Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 21, 6:47 PM
Apr 2021
I do not understand the hype. i assumed i would like this cuz girl in band omg bocchi! maybe im just a hater but to me its so melodramatic and over the top and the pacing of everything feels so rushed to me. i just cant take any of it seriously like why are they doing so much bro its episode 1. whenever they bust out a song randomly it makes me laugh so hard too like what are they doing?!@? not tryna hate on anybody that likes this cuz i like random stuff too i just want to hear some thoughts about this from ppl that enjoy it.
May 21, 6:58 PM
May 2023
Tbh it didn't feel random to me, probably bc I'm also watching Train to the End of the World this season (if you want something random, def watch that)

But overall I'd say girls band cry is pretty decent, and I love how expressive all the characters are.
May 21, 7:00 PM

Aug 2022
decago said:
I do not understand the hype. i assumed i would like this cuz girl in band omg bocchi! maybe im just a hater but to me its so melodramatic and over the top and the pacing of everything feels so rushed to me. i just cant take any of it seriously like why are they doing so much bro its episode 1. whenever they bust out a song randomly it makes me laugh so hard too like what are they doing?!@? not tryna hate on anybody that likes this cuz i like random stuff too i just want to hear some thoughts about this from ppl that enjoy it.

In my case a few reasons I like it are.

1. The music, this being my main reason but so far every single song they’ve released I’ve adored and are all on my playlist.

2. Nina, I find her character deep down to be very relatable in various ways with her past mainly

3. I enjoy the characters, there interactions and just the overall vibe of the show.

I’ll admit sometimes the interactions are very over the top but it don’t bother me at all.

I mean I don’t really need a real reason for liking something. But I guess these are some of them. Overall girls band cry especially with each performance just has me super hyped like I’m in the crowd watching them perform.
May 21, 7:01 PM

Aug 2022
Cwush said:
Tbh it didn't feel random to me, probably bc I'm also watching Train to the End of the World this season (if you want something random, def watch that)

But overall I'd say girls band cry is pretty decent, and I love how expressive all the characters are.

Train to the end of the world is the most random show I’ve ever seen. It’s so strange
May 21, 7:10 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to Phantom_373
decago said:

In my case a few reasons I like it are.

1. The music, this being my main reason but so far every single song they’ve released I’ve adored and are all on my playlist.

2. Nina, I find her character deep down to be very relatable in various ways with her past mainly

3. I enjoy the characters, there interactions and just the overall vibe of the show.

I’ll admit sometimes the interactions are very over the top but it don’t bother me at all.

I mean I don’t really need a real reason for liking something. But I guess these are some of them. Overall girls band cry especially with each performance just has me super hyped like I’m in the crowd watching them perform.
@Phantom_373 yea ofc u dont need a reason to enjoy something i just want to hear what ppl like about it. i agree with you as well with the music its pretty fire
May 21, 7:15 PM

Aug 2022
decago said:
@Phantom_373 yea ofc u dont need a reason to enjoy something i just want to hear what ppl like about it. i agree with you as well with the music its pretty fire

Personally comparing it with Bocchi the rock. I’d say with Bocchi I preferred the comedy and characters.

But with girls band cry I prefer the music far more
May 21, 7:23 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to Phantom_373
decago said:

Personally comparing it with Bocchi the rock. I’d say with Bocchi I preferred the comedy and characters.

But with girls band cry I prefer the music far more
@Phantom_373 nahhhhhhh better music than bocchi the rock is insane
May 21, 7:25 PM

Aug 2022
decago said:

Nah for me girls band cry’s music is far better. Bocchi the rock had good music but it really was not why I watched it. It was more for the comedy.

But hey I respect the opinion
May 21, 7:26 PM
Dec 2022
decago said:

well, I'm watching Train to the End of the World as well and I'm also liking Girls Band Cry. the characters most especially Nina and Momoka are so free and flexible. I love how they're not like literal 3d figures and as someone who's a teenager and also an adult, Nina reminds me of my uhhh...rebellious phase so I can just relate to the characters and feel like they show me how I went through a lot(emotionally and mentally) while growing up.
May 21, 7:36 PM
Dec 2022
I am watching both Train to the End of the World and Girls Band Cry. All I can say is Girls Band Cry is very good. I love the characters, most especially Nina, Momoka, and Subaru. I don't mind whatever they do, they annoy each other and fight most times but it's exciting to watch plus I can relate with Momoka and Nina tbh. Doomsday Train is random asf but I love both shows. They are currently at 9/10 for me.
May 21, 9:50 PM
Dec 2022
i still don't understand what is good about this show. didn't like this show from ep 1 and still don't like it. every song they sing/perform is like an OP or an ED.
all the characters doesn't even feel like characters I know from before, when they are performing, take the mick/other instruments go on to the stage. and start shaking their ass's more worst than someone who's drunk. all feels so un-realistic(especially when your trying to be real). couldn't vibe with other characters either. most of the time they are annoying, over the top. the only time they are responsible and peacefully is (ofcourse) when the MC is not around. really don't like her at all.

