Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 25, 2022 8:38 PM

Apr 2018
For sure there will be another season of Superstar considering Kanon is a 2nd Year in this season. The real question is how many new members will be getting next season? Will there be no new members like the K-On girls in their 3rd Year? Will it be 3? Or maybe 6?
Jul 25, 2022 9:13 PM

Jul 2020
We only had 2 episodes slow down thinking about season 3
Jul 25, 2022 9:17 PM

Jun 2014
Sorry that it's not directly on-topic, but since having a third season seems super likely now, it makes me wonder if they're gonna win LL this season.

Before the new girls were revealed, it seemed plain as day Liella would win in S2. But knowing a third season is likely to come, if they win in S2, I wonder what they'd work towards in S3. Also ep 1 raised flags for me, with people calling them shoo-ins for the finals given that SunnyPa hyped them up.

---

Anyway back on topic, I'm not sure how to feel. It would be pretty weird to have 0 new girls in their third year (and also unrealistic - and imo SS is the most grounded LL series), but idk if I want more girls. Just feels like there'd be too many. Even 12 in Niji is a lot to me.
Jul 25, 2022 9:46 PM

May 2021
This is the first LL series to have a chance of season 3. Me myself is also expecting there will be a new member next season. But at the same time I also feel like it would be too much. There's 3 active LL group right now.

So yeah we don't know, heck even we don't know if there will be a season 3 or a movie.
Hello everyone, i like Slice of Life and CGDCT (Cute Girls Doing Cute Thing) anime.
I'm also like to make a lot of friends online, so feel free to add me as a friend or invite me to a club :)

Jul 25, 2022 11:30 PM
Nov 2020
Don't expect too much. If Sakurako and the director Kyougoku do their thing on LL! to make a 3rd season or adding a girl? Just wait for it since LL! focus on "Virtual School Idol" after Superstar 2nd season ends
Jul 27, 2022 8:09 AM

Feb 2022
Naneo said:
This is the first LL series to have a chance of season 3. Me myself is also expecting there will be a new member next season. But at the same time I also feel like it would be too much. There's 3 active LL group right now.

So yeah we don't know, heck even we don't know if there will be a season 3 or a movie.

nijigasaki will for sure have a season 3
"K-On! fan!" "Love live! fan!"
Jul 27, 2022 6:46 PM

Aug 2011
Azusa_Nakano_Fan said:

nijigasaki will for sure have a season 3

Nijigasaki not a love live
Jul 27, 2022 8:05 PM

Feb 2022
I don't get what you mean, It is 'Love Live Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai'. The only other thing I can think that you mean is that they haven't competed in the Love Live! but they were talking about competeing last season.

Please let me know what you mean
"K-On! fan!" "Love live! fan!"
Jul 27, 2022 11:46 PM
Apr 2022
From watching season one, there's still a long way to go:

They won the regional preliminaries (results in Episode 11), then they competed over did the live stream in their local street in their Preliminary Finals aka Tokyo Regionals, on Christmas day where they lost to Sunny Passion and got 2nd place. Thus Sunny Passion would represent Tokyo again at the LL Grand finals (held in that huge stadium), which you see that they eventually ended up winning in the opening scene of Season 2 Ep 1.

Even Sound Euphonium took 2 seasons for them to reach their own grand finals, when the main characters were in their first year, a similar path of character development, drama and community performances too. They had their local prefectural competition (Season 1 Ep 13), then the Kansai Regional Competition (Season 2 Ep 5), then they had the final National competition (Season 2 Ep 12).

Thus, if we get a Season 3 of LL SS, first we know in Season 2, we likely get a new rival School Idol group. Looks like Sunny Passion is also still an obstacle (no mention of retirement?). And to win LL Nationals before they finish their 3rd year of high school, looks like they have to win 3 times. A similar 24 episode arc across 2 seasons can flesh out the story and characters.

If everything is going to be complete by Season 2, similar to previous LL series, a 12 episode season would feel very rushed, if we think they are going to win the National LL tournament this season which is 3 big competitions, so at least up to Tokyo Regionals would be realistically achievable again, just like Season 1. It did feel rushed towards the last few episodes there though.

