Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 7, 2023 2:55 PM

Mar 2019
Based on the gore scenes shown in the 2 episodes released so far, this anime should have a +17 rating, right? (⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)
Oct 7, 2023 3:26 PM

Dec 2017
Gore?? Was I watching the censored version all this time?
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Oct 7, 2023 3:47 PM

Mar 2019
Reply to karrotStick
Gore?? Was I watching the censored version all this time?
@karrotStick Yes, blood and guts..

Oct 7, 2023 4:00 PM
Jul 2023
Jonas-K said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
honestly this is hilarious!
that 1 scene isn't worth that rating in my opinion. if anything, the anime dumbed down on the gore coming off of the manga.

the manga showed people being eaten and ripped to pieces where the anime would just show the screams behind the scenes...

just a personal piece of mind.
this anime is going to have blood, death and "gore" but it is not going to as bad as other anime that I have seen that are still only rated PG-13.
I mean... the main premise behind this story is that a guy is going out to kill dragons and kill all of the people that he loves... if I seen that bio, I would fully expect to see some stuff.

but still, the little bit that was shown so far was not enough to warrant that rating imo.
Oct 7, 2023 4:17 PM
Apr 2021
i think pg-13 is apropriated so far
the violence in "gore" has to be presented with disgust and psychological horror to be considered such, this is preety light and a 13 yr old wouldnt look at it like "omg, bones, i sure aint sleeping tonight"
if the guts and blood isnt presented to scare then its not gore, just wounded flesh. in a show about medical surgeries would u consider the insides of a pacient "gore"? i personally wouldn't.
speaking of this show i think it was way heavier the start with that glutton high dragon than the meeting with crimson
Oct 7, 2023 4:53 PM

Mar 2019
Reply to CalebFalconer
Jonas-K said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
honestly this is hilarious!
that 1 scene isn't worth that rating in my opinion. if anything, the anime dumbed down on the gore coming off of the manga.

the manga showed people being eaten and ripped to pieces where the anime would just show the screams behind the scenes...

just a personal piece of mind.
this anime is going to have blood, death and "gore" but it is not going to as bad as other anime that I have seen that are still only rated PG-13.
I mean... the main premise behind this story is that a guy is going out to kill dragons and kill all of the people that he loves... if I seen that bio, I would fully expect to see some stuff.

but still, the little bit that was shown so far was not enough to warrant that rating imo.
@CalebFalconer Some animes like Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha and Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records don't have such heavy scenes and are rated +17, that's why I thought about it, you know? :'3
Oct 7, 2023 5:43 PM
Dec 2021
was thinking the same,
this should definitely be R rated.
Oct 7, 2023 5:44 PM
Jul 2023
Alex_the_reaper said:
the violence in "gore" has to be presented with disgust and psychological horror to be considered such, this is preety light and a 13 yr old wouldnt look at it like "omg, bones, i sure aint sleeping tonight"
if the guts and blood isnt presented to scare then its not gore, just wounded flesh. in a show about medical surgeries would u consider the insides of a pacient "gore"? i personally wouldn't.
speaking of this show i think it was way heavier the start with that glutton high dragon than the meeting with crimson

@Jonas-K yeah, there are those shows like you mentioned that might not have nearly as much Gore and yet are still rated +17, but just like how @Alex_the_reaper mentioned above, typically scenes like that or presented in a way that is supposed to be disgusting or terrifying. I e, actually showing somebody getting their head cut off, heads presented on steaks, somebody being shot with a thousand bullets, etc. typically those are things that kind of earn the +17 rating.

