Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 23, 2023 6:18 AM

Sep 2013
A decent finale for an average second season,

The cast is still likeable, the humor is on point, the slice of life is comfy, its from Adachi Mitsuru alright but this season lacked heavily on content i feel like,

Season 1 had to introduce characters,lore,tease events and it was such an entertaining start for a new show, it also felt more like a sport anime than a sol about baseball, which this season clearly isn't, if i had to compare its like the first arcs of Touch but not as good.

Still the chara dev this season was very interesting to follow and the last arc was pretty heavy emotionnally, which can tease good things for a possible season 3 (which if it happen will come in a very long time)

I was very excited for this sequel and sadly in my eyes its a 5/10, just good enough to watch but won't always be entertaining except if you really like classic SOLS, if you're searching something about baseball this isn't it, its only pretending it is

So yeah goodbye Mix, now please Major 2/Daiya no Ace come back we need you urgently.
Deep dark fantasies
Sep 23, 2023 7:15 AM
Oct 2016
Another season of baseball has come to a close, or at least anime baseball. Mix is definitely not for everyone with how the pacing is. Things can seem monotonous at times or like nothing's happening, especially for a show seemingly centered around baseball there's times where none of that is happening for long stretches. But I think this season really emphasized that this story it about the Tachibana family more than anything else. After the heartbreaking pitchers duel loss to end last season, redemption is on the mind when we started this one. Tou and Sou both worked very hard and tried to make the team better overall too. With their manager they all strived to reach Koshien. The heartbreak this season I did not expect at all, I didn't see it coming that their father would die. The Meisei team was doing so well and was absolutely on their way to Koshien until that devastating blow. How it was so sudden too, I got suspicious when no one could contact him after a certain point but I didn't expect a heart attack in the bathroom during the game. I cried so much in the episodes after that, Tou losing the last blood member of his family is so sad. Their mom too losing another husband, I can't imagine the pain. Tou did very well to pull himself out and not linger on that pain, I'm glad this last episode showed that he's taking those feelings and using them as fuel to achieve even more. Keep making the team and yourselves better for one final push to Koshien. I hope they get there and I hope we get to see it in another season one day.

75/100
Sep 23, 2023 1:04 PM

Jan 2018
I am glad this episode continued where the last one left off. It was really nice to see Touma and Otomi having some alone time. Reminds me of Tacchan and Minami moments from Touch. We need more scenes like this!

This finale was left more open-ended which is to be expected. When I started Season 2 I was fully expecting it to conclude Mix but it didn't. This pleasantly surprised me. This means there's a chance for Season 3 sometime in the near future.

Maybe we'll get to see Harada regaining his memories and reuniting with grown-up Tacchan and Minami. Let me dream.

I think Mix Season 1 was pretty weak. It didn't really have any motivations for the main characters that hooked me like Touch or Cross Game did so I found it pretty boring. Compared to that, Season 2 was an improvement in almost every department.

It feels like the story of Mix has only just begun. Which is crazy cos we're 2 seasons in. It's probably the longest it took for a Mitsuru Adachi anime to get me hooked on the story. For Touch it was when Part 1 ended and for Cross Game it was Episode 1.

I don't really care too much about the baseball aspect of this show. I'm here purely for the SOL or drama aspects. I am really glad I watched Season 2. Not that I had any plans to skip it whatsoever.

One noticeably bad aspect of this Season was probably the animation. It wasn't awful but it's a clear downgrade from Season 1. I don't think it's the fault of the new director either. I'm not expecting the Blu-ray to fix much.

But I'm still glad this Season exists at all. Because Season 1's original ending was made like they weren't sure if they'd continue this in the future. Thankfully Season 2's ending didn't pull that anime original crap again. It leaves it open for Season 3 (and beyond).

I don't when or if we'll get a Season 3 but I really hope it happens. It's probably still a long way off so I want anime adaptations/remakes of older Adachi manga to keep us occupied till then. Though this seems unlikely. I really want to buy Short Game to support English translations of Adachi's mangas and I rarely buy manga.

This is probably the longest-running manga by Mitsuru Adachi being in publication for over a decade. But I think his other series have way more chapters, mainly cos Mix is a monthly series and it seems he took a lot of breaks between chapters/volumes.

