Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 12, 2023 6:01 AM
Mar 2021
Is the movie is perfect LN adaption? As the score and reviews of LN i see a d read, the anime was bit underrated in my opinion! The plot was unique for me and i like the animation and voice actors did a decent job. What's your thoughts ?
Jun 12, 2023 7:48 AM
Apr 2023
The movie was really awesome i loved it, the concept of time is show properly, the animation the visuals are great, at 1 point i thought i was watching 1 of Makoto shinkai movies. I didn't read the LN but I read the manga version there were many things which were not show in the movie.But still i don't mind that at all The movie should have been a little longer though. Overall 10/10
Jun 12, 2023 8:21 AM
Feb 2022
i just finish it Like yesterday
Jun 12, 2023 10:02 AM

Nov 2020
I read the LN when it came out. This adaptation is far from perfect. They butchered the entire story by speed running many of the critical parts. Entire sections of the plot and characters were cut out. You know Kawasaki? The girl who has like 2 lines? Yeah no she actually exists in the LN and has her own role to play. All around terrible pacing, no setup, and no redeeming features. The LN is good, the movie isnt.
Jun 12, 2023 6:25 PM
Jul 2022
As a LN Reader, I would be lying if I say I was not disappointed by the movie. They really removed the plot areas which involved kawasaki.They removed the content like Anzu fight with kawasaki's boy friend, All three of them Anzu, Touno, kawasaki spend the fireworks scene together, the scene where Anzu and Touno were together in front of the school after Anzu told touno that she was called by editor and many more scene to be mentioned in the movie. They butchered of Kawasaki characters development and how scary Anzu can get and many more.

Still movie was good for only anime fans ,I was also quite satisfied. But I will still prefer LN over anime. The movie plot was good but far different from that of LN.
sourav_xaxaJun 12, 2023 9:51 PM
Jun 13, 2023 12:19 AM
Apr 2023
SpacemanSpiff357 said:
I read the LN when it came out. This adaptation is far from perfect. They butchered the entire story by speed running many of the critical parts. Entire sections of the plot and characters were cut out. You know Kawasaki? The girl who has like 2 lines? Yeah no she actually exists in the LN and has her own role to play. All around terrible pacing, no setup, and no redeeming features. The LN is good, the movie isnt.

Yeah it's common these days they change the whole plot and all. Many anime adaptation are different from the manga and LN
Jun 13, 2023 12:20 AM
Apr 2023
sourav_xaxa said:
As a LN Reader, I would be lying if I say I was not disappointed by the movie. They really removed the plot areas which involved kawasaki.They removed the content like Anzu fight with kawasaki's boy friend, All three of them Anzu, Touno, kawasaki spend the fireworks scene together, the scene where Anzu and Touno were together in front of the school after Anzu told touno that she was called by editor and many more scene to be mentioned in the movie. They butchered of Kawasaki characters development and how scary Anzu can get and many more.

Still movie was good for only anime fans ,I was also quite satisfied. But I will still prefer LN over anime. The movie plot was good but far different from that of LN.

yeah they changed so many things in the movie, it's kinda common these days to change the plot and all.There are many examples of anime that have different plot and ending example Akame ka kill, darling in the franx and so on
Jun 13, 2023 1:54 AM
Jul 2022
TrickyHunter0506 said:
sourav_xaxa said:

yeah they changed so many things in the movie, it's kinda common these days to change the plot and all.There are many examples of anime that have different plot and ending example Akame ka kill, darling in the franx and so on

That's why I prefer reading source material first and then going to watch anime. It just gives better clarity of things.
Jun 13, 2023 5:58 AM
Apr 2023
sourav_xaxa said:
TrickyHunter0506 said:

That's why I prefer reading source material first and then going to watch anime. It just gives better clarity of things.

