Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2023 9:03 AM

May 2020
Not a single discussion post ? Come on.

Anyway, what a surreal and delightful manga. I'll admit, it took me a few chapters for it to get interesting for me but it was definitely worth it because it gets better the longer it goes on.

I'll admit the ending leaned a little too hard into the surrealism aspect for me. I was wondering if it was all some kind of hallucination or dream but no, Hanao really did get his chance to play for the Giants at the age of 31.

Shigeo's development throughout the series is also great to see, although I did feel like maybe it was a tad rushed sometimes. Still, Hanao teaching Shigeo to feel things and not just think about them was great and seeing their bond grow stronger over the course of the story was genuinely touching. His interactions with the Hag were also a highlight for me.

"Cold ? Of course it's cold. The important thing is to feel". That's something I'll think about for a while.
Nov 4, 2023 4:17 AM
Oct 2023
Last time I read this manga was almost 6 years ago, and you're right: it's so memorable. It's surreal and yet so honest.
Nov 4, 2023 4:18 AM
Oct 2023
Last time I read this manga was almost 6 years ago, and you're right: it's so memorable. It's surreal and yet so honest.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.