Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 8, 2022 8:38 PM

May 2022
I'm talking about the gun episode! Koguma is spending Saturdays and Saturday nights at Reiko's cabin. And 16 year old Reiko keeps a loaded revolver on the table?!?!?! Is this a dream sequence? I don't think so. I think these young ladies have gone feral, living alone, riding motorcycles, playing with altitude sickness, traveling alone on the school trip, playing with guns...

I was under the impression that guns, especially handguns, were highly regulated in Japan. I suspect that gun is not legal or registered. But is it possible that her family gave her the gun to defend herself? And she does appear to live in a rural or isolated location. I could see a 16 year-old being given a gun for self-protection if this were set in Alabama or Arkansas, but is this a thing in Japan? Even in rural Yamanashi Prefecture?

What is the purpose of this scene? To establish that the girls are completely independent, living alone without adult supervision? To emphasize the risks involved in riding motorcycles, living alone in isolation? Or to show the freedom these young women are experiencing, able to choose for themselves where to travel, what to eat, what to do on the weekend?

This manga needs a special warning label with every other chapter, one that begins with, "Please do not try this at home..."
OG_OtakuDec 9, 2022 9:25 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Super Cub Chapter 40 Discussion

OG_Otaku - Feb 19, 2023

0 by OG_Otaku »»
Feb 19, 2023 6:13 PM

Poll: » Super Cub Chapter 39 Discussion

OG_Otaku - Dec 9, 2022

1 by Hayley2877 »»
Jan 9, 2023 6:31 AM

» Possible reference to Yuru Camp?

SidzV - Nov 20, 2022

2 by SidzV »»
Dec 11, 2022 12:37 PM

Poll: » Super Cub Chapter 12 Discussion

OG_Otaku - Dec 8, 2022

0 by OG_Otaku »»
Dec 8, 2022 7:53 PM

Poll: » Super Cub Chapter 11 Discussion

OG_Otaku - Dec 8, 2022

0 by OG_Otaku »»
Dec 8, 2022 7:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.