About getting new members? If we think about this season, where we are almost at episode 3, and still Mei, Shiki and Natsumi havent joined yet, then they need their own character development arcs so they would bond with us, the audience, and get to know them (just like what happened with our main 5 characters in season1). I'd also like to know who this supposed new rival individual/group is. Then things would need to escalate quickly from episode 8 onwards for them to compete in the finals by Episode 12.

Also, they would need to defeat their local rivals and incumbent champions Sunny Passion in the Tokyo Regionals, (as they represent the same area); then in the National Finals face off against this new rival group?

So far, they dont look like they are rushing things, though its still too early to say. I cant say if they are going to split the team's year across 2 seasons like what KyoAni did for Sound Euphonium, but from speculating about the plot structure above, looks like theres alot to be done for a 12 episode season.
thehornedratJul 27, 2022 11:54 PM
Jul 27, 2022 11:53 PM

Apr 2014
Probably three.
There is a fanbase zodiac theory.
Chisato - February 25 (Pisces)
Kinako - April 10 (Aries)
Kanon - May 1 (Taurus)
Shiki - June 17 (Gemini)
Keke - July 17 (Cancer)
Natsumi - August 7 (Leo)
Sumire - September 28 (Libra)
Mei - October 29 (Scorpio)
Ren - November 24 (Sagittarius)

What are missing are January, March, and December.

Just 2 cents
何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 31, 2022 3:11 PM

Jun 2014
Azusa_Nakano_Fan said:
I don't get what you mean, It is 'Love Live Nijigasaki Gakuen School Idol Doukoukai'. The only other thing I can think that you mean is that they haven't competed in the Love Live! but they were talking about competeing last season.

Please let me know what you mean

I think they just mean that Nijigasaki is a spin-off project from the Love Live series, and is technically not considered to be a part of the main franchise.

sources:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Live!_Nijigasaki_High_School_Idol_Club
love-live.fandom.com/wiki/Love_Live!_Nijigasaki_High_School_Idol_Club
Aug 30, 2022 12:59 AM
Jul 2014
iunne said:
Sorry that it's not directly on-topic, but since having a third season seems super likely now, it makes me wonder if they're gonna win LL this season.

Before the new girls were revealed, it seemed plain as day Liella would win in S2. But knowing a third season is likely to come, if they win in S2, I wonder what they'd work towards in S3. Also ep 1 raised flags for me, with people calling them shoo-ins for the finals given that SunnyPa hyped them up.

---

Anyway back on topic, I'm not sure how to feel. It would be pretty weird to have 0 new girls in their third year (and also unrealistic - and imo SS is the most grounded LL series), but idk if I want more girls. Just feels like there'd be too many. Even 12 in Niji is a lot to me.

Though, if they do win love live this season, the goal could be the same as Sunny Passion. Sunny Passion's goal is to win a second love live because nobody has so far in history.
Aug 30, 2022 7:37 AM

Jun 2014
aphtrashqueen said:
iunne said:

---

Though, if they do win love live this season, the goal could be the same as Sunny Passion. Sunny Passion's goal is to win a second love live because nobody has so far in history.

Very true. That could be interesting, as long as they don't make S3 super repetitive/dragged out.
But also Keke's family situation has sort of been "hush-hush" for awhile now, so I'm expecting that to be a point of drama. But it feels like that would require them to fail.
Aug 30, 2022 8:18 AM

Apr 2018
iunne said:
aphtrashqueen said:

Very true. That could be interesting, as long as they don't make S3 super repetitive/dragged out.
But also Keke's family situation has sort of been "hush-hush" for awhile now, so I'm expecting that to be a point of drama. But it feels like that would require them to fail.

100% sure the upcoming movie will a trip to China, aka visiting Keke's family

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 25, 2022

43 by Myetx »»
Yesterday, 5:44 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 21, 2022

39 by Myetx »»
Oct 22, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Aug 14, 2022

50 by Myetx »»
Oct 22, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 17, 2022

60 by Myetx »»
Oct 16, 5:01 AM

» Any News on the English Dub?

TheOmniPantheon - Jul 2, 2023

2 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Oct 2, 12:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.