Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 8, 1:07 PM

Aug 2012
1) Her family is rich but not like "filthy rich"
2) She actually acknowledges her status & do not hesitate to show it (unlike certain Tsumugi from 10 years ago, for example), but also she does not flaunt it.
3) She has other cool both positive & negative traits, unrelated to stereotypical "rich kid things"
4) Does not consume motor oil in bulk & do not steal other people's panties unlike certain other Subarus :)

Basically you understand that should her family lose the money one day she will not be lost as her family being rich is a compliment to her personality, not the defining trait.
Jul 8, 3:01 PM
May 2023
so true I haven't thought about it until know but now that you pointed it out I realize this is like the first time ever I read about a "rich kid" with none of the typical stereoptypes
Jul 8, 7:28 PM
Nov 2023
I like the point you raise here, it’s a nice way to show a girl with substantial financial clout who isn’t spoilt by it at all. But when you say unlike Tsumugi, I assume you mean Kotobuki san from 15 years ago? I thought she was a brilliant character with great humility despite the family’s obvious fortune. For a comparison, look at Kokoro Tsurumaki as an example of unashamed wealth. She has concerts set up at a whim, stages built in streets, hires out mansions, islands and boats to play on, and her family have a dedicated team of supporters in suits making her every wish come true. But she’s still adorable and not mean to her schoolmates, I guess all Japanese rich girls are nice!
Jul 9, 9:44 AM
Nov 2022
The closest we got to a more stereotypical potrayal of a rich girl was when grandma awa came to visit 🤭

I would also like to highlight another anime from the same season with a "rich girl that doesn't act like a stereotypical rich girl" Tsutsui Mari from SasaKoi (the one with the troubled production) though I guess she does have an excessive manor with servants

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28

160 by Tacsk0 »»
Oct 18, 6:26 AM

» What you guys think about the main characters?

negatives - May 3

30 by Railey2 »»
Oct 6, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 24

112 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 19, 6:03 PM

» GBC to receive smartphone game adaptation.

Tacsk0 - Aug 31

9 by akatsukinoluna »»
Sep 19, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 10

42 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 18, 6:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.