If u read manga first then watch the Anime version later u will always get disappointed. Cause there are so many things when it comes to animate a particular scene.do they have that much budget to make it or something like that. I kinda watch anime and read manga simultaneously and I consider them both different. So in my opinion if u watch only the anime it's great or if u only read manga that's also great, but if u watching and reading the same just don't compare them with each other. It's obviously going to be different.
Jun 13, 2023 6:02 AM
Jul 2022
TrickyHunter0506 said:
sourav_xaxa said:

If u read manga first then watch the Anime version later u will always get disappointed. Cause there are so many things when it comes to animate a particular scene.do they have that much budget to make it or something like that. I kinda watch anime and read manga simultaneously and I consider them both different. So in my opinion if u watch only the anime it's great or if u only read manga that's also great, but if u watching and reading the same just don't compare them with each other. It's obviously going to be different.

that's also true I guess.
Jun 15, 2023 9:38 PM
Jan 2021
Oh man, where do I even start? Watching the first 10 minutes made me realize this adaptation will suck, and it did. They changed a lot of things in the movie. When I say a lot, I mean A LOT. The way the movie opened is just so disappointing because in the book it set the entire tone and mood of the entire story and how the characters were going to be. There is not a lot of backstory to the characters in the movie, the decisions they make do not make sense because it is never explained. Anzu's character is demolished in the movie and is nowhere near the same as the book. Anzu grew on the reader as the story went on and you could see a connection between her and Kaorou, but here it just felt forced. The way Kaorou said "thats good you have no parents" at the start came off so cringe because we don't know why he said this, because its never explained prior to it, in the book he says this cuz his dad abused him literallly the day before he said this shit to anzu (after she got in a fight with Kawasaki's "bf"). 
6/10 This is a clear example of how NOT to adapt a book. 
I always wanted a "three days of happiness" movie, but now I am afraid that if they do make it, it will ruin the entire book and its meaning.
If you want to enjoy the story the movie tried to tell, please read the book. The book is not a masterpiece and even the author said that its not supposed to be one, but its still a good and entertaining story. Read the BOOK.
I am just mad because I waited SO long to see this movie and it turned out like this. Very dissapointed.
Jun 17, 2023 11:43 AM

Oct 2018
I’m mostly a watcher as opposed to a a reader. The source material was my first time ever starting and actually finishing a LN instead of dropping it out of lack of commitment so this is my first time ever being able to compare a screen adaptation to its book source material. I know there’s always people to complain about adaptations and more often than not, even if an adaptation is good in itself the source material is almost always going to be better because they’re stories, characters and worlds that are crafted around their respective medium. But holy hell this movie felt fast as shittt. Again, I know you can’t ever expect these things to be 1:1 but it felt like i was watching the novel in fastfoward because of how fast things were progressing. And the reason it felt that way is because so much of the meat of the plot was just left out. Like sure, they showed all the main plot points but with none of the scenes in between them to develop the characters, their relationships, their internal struggles and the plot you basically just get a disjointed montage of scenes and call it a movie. There is zero development leading to the key plot points, plus the sudden closeness of their relationship from literally one scene to another without the context from the novel makes the romance feel shallow and forced when its really alot more. You get no chance to even develop an emotional investment or interest in your two main characters without it, just scenes of them being cute. Like honestly it helped being a source material reader because I dont know how you watch this without the context and have any idea whats going on. Like just from one scene to the other “oh yeah this happened btw” and expect you to just care about them or whats going on. It’s too bad because I feel that the source material really did a great job at showing the rawness of relationships between people and their internal struggles through all the conversations and internal dialogue and is where the real emotionalness about the story lied, making the whole overarching theme of it with the idea behind the tunnel and all those moments hit that much harder. 

Oh well. if anything, it was nice to at least see the novel in full animation regalia with how pretty the movie looked and sounded. Really gorgeous visuals with the colors and cinematography. I remember when I first saw the trailer I thought it was a Makoto Shinkai movie. That’s where I discovered it and subsequently bought it and read it. Honestly while it was super short and obviously not enough time, im not sure if even 20 more minutes could have saved it. They would have had to rework it from the ground up because obviously they didn’t find all those parts they cut out with the 2 other friends to be important enough to include, telling me they don’t seem to understand what makes an emotional story in a movie tick.
elle3113Jun 22, 2023 12:38 AM
Jun 20, 2023 10:17 AM
Apr 2023
This is what I was telling about, they didn't introduce these remaining characters in the movie, they each has a decent plot and was 1 of the reason why Touno and Hanashiro became close they would have greatly impacted the movie.
Jun 21, 2023 4:27 AM
Jun 2020
TrickyHunter0506 said:
This is what I was telling about, they didn't introduce these remaining characters in the movie, they each has a decent plot and was 1 of the reason why Touno and Hanashiro became close they would have greatly impacted the movie.
i was planning to read the light novel but when the adaptation was announced i decided not to and so i just finished watching the movie and im quite disappointed, might be better if I should read the light novel...
Jun 21, 2023 4:32 AM
Apr 2023
[quote=addie1998 message=69402774]
TrickyHunter0506 said:
i was planning to read the light novel but when the adaptation was announced i decided not to and so i just finished watching the movie and im quite disappointed, might be better if I should read the light novel...[/quote
addie1998 said:
TrickyHunter0506 said:
i was planning to read the light novel but when the adaptation was announced i decided not to and so i just finished watching the movie and im quite disappointed, might be better if I should read the light novel...
Why r u Disappointed the movie is not bad, few elements are missing from the movie but overall the aesthetics are great, Yeah sure u can read the LN and the Manga which is on going
Jun 22, 2023 12:37 AM

