Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2023 8:19 AM

Jul 2017
The situation of a pair of 1st year twins of Shin and Kou Hyuuga joining the Kawagoe Boys Choir on a recommendation, it feels hamfisted since they are still short of members. But once again, the headmaster's pet Ratel has run off again and Haruo has the guys find it for him since he's the least motivated.

Anywho, once the twins are put in their place, they don't perform quite exact to Haruo's standards, and to make matters worse, they are always bickering at one another endlessly for God knows how long their endurance has put them through. And Haruo wanting a competition to show off the least motivation, his game being to make them all look ridiculous, it's actually for a reason, though the way he explains it is still out of order.

The time has come for their first performance, and Cardbocchi clearly feels scared being of stage fright, it's understandable. The song and dance however...feels more like a well-choreographed K-Pop-ish showing that isn't all choir...but yeah.

Guess ridicule is the name of the game, while getting better from here on out.
Oct 30, 2023 9:10 AM
Sep 2015
It's a little bit more like a dance group instead of choir, but maybe the word "boy band" would may the most accurate description. Kinda reminds me of Westlife and Backstreet Boy that have soft choreograph instead of heavy choreograph found in k-pop.
Oct 30, 2023 12:15 PM

Oct 2009
I will never not be biased when it comes to twins. But yeah at this point it's more like the diet version of an idol group than a choir tbh.
Oct 30, 2023 6:26 PM

Oct 2022
That acid trip of an opener...

Oh lord, there's so much wrong with this anime I don't know where to start.
First of all, WHY are the characters SO UGLY? Why do they insist on showing that old hag in so many scenes? I've figured out one of the things wrong with them is they all have these very prominent, noticeable EYELIDS over their eyes that give them this droopy, slightly sleepy look- so that even when they're pissed off, they just end up looking bored. Maestro is the only one where this look instead makes him look constantly smug, like he just got done having sex with some dumb girl he tricked into doing it with, and he lounges around wearing that horrible striped dress shirt, because he's just got done having a quick one and just wants a nap
So they introduce these two new characters, who are twins (easier to draw? But they look exactly like the kid they call IT-kun, just with grey instead of blond hair)
And IT-kun looks the same as the cutie Tenshi (who for some reason gets NO LINES to speak anymore) but has the droopy face instead of a cute one.
It was just so much yammering, and only for a few seconds they're doing AN ACTUAL SINGING WARMUP- but then bust out this horrible cgi animated idol performance on the school stage..... wait, WHAT? How did they go from barely knowing how to sing to that- all in a few days?????
The writing direction in this is a complete mess. It's slightly entertaining only because I find its amateurish antics so funny- but the things I find funny aren't intended to be jokes, I'm laughing at the anime rather than with it. Wonder how long my ENTHUSIASM will last now?
SuperAdventureOct 30, 2023 6:29 PM
Oct 31, 2023 9:47 PM

Sep 2021
Quite a funny coincidence how both the bangs and the high/low voice of the twins match Migi and Dali.

Overall a slower episode and not quite as funny as the ones before. Still really good though. Might also just be my expectations rising.
Nov 3, 2023 12:28 PM

May 2015
I'm not convinced they actually managed to get a successful performance just in a few days and with those odd guidelines like not being too eager. And the MC struggles with his fear of going onto stage, but then it just gets brushed off like no big deal. And aren't they all became roped up into the choir all too quickly?.. The animal is also quite annoying. They are probably going for a cute mascot, but no, it's just annoying.
Nov 5, 2023 12:33 PM
May 2020
Great song performance!
Nov 7, 2023 8:52 PM

Aug 2016
Those twins are so annoying. Was surprised by the performance. I thought they were doing a traditional choir style.
Nov 11, 2023 5:36 AM
Apr 2021
I think this isn't popular because it is not realistic and its like a pop idol who dance and sing
but for me i think this anime is great but i prefer the song to be mid classical because its a choir after all
but its unique and funny so i will still continue to watch until the end
Dec 28, 2023 8:04 PM

Feb 2019
ratel is one picky eater - a nice motivator for Cardbocchi-kun, i think lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kawagoe Boys Sing Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 16, 2023

9 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Kawagoe Boys Sing Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2023

25 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 26, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Kawagoe Boys Sing Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 15

11 by Bisalissy »»
Mar 25, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Kawagoe Boys Sing Episode 11 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 25, 2023

8 by Bisalissy »»
Mar 25, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Kawagoe Boys Sing Episode 9 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 4, 2023

14 by SuperAdventure »»
Feb 6, 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.