Forum Settings
Forums

Crayon Shin-chan Movie 31: Chounouryoku Daikessen - Tobe Tobe Temakizushi Episode 1 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2023 6:02 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
My first exposure to any media related to Shin-chan, I’ve finally made it over the line y’all, xD, I’ve already spent too much and vowed not to give in too much to the desires of my touristy-spree persona but this was a checklist begging for a while, so I just couldn’t help it. And there’s Sand Land later this month too, but I’ll leave that for then.

Anyways, on to the main chunk, there’s the elephant in the bag to address - 3D CGI animation. According to official sources, it took about 7 years to make, and you definitely see it here! I haven’t watched anything from the OG so I don’t really have much to compare with but, if you’re in a position like me, there’s hardly anything to complain about. It honestly felt like it was made for the show, lmao. 

There was a lot of humour throughout this movie which was pretty obvious from the promotional materials. In terms of the storyline, I honestly feel like the show would’ve been better with the end of the first battle. 20 and 23, that's not a hard puzzle at all, lmao. But then, they decided that I have a round two which just lost a bit of impact, if you ask me. I’ve been sleep deprived because of bingeing Genshiken the other day, lol, so that kind of made me doze off for a bit. Although, the conclusion with the villain becoming Shin-chan’s nakama was nice to see. 

Giving us some manga-like panels to show some of the aftermaths during the credits, I’m a sucker for these kinds of creative usages. And that was a heck of a movie theme song, expected no less from Sambomaster. Especially the part that goes, “it’s okay for you to be here, it’s okay for you to be here, the future is yours” or something along those lines feels really appropriate for the villain. 

I was going to go with an 8/10 but then I dozed off when the movie lost its way a little, so I'll settle with a strong 7/10 instead.

Edit: Just got home and Sambomaster's first take performance is out! What is with this crazy coincidence, lol.

@Pages_Pages Oh, that's interesting info I didn't know of, thanks! I'll make sure to check them out.
_MushiRock11_Jul 28, 12:03 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 27, 9:20 PM

Jun 2022
Reply to _MushiRock11_
My first exposure to any media related to Shin-chan, I’ve finally made it over the line y’all, xD, I’ve already spent too much and vowed not to give in too much to the desires of my touristy-spree persona but this was a checklist begging for a while, so I just couldn’t help it. And there’s Sand Land later this month too, but I’ll leave that for then.

Anyways, on to the main chunk, there’s the elephant in the bag to address - 3D CGI animation. According to official sources, it took about 7 years to make, and you definitely see it here! I haven’t watched anything from the OG so I don’t really have much to compare with but, if you’re in a position like me, there’s hardly anything to complain about. It honestly felt like it was made for the show, lmao. 

There was a lot of humour throughout this movie which was pretty obvious from the promotional materials. In terms of the storyline, I honestly feel like the show would’ve been better with the end of the first battle. 20 and 23, that's not a hard puzzle at all, lmao. But then, they decided that I have a round two which just lost a bit of impact, if you ask me. I’ve been sleep deprived because of bingeing Genshiken the other day, lol, so that kind of made me doze off for a bit. Although, the conclusion with the villain becoming Shin-chan’s nakama was nice to see. 

Giving us some manga-like panels to show some of the aftermaths during the credits, I’m a sucker for these kinds of creative usages. And that was a heck of a movie theme song, expected no less from Sambomaster. Especially the part that goes, “it’s okay for you to be here, it’s okay for you to be here, the future is yours” or something along those lines feels really appropriate for the villain. 

I was going to go with an 8/10 but then I dozed off when the movie lost its way a little, so I'll settle with a strong 7/10 instead.

Edit: Just got home and Sambomaster's first take performance is out! What is with this crazy coincidence, lol.

@Pages_Pages Oh, that's interesting info I didn't know of, thanks! I'll make sure to check them out.
@_MushiRock11_ The CG studio in question is probably Japan's best. I am going to watch the Stand by Me Doraemon films soon and I have yet to hear anything negative about them, whether it is story or animation.

The 2D studio is Shin Ei Animation, they have a stop motion and CG division now. I recommend that you check out there other works, it is worth your time.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3D CG looks really neat

Uutama - Mar 5, 2023

2 by HarusakiYorokobi »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.