this anime didn't click with me, for no means iam criticizing the anime neither iam saying it's bad, but not something i can say it's good. the only thing is good ican say is the music/ songs.
that's my opinion, if you like it or disagree with me completely, i respect your opinion.
but this is how i feel.
May 21, 10:00 PM
Dec 2022
decago said:

i don't say the hype, only 18 thousend are watching (17 thousand are planning to watch) it only took 1000+ users to rate it 8. so understandibly
Yeshaiah2015yeshMay 21, 10:05 PM
May 21, 10:18 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to Yeshaiah2015yesh
decago said:

i don't say the hype, only 18 thousend are watching (17 thousand are planning to watch) it only took 1000+ users to rate it 8. so understandibly
@Yeshaiah2015yesh ok yea i think i worded it wrong its more just the fact it has such a high rating. but now that u mention it i guess that makes sense. the show kind of sucks its just reached only its target audience lol
May 21, 10:19 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to Yeshaiah2015yesh
i still don't understand what is good about this show. didn't like this show from ep 1 and still don't like it. every song they sing/perform is like an OP or an ED.
all the characters doesn't even feel like characters I know from before, when they are performing, take the mick/other instruments go on to the stage. and start shaking their ass's more worst than someone who's drunk. all feels so un-realistic(especially when your trying to be real). couldn't vibe with other characters either. most of the time they are annoying, over the top. the only time they are responsible and peacefully is (ofcourse) when the MC is not around. really don't like her at all.

this anime didn't click with me, for no means iam criticizing the anime neither iam saying it's bad, but not something i can say it's good. the only thing is good ican say is the music/ songs.
that's my opinion, if you like it or disagree with me completely, i respect your opinion.
but this is how i feel.
@Yeshaiah2015yesh exactly how i feel
May 21, 10:27 PM
Dec 2022
decago said:
@Yeshaiah2015yesh ok yea i think i worded it wrong its more just the fact it has such a high rating. but now that u mention it i guess that makes sense. the show kind of sucks its just reached only its target audience lol

yah, more than 80% just left the show after knowing it was CGI. i did to, but i had plenty of time (cause summer holidays) so i checked it out after asking PPL opinion about the anime, most ware positive, so i checked it out. still just weighting for when does the story writing gets good, when does this mental issues/ mentally unstable of a MC gonna go to a rehab centre i mean become a stable/mature person and get some character development.
Yeshaiah2015yeshMay 21, 10:33 PM
May 22, 3:09 AM
Nov 2018
decago said:

nameless fish, void, no rhyme or reason, the one from the last ep that I forgot the name, wrong world, just give a listen to these
May 22, 6:40 AM
Aug 2021
It's good and funny, you don't have to like everything
May 22, 1:51 PM
Nov 2023
After last year bringing it’s Mygo from the so far excellent Bandori series which totally botched the teenage angst/ sense of lack of direction theme and made me a little angry at times, this show has demonstrated how it really should be done. I can’t really explain why but it seems like the melodrama is coming from the girls’ backstories rather than just the need to be edgy. It’s a real 10/10 to me. Plus the music is next level.
May 22, 3:57 PM
Apr 2021
Reply to Revolutionry
decago said:

nameless fish, void, no rhyme or reason, the one from the last ep that I forgot the name, wrong world, just give a listen to these
@Revolutionry void i really like the rest are all right. but like as a whole the Bocchi soundtrack i feel like is much more consistent like every song in that show is good
May 23, 1:22 PM
Dec 2021
Just try double - "Nakayubi tatete" 🖕🖕

while listening the song!
That's amazing!
May 24, 12:56 PM

Mar 2021
Regardless of whether you find the music in this anime amazing or not, I think what really makes or breaks the viewing experience of this show are the characters and their interactions. The music isn't actually random at all, rather the show has chosen to focus on the band experience as opposed to song-writing or whatnot. Especially until the recent episodes, they've only been doing live performances just for the sake of playing music as opposed to having an overarching goal of 'making it'.

Because the focus is mainly on the characters and a lot of things that happen are due to Nina's wack personality, the show just rides or dies based on whether or not you can accept her.
May 24, 2:29 PM
Mar 2012
Reply to FutoiOtaku
After last year bringing it’s Mygo from the so far excellent Bandori series which totally botched the teenage angst/ sense of lack of direction theme and made me a little angry at times, this show has demonstrated how it really should be done. I can’t really explain why but it seems like the melodrama is coming from the girls’ backstories rather than just the need to be edgy. It’s a real 10/10 to me. Plus the music is next level.
@FutoiOtaku Completely nothing comment that doesn't explain what MyGO actually did wrong and just says one is better than the other because it's "good" without any explanation as to why.
May 24, 2:57 PM
Nov 2023
-Knox- said:
@FutoiOtaku Completely nothing comment that doesn't explain what MyGO actually did wrong and just says one is better than the other because it's "good" without any explanation as to why.

