Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 8:08 AM

Jul 2017
The Kawagoe Academy choir is really doomed for once Cardbocchi runs away from his problems again, only for his childhood friend Juu to advise him to stop loathing about it, though he has practiced for this very day of the tournament. For IT-kun a.k.a Kaito to make a short video together with Haruo to convince Dei to come back anf sing his heart out despite his fears.

Despite Haruo making up cardboard box heads for Cardbocchi, it just doesn't resonate with the voices well, so they decide to face the music, with Cardbocchi being the centerstage aside from the conducting Haruo singing their free piece: Now or Never. Despite not winning the first place to enter the national competition, they to the Excellence award, which is more or less a subtle achievement that they continue with their daily lives.

This show, just does NOT do the art of choir justice. What a waste of time, money and resources.
Jan 15, 9:26 AM
Oct 2014
this episode was so not worth waiting like idk 2 or 3 weeks for , this show had good and bad episodes but ultimately it just was a bad show tho I did enjoy the characters this isn't what choirs is about I was in chorus for years in Middle and HS , not like this cause in America it was different but they portrayed this so half assed I hated the male teacher I really wish this anime was a 360 because it had so much potential , also wtf so did he go back or did he stay .-. I was gonna actually gonna give this anime a 8 but thinking about it nah it gets a 5
Jan 15, 9:34 AM
Sep 2015
It seems like the school won the fourth place, which is already good considering how bad their first day was.
Jan 15, 6:08 PM
Mar 2020
I actually liked this episode. I might have been able to rate the show higher if this level of interest and plotness was set as the bare minimum standard for every episode. But obviously one good episode is not enough to save this absolutely doomed garbage fire. I'm glad I finished it, but I'm also glad to see it vanishing into the rear view.

Honestly, I feel like if this show had been made by KyoAni with their usual budgets and level of animation and story direction, it could have been huge. There's some substance there, but some corporation would have had to bet big on it, and why would they ever do so now?
Jan 15, 6:56 PM

Feb 2019
the final scene kinda left us hanging, didn't it? i mean, i can draw my own conclusions, but i wanna know what his decision was.
Jan 16, 6:19 AM
Oct 2023
LeenPhoenixRae said:
the final scene kinda left us hanging, didn't it? i mean, i can draw my own conclusions, but i wanna know what his decision was.

Right.. I actually liked the show but I'd like to know too 😭
Jan 16, 7:06 PM

Aug 2016
Disappointing, but I expected that.
Jan 16, 8:36 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to JuwairiyaU
LeenPhoenixRae said:

Right.. I actually liked the show but I'd like to know too 😭
@JuwairiyaU let's hope there's a second season, or a movie, or something to kinda close it up lol
Jan 17, 1:04 AM
Oct 2023
LeenPhoenixRae said:
@JuwairiyaU let's hope there's a second season, or a movie, or something to kinda close it up lol

Right.. Anything honestly.. lol. 😭
Jan 17, 5:50 PM

Oct 2022
Where did this even come from? I forgot all about this show by December when it GHOSTED after episode 11. Just dropped off in the middle of an obviously 2-episode finale. Then mid-January this just drops out of nowhere.

This has been a truly weird anime experience. This show has appeared at times clunky, awkward, amateur, and unintentionally funny and sometimes kind of interesting and emotionally moving. They obviously put a lot of work into this final episode, it definitely shows. Even though there are way too many clacking walking sounds, and some of the voices don't match the character's faces, and there was not enough music in a MUSICAL anime, it was a nice ending to a very odd and offbeat show. Not all of the characters were standouts, but IT-kun definitely is, and Haruo, Tenshi, Old Hag, and the cast definitely felt like it was fleshed out by the end. I am going to copy over my CR review of this because I just don't know what else to write after these episode reviews. Laughing at this show's antics was entertaining, but I doubt anyone will ever watch it out of any but random curiosity.
Jan 19, 3:22 PM

Oct 2009
Well, this is weird. Last episode definitely shows that the series has a soul, which makes it all the sadder that it's been, apparently, plagued by all sorts of production issues through the season. But there was a lot of substance in this one, even with all the silence - sometimes that says more than words, especialy when it's contrasting music and singing in such a story. It's too bad for the hiatus because in the weeks since, I kinda forgot why this or that thing even happened in the first place... And it's strange to think that there was a summer training camp and yet now it's Christmas (really did feel like it was supposed to be a "Christmas gift", all the more unfortunate). But the whole gang's here, even Kaito (pls don't ever drop the Kansai, I enjoy it immensely), whom we really don't know how or why he's back. It's also weird that after all the idolgroup-like dancing they did in several episodes, they now perform standing completely still, even though the song itself is definitely upbeat and dynamic and just calls for movement (technical issues, I suppose). And then everyone even shows up in their uniuque casual attires, and there are so many things left open-ended....

I loved this episode in particular. The way it fits in with the series as a whole, though, how it highlights its issues... is a completely different matter.
Mar 25, 8:35 PM

Sep 2021
So I finally got around to watch the final episode. I didn't even notice it aired in January already.

But I'm glad they took their time to deliver a decent finale. It was beautiful to see them all have fun singing together and their original piece sounds very nice. The open end is an interesting choice, but as someone who hates this stuff, I have to say it actually fits the show.

As for the show as a whole, there are many problems, but even more good points.

The production was awful. Not much to talk about and not unexpected. The character designs are great, but there was no animation to back it up. Doesnt really matter to me, except for Ep. 11 where it was so bad it had a negative impact on the story.
Also, there are too many characters and not enough time for everyone to shine. Some where handled well, but some fell short.

Moving on to the positive: The comedy was brilliant. The show was at it's best when it was less about the plot and more about being gag humor.
Haruo-sensei played a big part in this. He is such a perfect representation of a genius conductor! Constantly harsh and inappropriate and taking not a single notice of how others think about him. But when he do gets to others, it shows he doesn't lack empathy or anything, he just lives in his own world.
Rika-sensei and the headmaster also played their roles perfectly.
And the honeybadger is hillarious.

Regarding the "serious" coming of age plot, there were also some great episodes. IT-kun's story arc of being forced to leave due to his father and being unable to abandon him was brilliant. Adachi's episode and the one where they went up against their parents to keep practicing were also highlights even in the super stacked Fall season.

In the end the show had great potential and was great at times. Most times actually. But the staff also wanted way to much for 12 episodes and that turned out to be a problem towards the end. The end was still fine, but not on the same level as before.

I hope those who did a wonderful job in this work will be recognized and get a chance to work under better circumstances at some point.

All in all I still enjoyed the show a lot! 8/10.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kawagoe Boys Sing Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 16, 2023

9 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Kawagoe Boys Sing Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2023

25 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Kawagoe Boys Sing Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2023

8 by Bisalissy »»
Mar 25, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Kawagoe Boys Sing Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2023

14 by SuperAdventure »»
Feb 6, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Kawagoe Boys Sing Episode 8 Discussion

KANLen09 - Nov 27, 2023

9 by Swiggy »»
Feb 6, 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.