Adachi is in his 70's so I'm a bit worried about his health and his ability as an author. But clearly, he's still got it so I'm optimistic that everything will turn out just fine.

Watching a Mitsuru Adachi anime while it airs weekly was certainly an experience I never thought I'd ever have. I just wish these shows weren't so underrated so there could be more discussions.

I'll have to update my Mitsuru Adachi anime ranking: Touch=Cross Game>Hiatari Ryoukou!=Mix (Season 2)>H2>>>Miyuki>>>Mix (Season 1)>>>>Nine>>>>>Slow Step.

Here's hoping I'll get to update this ranking many more times in the future.
Sep 23, 2023 1:20 PM
Aug 2020
good way to end this season
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Sep 23, 2023 2:03 PM
ε­”ηœŸγƒ»γ‚³γ‚¦γƒžγ‚³γƒˆ

Jun 2017
It was looking imminent for Tou-chan to break down in tears, and I would not have been able to control those tears for sure. Strangely enough, the change in tone in this episode to a brighter note was handled very well and didn't feel jarring at all. I don't know if it's an Adachi Mitsuru-sensei thing, but I always found it amazing how the tides of the show sway from one direction to another effortlessly.

Amnesia man giving Otomi-chan and the late Tachibana-san a reassuring nod because Tou-chan is still in good hands was beautiful. It definitely left a big smile on my face. He was a great addition to the already entertaining cast.

What really made this season stand out compared to the previous one was the level of intensity, especially in the second half. It's a pity how it ended in the end, but if there's an indication for better things to come, I think the last few seconds would do. Also, the Op visuals. I mean, the song was good too, but the visuals really got me hyped! Ending it with the mount adjustment from Otomi-chan, phew.

Solid 8/10! Apparently, the anime adaptation has covered nearly most of the available chapters, but I don't mind waiting however long it takes for a sequel in animated format.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 23, 2023 3:19 PM
Mar 2015
Thinks are moving alone with Tou
Sep 25, 2023 9:52 AM

May 2015
Still a less-good Touch but this season 2 was telling more interesting things than season 1 imho. Good watching.
Oct 6, 2023 10:06 PM

Jan 2017
Will wait for season 3!
Dec 27, 2023 10:36 PM

Jan 2020
Reply to 0451
I am glad this episode continued where the last one left off. It was really nice to see Touma and Otomi having some alone time. Reminds me of Tacchan and Minami moments from Touch. We need more scenes like this!

This finale was left more open-ended which is to be expected. When I started Season 2 I was fully expecting it to conclude Mix but it didn't. This pleasantly surprised me. This means there's a chance for Season 3 sometime in the near future.

Maybe we'll get to see Harada regaining his memories and reuniting with grown-up Tacchan and Minami. Let me dream.

I think Mix Season 1 was pretty weak. It didn't really have any motivations for the main characters that hooked me like Touch or Cross Game did so I found it pretty boring. Compared to that, Season 2 was an improvement in almost every department.

It feels like the story of Mix has only just begun. Which is crazy cos we're 2 seasons in. It's probably the longest it took for a Mitsuru Adachi anime to get me hooked on the story. For Touch it was when Part 1 ended and for Cross Game it was Episode 1.

I don't really care too much about the baseball aspect of this show. I'm here purely for the SOL or drama aspects. I am really glad I watched Season 2. Not that I had any plans to skip it whatsoever.

One noticeably bad aspect of this Season was probably the animation. It wasn't awful but it's a clear downgrade from Season 1. I don't think it's the fault of the new director either. I'm not expecting the Blu-ray to fix much.

But I'm still glad this Season exists at all. Because Season 1's original ending was made like they weren't sure if they'd continue this in the future. Thankfully Season 2's ending didn't pull that anime original crap again. It leaves it open for Season 3 (and beyond).

I don't when or if we'll get a Season 3 but I really hope it happens. It's probably still a long way off so I want anime adaptations/remakes of older Adachi manga to keep us occupied till then. Though this seems unlikely. I really want to buy Short Game to support English translations of Adachi's mangas and I rarely buy manga.

This is probably the longest-running manga by Mitsuru Adachi being in publication for over a decade. But I think his other series have way more chapters, mainly cos Mix is a monthly series and it seems he took a lot of breaks between chapters/volumes.