so far, the scenes that I've been presented in ragna crimson have almost been like a offhanded representation in my opinion. like the photo that you posted above where ragna looks back at a pile of bones and blood, I don't really think that was presented in such a way that it was supposed to be disgusting or terrifying, it was more of like a "hold on, didn't I tell you? I'm pretty sure you were dead..." 🤣🤣🤣

ultimately, we'll have to see how the anime progresses. but I think if they keep the momentum that they've got going with the blood guts and gore, I think it would be safe to say that the series could maintain a PG-13 rating. the manga would definitely be rated R or +17. and the anime didn't show nearly as much of the bad stuff that the manga had, and implied it into the anime in a different way to prevent from showing it. in the manga, that picture where older Ragna looks back at dead crimson, was a very mundane thing in the manga compared to what else was shown.
if the developers of the anime didn't show any of that, I think it would be safe to say that they'll try and avoid as much of the horrific aspects that the manga implied..

obviously this is all just a personal opinion of mine though.
Oct 7, 2023 8:49 PM

Mar 2019
Reply to CalebFalconer
Alex_the_reaper said:

@Jonas-K yeah, there are those shows like you mentioned that might not have nearly as much Gore and yet are still rated +17, but just like how @Alex_the_reaper mentioned above, typically scenes like that or presented in a way that is supposed to be disgusting or terrifying. I e, actually showing somebody getting their head cut off, heads presented on steaks, somebody being shot with a thousand bullets, etc. typically those are things that kind of earn the +17 rating.

so far, the scenes that I've been presented in ragna crimson have almost been like a offhanded representation in my opinion. like the photo that you posted above where ragna looks back at a pile of bones and blood, I don't really think that was presented in such a way that it was supposed to be disgusting or terrifying, it was more of like a "hold on, didn't I tell you? I'm pretty sure you were dead..." 🤣🤣🤣

ultimately, we'll have to see how the anime progresses. but I think if they keep the momentum that they've got going with the blood guts and gore, I think it would be safe to say that the series could maintain a PG-13 rating. the manga would definitely be rated R or +17. and the anime didn't show nearly as much of the bad stuff that the manga had, and implied it into the anime in a different way to prevent from showing it. in the manga, that picture where older Ragna looks back at dead crimson, was a very mundane thing in the manga compared to what else was shown.
if the developers of the anime didn't show any of that, I think it would be safe to say that they'll try and avoid as much of the horrific aspects that the manga implied..

obviously this is all just a personal opinion of mine though.
@CalebFalconer I understand, great point you made, thanks for sharing. (⁠人⁠ ⁠•͈⁠ᴗ⁠•͈⁠)
Oct 7, 2023 8:52 PM

Mar 2019
Reply to Alex_the_reaper
@Alex_the_reaper I see, good point of view, thanks. (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)
Oct 7, 2023 9:56 PM

Apr 2021
Jonas-K said:
Based on the gore scenes shown in the 2 episodes released so far, this anime should have a +17 rating, right? (⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)

Yes, this should be R rated in my opinion. It does not matter how long that image is shown, how many times that image is shown, etc. R rated concepts should not be shown in PG13 shows.
Oct 8, 2023 12:23 AM
Nov 2018
Jonas-K said:

Maybe I'm just weird? I don't think it's that bad for that rating. Either that I have watch to much of it. I think it's pretty tamed.
Oct 8, 2023 12:35 AM
Nov 2016
So far, the anime seems to be more tamed than the manga, I wished this was R - 17+ and not shy away from the brutality we've seen in the manga but I guess they want to make this anime more kid-friendly or something.
Oct 8, 2023 6:42 AM
Apr 2021
Jonas-K said:
@Alex_the_reaper I see, good point of view, thanks. (⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

to have a term of comparison i recommend watching the first episode of kingdoms of ruins (a new show of this season that does have the gore tag) just to see the difference in presentation 😁

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 21 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 9

41 by Vindicater »»
Oct 14, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - Mar 30

132 by nixlm7 »»
Oct 12, 10:41 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 20 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Mar 2

42 by Vindicater »»
Oct 10, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 19 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 24

26 by xZabuzax »»
Oct 10, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Ragna Crimson Episode 18 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Feb 17

45 by Vindicater »»
Oct 9, 7:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.