Forum Settings
Forums

Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken Volume 4 Discussion

The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2023 2:58 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
THIS IS A LIGHT NOVEL ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS VOLUME.
----------------------------------------
Despite first appearances, the development still keep going, some might not be pleased at the start with the MC, but they will once they finish, IMO the fact that we are only 4 volumes in and the romance already developed this far is MAJOR, the writer may say he is taking it slow but other LNs that focus on romance (and have more comedy), usually take way longer, and when it happens, it is near the end of the series, a good example being Toradora, which had 10 volumes.

My point is, despite the MC being a wuss, considering his context, I can't blame him and I have zero problems with how the writer chooses to take the development thus far, and we are FAR from the ending.

This volume was really crazy to read because some parts had me rolling over the bed due to the extra sweetness given, like those color illustrations for this volume, STELLAR, and they tease so much, and then you read those scenes~~

TBH I was not 100% happy with how the confession was handled, it was kinda anti-climatic, I m not annoyed with it thought because I really respect Mahiru's determination to push things forward, it is hard to read this series and not have her as your favorite, she is the center and the writer hits a great balance with her, despite having a more tame personality, especially at the beginning, she never got tiring, she is a box full of surprises, and it was really endearing to see their bantering.

Just like Spice and Wolf, this is one of those you read for the bantering between the leads, to take the most out of it. When you look at the synopsis of the series, it just doesn't make it justice, seeing is believing, same was for Sono Bisque Doll's Marin.

But yeah I felt the whole confession and how we get there could have been better handled, maybe create some drama there, to have the heart of the reader more vulnerable than strike while it is down, honestly, the major highlights were those scenes from color illustrations, mainly the "You are Adorable" and "I'm going to spoil you as much as I like, so just relax and enjoy it", there is no need to fully explain why these scenes are PEAK.

Sadly the volume kinda ends just at that scene, to that I said, fuck it, not waiting for the volume 5 release, and proceed to read the Web Novel, which is the right choice, you can find links here easily: "https://otonari-no-tenshi.fandom.com/wiki/The_Angel_Next_Door_Spoils_Me_Rotten_(Web_Novel)"

Right now all chapters translated will cover up to volume 8 of the LN, which was just released this past month, at the pace they are going, you will only see vol8 translated in 2024, NOPE, I NEED MOAR, RIGHT NOW! 
Whenever volume 5 comes I plan to read it out, this series is just that good, and I will probably follow for the rest of the translation too, the re-read potential is just too high, especially with more proper and polished writing.

Really one of the very best pure romance reads, vanilla stuff at its finest~~

Mod edit: title changed
-DxP-Jan 30, 2023 10:38 AM
Feb 5, 2023 7:55 AM

Mar 2018
With the way Amane was acting in the last volume, and the former half of this one too, I didn't really expect a confession to appear this early, even if it was apparent these two were smitten with each other. Pretty refreshing if I'm being honest. I know that Amane's past made it hard for him to have confidence in himself, so I can't really fault him for not confessing, and it also seemed that he knew Mahiru also loved him but he just avoided the signs and convinced himself that couldn't happen. 

While some parts of this volume overstayed their welcome and dragged on, it was an overall amazing experience, especially when the cute stuff happened. Hanekoto's art is also so good. 

As for the confession, I sorta expected Mahiru to be the one to initiate it; however, I was not expecting her to do it in the way she did. I honestly liked how the confession was handled at school, but I really want to know what set her off to do that- was it because she was just fed up one day and wanted to make it public, or was it because of the kiss? I don't really know. As for Amane, those last 6 pages were literally peak fiction. I've never had so much enjoyment and love for an ending as I did here. It was actually beautiful the way that was handled between his spoken words and inner thoughts; really shows how far he has come.

Looking forward till the 28th for Vol. 5, and after that, the web novel will be the next venture.

More topics from this board

» Otonari no Tenshi-sama ranks first for the best LN this year! Mahiru also ranks first for best girl 3 years in a row!

maplesyrup47 - Nov 24, 2023

7 by aurora_yuuki »»
Oct 19, 12:30 AM

» Where the anime end?

Dije - May 21, 2023

11 by Playcool »»
Jul 27, 3:24 PM

» Angel next door LN volume 8

Tdhfxgjdk - Mar 30, 2023

5 by K_Abhishek »»
Apr 6, 11:40 AM

» Should I read the manga rather than the LN?

medievalknight12 - Jan 19

3 by medievalknight12 »»
Jan 19, 10:36 PM

Poll: » Otonari no Tenshi-sama ni Itsunomanika Dame Ningen ni Sareteita Ken Volume 5.5 Discussion

FragmantLemon - Oct 4, 2023

1 by briandashoota7 »»
Oct 5, 2023 6:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.