Really? Here’s an ACTUAL nothing answer. I have nothing to say in reply to an aggravating shitstain who instead of contributing to a discussion just randomly tries ‘throwing shade’ at someone who did. Go argue with another edgy child, leave the adults to have adult conversation.
May 24, 11:13 PM

Sep 2022
I like Bocchi and Jellyfish too. It took me a bit to get used to CGI but after you do, you can see advantages that it brings.
One thing I remember about Bocchi is fantastic animation when she would start playing. This show gave me the same feeling when band performs - CGI really shines here.
I also like all characters including MC - you can feel she is complicated but for me not annoying. And if you watch anime regularly, you surely have seen many unstable MCs.
I love songs, there is playlist on YouTube I listen to.
Unexpectedly it is probably my favourite anime this season.
May 25, 12:45 AM

Jan 2017
Reply to FutoiOtaku
@FutoiOtaku first of all, you have MyGO at a 9/10. your criticism on mygo here makes it sound like it should be rated lower. i don't think mygo is edgy at all. every character was written with a backstory that justifies how they act/behave. you can tell mygo's story was clearly laid out from beginning to end with its "show don't tell" approach. the melodrama in mygo also comes from their backstories. taste in music is subjective but mygo delivers full length performances unlike GBC. i don't get enough satisfaction with the GBC performances in the anime so i end up listening to the full version elsewhere. i like both mygo and GBC. i'd say GBC has more likeable characters and better chemistry between the cast but...mygo not having this is kinda the central theme of the show.
May 25, 4:14 AM
Nov 2023
KawaiiTendou said:
@FutoiOtaku first of all, you have MyGO at a 9/10. your criticism on mygo here makes it sound like it should be rated lower. i don't think mygo is edgy at all. every character was written with a backstory that justifies how they act/behave. you can tell mygo's story was clearly laid out from beginning to end with its "show don't tell" approach. the melodrama in mygo also comes from their backstories. taste in music is subjective but mygo delivers full length performances unlike GBC. i don't get enough satisfaction with the GBC performances in the anime so i end up listening to the full version elsewhere. i like both mygo and GBC. i'd say GBC has more likeable characters and better chemistry between the cast but...mygo not having this is kinda the central theme of the show.

I see your reasoning, but I’m not being that dramatic. Having loved every instalment of the Bandori franchise due to the fantastic positive attitudes of most of the characters as well as music I still play in everyday life, I found the conflict element to be a little artificial and irritating. This is just my feeling, not scientifically provable. Maybe when I rewatch it I’ll see it differently? But the conflict led to Ave Mujica forming and for that I’m grateful. I just couldn’t score it the 10 I wanted to because to me the edgy teen elements seemed generated rather than natural. Whereas in GBC the 2 main girls have much more convincing backstories and the subtle underlying humour tempers the tantrums a bit. I wish the music was given slightly higher priority but I can’t fault the production as it is more character driven.
But overall the issues I perceive with MyGo are personal opinion but only minor therefore a single point deduction is all I did to a near-perfect anime.
May 25, 6:24 AM
Sep 2022
For me, the big problem with this anime is nina, I consider her a toxic and unbearable character. That said, this is an anime with a 7, , it's full of clichés and and if you see that the anime needs some punch, , a Yuri scene and everyone talks about the same topic in the comments How did this last chapter happen? . I like Yuri but when it's done well and not just to make Cheap clickbait and then you forget about it. greetings
HormigoMay 25, 6:28 AM
May 25, 9:02 AM
Aug 2013
Reply to Hormigo
For me, the big problem with this anime is nina, I consider her a toxic and unbearable character. That said, this is an anime with a 7, , it's full of clichés and and if you see that the anime needs some punch, , a Yuri scene and everyone talks about the same topic in the comments How did this last chapter happen? . I like Yuri but when it's done well and not just to make Cheap clickbait and then you forget about it. greetings
@Hormigo

I see where you are getting at, but her character is in line with her background. She is a 17 years old that run away to the other side of Japan after being pressured at school and home.

She is supposed to be portrayed as a naive girl, like Momoka, with more determination to realize her goal.

Also, GBC is far from a yuri or shoujo ai fan service imo.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28

160 by Tacsk0 »»
Oct 18, 6:26 AM

» What you guys think about the main characters?

negatives - May 3

30 by Railey2 »»
Oct 6, 8:01 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 24

112 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 19, 6:03 PM

» GBC to receive smartphone game adaptation.

Tacsk0 - Aug 31

9 by akatsukinoluna »»
Sep 19, 10:57 AM

Poll: » Girls Band Cry Episode 6 Discussion

IzanaSolos - May 10

42 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Sep 18, 6:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.