Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 17, 2023 4:47 AM
Jul 2016
Hello, my fellow old hyouka fans, hopefully not all of you are old like me but I know most of us are old. I am sorry if you come here expecting the season 2 official announcement but unfortunately, I cant give you that. But my intuition said we are getting there soon enough.
It is almost 11 years since the first season aired as I wrote this message, and recently kyoto animation celebrate the 10th year hyouka tv anime anniversary in japan. I know that is not good enough to get our hopes high for season 2, but it is a positive sign that they still care about us.

Besides that anniversary, here is my copium sign that I encounter that makes me say we are getting season 2 soon :
1. All of the voice actors/actresses are still active in the anime industry. even some of them are getting really famous right now, for example Yuichi Nakamura (Oreki Houtarou) is playing Gojo Satoru right now, Saori Hayami (Kaho Jumonji) is playing Yor Forger, Ai Kayano (Mayaka Ibara) is playing Sylphiette. and the others also keep getting outstanding roles recently.
2. Kyoto Animation is slowly getting back on its feet again after that unfortunate last incident that killed hyouka tv anime director yasuhiro takemoto. I can't confirm this for sure, but I assume so because looking at them starting to join again in making anime each season (Tsurune S2 recently). I know Yasuhiro Takemoto work is exceptional and hard to replace but i think it can also seen as paying respect to him if kyoto animation can find someone good enough to finished this series.
3. Final light novel volume of hyouka which is the 7th volume is coming out shortly. Last year from the author (honobu yonezawa) twitter, he said that he is currently working on the 7th volume and it was almost done and it would be the final volume of oreki and the gang stories. Then we can safely assume that this 11 years of no continuation in term of tv animation series is because the source is not completed. We know honobu yonezawa already stating that the continuation is beyond his power. But if it already completed and i know so many of us waiting for it then there was no excuse left. In fact if some of you did not know, hyouka 22 anime episode is ended on volume 4th then it leave us with 3 volume left if the 7th volume is out. With that 3 volume i think we can make anime with 11 or 12 episode + 1 movie to ended it. and that would be perfect.

So there is the update from me about hyouka season 2, the best we can do is keep waiting for the 7th volume and keep spreading love for this anime so it would not be forgotten. I bet if the 7th volume out, the demand for next project is big. at this point im okay with maybe 2 final movie to end this series for good, but it would be nice if we get 12 eps anime and 1 movie. so cheers guys and lets keep praying!
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.