Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 19, 2022 4:18 AM

Nov 2018
I can't find this anime anywhere online. Is it not available to watch?

Respond if you know (links to anime if you could). Thanks.
MAL EMOJIS - Get your specially formatted emojis for MAL forums.

Dec 4, 2022 12:15 PM
Oct 2020
_cjessop19_ said:
I can't find this anime anywhere online. Is it not available to watch?

Respond if you know (links to anime if you could). Thanks.
I came in the form section hoping to find some info regarding this anime, but seems like u did not find anything either :(((
Mar 7, 2023 7:43 PM

Feb 2016
I've heard of this anime before.
https://tezukainenglish.com/wp/?page_id=882
And so, despite some early production challenges, Jungle Emperor debuted on Fuji TV on October 6, 1965 and completed a very successful run of all 52 episodes on September 28, 1966. Usually considered Japan’s first full-colour animated television series, it was beaten to the punch six months earlier by a three-episode (and largely forgotten) television program called Prince Dolphin. However, given the difference in scope (52 weekly episodes vs. 3 one-offs), Jungle Emperor deserves its distinction.

But the MAL synopsis says it's black and white...
その目だれの目?
Jun 11, 3:06 PM

Jan 2013
So searched a bit and I'm not sure about how much of each information is accurate:
-With the deal agreed to, Terebi Doga launched production again, preparing the elements of both Dolphin Prince, (the three monochrome episodes re-worked and re-shot in color), and the 13 completed episodes of Hang On! Marine Kid for use in the new series, as well as gearing up to producing 62 more new episodes as required to produce the complete 78-episode run.
-In anisearch (https://www.anisearch.com/anime/1493,dolphin-ouji/episodes) they mention the english name of the first dolphin ouji episode as "The Green Monster" that is coincidentally the name of the first episode of Marine Boy in the english dvd version (and 73rd episode on the japanese dvd).

So it's entirely possible all episodes were put in Marine Boy with different titles!

Reminder that a remaster is a different entry for MAL anyway, it was just a way to look at the story of this thing as there was never a physical release and I could not find a single screening past 1965.
The black and white prototype has to be considered a lost anime if there is no further information.
flammeurJun 12, 1:55 AM
If my portion of anime seen ever gets lower than 10% of the database, consider me dead.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.