Forum Settings
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 2, 2:48 PM

Feb 2008
So ANN posted an article saying that this film is coming to the US and Australia here.

I've only watched the first film but not the other two, but I was wondering if this film will be okay to watch without watching the other ones. I know this is a compilation of all three films so I'm curious to know if this is a good compilation or if it's worth watching the other three films.
Jul 3, 12:51 AM
Apr 2023
neow_neow said:
So ANN posted an article saying that this film is coming to the US and Australia here.

I've only watched the first film but not the other two, but I was wondering if this film will be okay to watch without watching the other ones. I know this is a compilation of all three films so I'm curious to know if this is a good compilation or if it's worth watching the other three films.

no. you have to watch the others first. not a single frame in Monogatari is filler or not worth watching so it makes no sense. if you don't like the series, don't watch
Jul 14, 1:32 AM
Feb 2023
Definitely watch the first three - this new version has had about 70 minutes of material removed.
Jul 29, 2:03 PM
Feb 2024
I think seeing this film (especially in theaters if possible) would be a great introduction to Monogatari. Sure, some of the material that was cut out is important within the context of the overall narrative (and probably makes the compilation film slightly weaker than the trilogy as a result), but you can always watch the trilogy afterward if you decide to continue with the series.
tachinomiJul 29, 2:07 PM
Aug 28, 11:40 PM
Jun 2016
Reply to tachinomi
I think seeing this film (especially in theaters if possible) would be a great introduction to Monogatari. Sure, some of the material that was cut out is important within the context of the overall narrative (and probably makes the compilation film slightly weaker than the trilogy as a result), but you can always watch the trilogy afterward if you decide to continue with the series.
Confirming from seeing it with a friend, this is not a good introduction point to the series. Seriously, don't start with this compilation movie.
Aug 29, 2:14 PM

Sep 2017
Is this worth watching without watching the other three films?
No.

Is this worth watching after watching the other three films?
There's no reason to watch this shit if you already watched the other three films.

This movie is made for people who hate the Monogatari series.
~ May all the beauty be blessed ~

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kizumonogatari: Koyomi Vamp Episode 1 Discussion

5hyguy - Jan 12

6 by shmoomp »»
Aug 29, 10:30 PM

» Update on Theatrical Release Status?

lasthavenmedia - Aug 14

3 by shmoomp »»
Aug 16, 9:57 AM

» Koyomi Vamp misses best Hanekawa moments

Datadaisa - Jan 22

3 by Reaperoflight »»
Jan 30, 6:57 AM

» Can I Watch This?

MadokaMapper - Jan 24

1 by salarx »»
Jan 27, 10:11 AM

» COMEBACK OF THE SERIES?

EnD_2222 - Sep 12, 2023

12 by SB-555 »»
Jan 23, 5:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.