Adachi is in his 70's so I'm a bit worried about his health and his ability as an author. But clearly, he's still got it so I'm optimistic that everything will turn out just fine.

Watching a Mitsuru Adachi anime while it airs weekly was certainly an experience I never thought I'd ever have. I just wish these shows weren't so underrated so there could be more discussions.

I'll have to update my Mitsuru Adachi anime ranking: Touch=Cross Game>Hiatari Ryoukou!=Mix (Season 2)>H2>>>Miyuki>>>Mix (Season 1)>>>>Nine>>>>>Slow Step.

Here's hoping I'll get to update this ranking many more times in the future.
0451 said:

I blame the downgrade in animation due to production transferring from OLM Team Kojima to OLM Team Masuda. Everything I’ve seen from Team Masuda has pretty meh production values, especially compared to Team Kojima. In addition, a lot of the episodes were outsourced to other studios, which was probably due to Masuda’s workline being busy with other works that were in-production simultaneously with Mix.

OLM has also been in a weird place recently due to recent cost cutting measures and consolidation of its work lines from IMAGICA — with many of the studio’s producers leaving as of late; such as for instance: Tsukasa Koitabashi in 2020, former SynergySP producers Ryousuke Sakurai and Isamu Abe in 2021 and 2022, Hiroaki Kojima to establish BUGFILMS in 2021 (stayed until 2022), and Manabu Kawakita in 2022. Wouldn’t be surprised to see IMAGICA sell OLM in the future 🀷🏿‍♀️
Dec 27, 2023 10:43 PM

Jan 2018
ims-tokyo said:
0451 said:

I blame the downgrade in animation due to production transferring from OLM Team Kojima to OLM Team Masuda. Everything I’ve seen from Team Masuda has pretty meh production values, especially compared to Team Kojima. In addition, a lot of the episodes were outsourced to other studios, which was probably due to Masuda’s workline being busy with other works that were in-production simultaneously with Mix.

OLM has also been in a weird place recently due to recent cost cutting measures and consolidation of its work lines from IMAGICA — with many of the studio’s producers leaving as of late; such as for instance: Tsukasa Koitabashi in 2020, former SynergySP producers Ryousuke Sakurai and Isamu Abe in 2021 and 2022, Hiroaki Kojima to establish BUGFILMS in 2021 (stayed until 2022), and Manabu Kawakita in 2022. Wouldn’t be surprised to see IMAGICA sell OLM in the future 🀷🏿‍♀️

I had no idea. Mix Season 2 did seem like it was a low-priority project. I had no idea what was going on behind the scenes.

If OLM continues to have issues then I hope they won't be in charge of Season 3 or any future Adachi works. They deserve better.
Feb 18, 3:49 AM

Apr 2014
all i can say is im looking forward to season 3 when it comes

though it might be some time since how the manga releases

but still it'll be worth the wait when season 3 finally hits

my only thing with this season that didnt care for to much was the new ops and eds

like season one had much better well least i liked op1 and ed1 o season 1 which are still the best of the series so far but we'll see what season 3 brings when it happens

but yeah another amazing season of Mix

also it was nice to have Harada back wouldnt be a sequel to Touch if he wasnt around

now i wonder will tasuya will show up at some point or another

i really need to start reading the manga again enough should have built up by now so i can have a lot to look through

anyway with that said another amazing season and looking forward to the next
"one step at a time"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mix: Meisei Story - Nidome no Natsu, Sora no Mukou e Episode 2 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Apr 8, 2023

10 by esofdiamon »»
Aug 13, 5:24 AM

Poll: » Mix: Meisei Story - Nidome no Natsu, Sora no Mukou e Episode 1 Discussion

_MushiRock11_ - Apr 1, 2023

15 by esofdiamon »»
Aug 13, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Mix: Meisei Story 2nd Season - Nidome no Natsu, Sora no Mukou e Episode 3 Discussion

0451 - Apr 15, 2023

4 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Nov 18, 2023 8:45 PM

Poll: » Mix: Meisei Story 2nd Season - Nidome no Natsu, Sora no Mukou e Episode 21 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Sep 2, 2023

19 by Unkrowned »»
Oct 11, 2023 8:21 AM

» Manga after anime & chances of season 3

MrPerfectOtaku - Sep 23, 2023

7 by MrPerfectOtaku »»
Sep 30, 2023 1:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.