Oct 2018
addie1998 said:
TrickyHunter0506 said:
I saw a few movie-onlys say that the movie felt rushed even without having the knowledge of the missing stuff from the novel, and I agree, but it’s really only “disappointing” in comparison to the original work. The movie on its own when viewed as its own work is still pretty good and enjoyable I would say, and I read the novel a long time ago first. Def read the novel though if you’re interested.
Jun 25, 2023 9:14 PM
Jun 2021
This movie really did the novel a disservice
It was terribly rushed.
Jul 14, 2023 3:32 PM
Sep 2021
sxnchit said:
The way Kaorou said "thats good you have no parents" at the start came off so cringe because we don't know why he said this, because its never explained prior to it, in the book he says this cuz his dad abused him literallly the day before he said this shit to anzu

I just saw the movie and really, it's not that hard. He said it was good she didn't have parents, so I used my brain for a second and thought 'Oh, he must be having some problems with his parents'. It doesn't need to be spelled out, it's not rocket science.
DavidArcherJul 15, 2023 4:14 AM
Jul 14, 2023 4:11 PM

Mar 2014
DavidArcher said:
sxnchit said:
The way Kaorou said "thats good you have no parents" at the start came off so cringe because we don't know why he said this, because its never explained prior to it, in the book he says this cuz his dad abused him literallly the day before he said this shit to anzu

I just saw the movie and really, it's not that hard. He said he it was good she didn't have parents, so I used my brain for a second and thought 'Oh, he must be having some problems with his parents'. It doesn't need to be spelled out, it's not rocket science.
That really doesn't exuse like 70% percent of Sxnchit's comment though...they are right about pretty much everything.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 14, 2023 4:21 PM

Mar 2014
I'm glad to see that I'm not one of the few LN readers that came out of this movie feeling disappointed on how rushed this movie felt.

Good gravy, did they butch the original material. First off as a movie (If you're one of the lucky few who didn't read the LN) the film is solid, nice watch for it is.

However going into this film I was expecting to see the following and yet none of it;

Forgive if I missed anything but hot damn his film missed the target so badly. Its like having a KFC fried chicken, to only have the outer chicken skin all taken out and left with the chicken itself. You like the chicken...but its the CHICKEN SKIN that makes it all appealing (Weird analogy I know)

To conclude I thought the movie was decent, but I just didn't think it lived up to the original source and ruined what made the LN sooo lovely to read and enjoy.
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 14, 2023 4:26 PM
Sep 2021
HueyLion said:
DavidArcher said:

I just saw the movie and really, it's not that hard. He said he it was good she didn't have parents, so I used my brain for a second and thought 'Oh, he must be having some problems with his parents'. It doesn't need to be spelled out, it's not rocket science.
That really doesn't exuse like 70% percent of Sxnchit's comment though...they are right about pretty much everything.

Which is why I quoted this part and not the rest. My point is the film isn't hard to follow because of what was chosen to be adapted. Most people can handle following a narrative this simple.

If you think this or that should have been expanded that's fine. I don't have a problem with that.

More topics from this board

» the end of the movie. clarification

Phantom_373 - Jun 12, 2023

22 by Menace_07 »»
9 hours ago

» How can you make an adaptation as bad as this?

eleven_exists - Sep 23

22 by eleven_exists »»
Sep 24, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Natsu e no Tunnel, Sayonara no Deguchi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jutin123 - Sep 9, 2022

162 by Kurtones72 »»
Sep 11, 2:12 AM

» Isn't MC just a self centered, immature Brat (Spoilers of course) ( 1 2 )

Mathi786 - Aug 6

72 by Mathi786 »»
Aug 18, 8:43 AM

» (SPOILER) Why didn't Anzu...

hainq - Jul 27, 2023

21 by Mathi786 »»
Aug 6, 3:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.