu said:

To give u an idea what they did with the story, the amount of content adapted in season 1 they adapted almost 3 times of content in season 2 which was of 11 episodes while season 1 was 12 episodes. Now you probably have an idea how they butchered the story.
Aug 18, 1:08 PM
Apr 2018
yutaGAWKkostu said:

It's not that they skipped several arcs, they straight up jumped to the end and started to mess the plot and make up things that never happened, so yes, the skipped content is worth it, if you watch S2 you're basically skipping the whole story. (Doesn't end when they escape, it STARTS there)
Aug 18, 2:52 PM
Dec 2020
I'm anime only and still found the second season terrible
Aug 19, 9:21 AM
May 2024
kookool17 said:
15 volumes were adapted in 12 episodes, it was rushed. But the manga is a true masterpiece. The longest(v7 to 13) and best arc of the manga (named Goldy Pond) is not even adapted, just skipped. In the anime, the story is made different to be understandable. But I think the season 2 might be quite enjoyable if you dont know the manga(that is a 10/10). Also the world building in the manga is really good whereas it doesnt really exist in the anime.

I would have to agree the manga is better by far. There was so much that would have been nice to see in the adaptation. I loved goldy pond that arc would have been legit. I got to say since they skipped a lot content from the manga you miss on a lot of chapter development that really tie the twists in the story together or at least make them more significant. I would say the manga is definitely worth the read. Also to be honest I love reading a manga of an anime that don’t get a next season. It gives me closure to finish and sometimes there is some hidden gems in the manga version.
Aug 19, 10:04 AM
Dec 2023
kookool17 said:
15 volumes were adapted in 12 episodes, it was rushed. But the manga is a true masterpiece. The longest(v7 to 13) and best arc of the manga (named Goldy Pond) is not even adapted , just skipped. In the anime, the story is made different to be understandable. But I think the season 2 might be quite enjoyable if you dont know the manga(that is a 10/10). Also the world building in the manga is really good whereas it doesn't really exist in the anime.

That is literally comparable to jjk s1 AND s2 adapting 16 volumes of jjk manga.

I was so confused and disappointed when they made season 2 like that because season 1's quality felt so out of the world and realistic, it was like waking up in the morning and seeing the sun rise while your eyes are perfectly clear and sharp.

And here I am still hoping for a season 2 renewal like the one they did with spice & wolf..
Aug 19, 10:16 AM
Jun 2023
bunidiot said:
kookool17 said:
15 volumes were adapted in 12 episodes, it was rushed. But the manga is a true masterpiece. The longest(v7 to 13) and best arc of the manga (named Goldy Pond) is not even adapted , just skipped. In the anime, the story is made different to be understandable. But I think the season 2 might be quite enjoyable if you dont know the manga(that is a 10/10). Also the world building in the manga is really good whereas it doesn't really exist in the anime.

That is literally comparable to jjk s1 AND s2 adapting 16 volumes of jjk manga.

I was so confused and disappointed when they made season 2 like that because season 1's quality felt so out of the world and realistic, it was like waking up in the morning and seeing the sun rise while your eyes are perfectly clear and sharp.

And here I am still hoping for a season 2 renewal like the one they did with spice & wolf..

Jjk adaptation is perfect, four times more episodes for the same number of volumes...

I m still hoping for a remake of the season 2 of TPN too. If they keep the pace of the (perfect) season 1, it would be 3 cours long (~36 ep.). But it would be perfect for the masterpiece that TPN is.

Maybe, one day, we'll get it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2021

510 by ShonenEclipse »»
Aug 2, 10:58 PM

» For anime-onlys : what is Goldy Pond and why it was central to the manga (explanations)

Dante012 - Jul 4

10 by Dante012 »»
Jul 29, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MegamiRem - Jan 6, 2021

305 by MrList »»
Jul 5, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jan 28, 2021

417 by Dante012 »»
Jul 4, 6:22 AM

» Does this anime have the most wasted potential?

a0i-kun - Mar 10, 2023

29 by Dante012 »»
Jul 4, 3:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.