Forum Settings
Forums

'Toku: Touken Ranbu - Hanamaru - Setsugetsuka' Trilogy Announces Additional Cast, Second Movie's Trailer

New
Jun 9, 2022 10:18 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
The official website of the Toku: Touken Ranbu - Hanamaru - Setsugetsuka trilogy revealed additional cast, a key visual, trailer for the second movie, Tsuki no Maki, on Friday. The movie will open in Japan on July 8.

Cast
Hyuuga Masamune: Yuuki Kaji (Nanatsu no Taizai)
Azuki Nagamitsu: Yoshihisa Kawahara (Nana)
Kenshin Kagemitsu: Tsubasa Yonaga (IDOLiSH7)
Kotegiri Gou: Yuuya Hirose (SSSS.Gridman)
Buzen Gou: Taku Yashiro (Seijo no Maryoku wa Bannou Desu)
Chiyoganemaru: Tarusuke Shingaki (Noblesse)
Chatannakiri: Shuugo Nakamura (The iDOLM@STER SideM)
Nenekirimaru: Kenichirou Matsuda (DRAMAtical Murder)
Kuwana Gou: Kento Itou (Hypnosis Mic: Division Rap Battle - Rhyme Anima)
Matsui Gou: Shunichi Toki (A3! Season Spring & Summer)
Suishinshi Masahide: Atsushi Abe (Princess Connect! Re:Dive)
Minamoto Kiyomaro: Kenji Akabane (Sekai Saikou no Ansatsusha, Isekai Kizoku ni Tensei suru)
Onimaru Kunitsuna: Toshiyuki Morikawa (Black Clover)
Sanchoumou: Kazuhiko Inoue (Natsume Yuujinchou)

Voice actors Toshiki Masuda (Bishounen Tanteidan) and Mitsuhiro Ichiki (Zoku Touken Ranbu: Hanamaru) are performing the second movie's theme song "Hana no Utage'' as their characters Kashuu Kiyomitsu and Yamatonokami Yasusada, respectively. The trailer below previews the theme song.

The first movie in the trilogy, Yuki no Maki, premiered in Japan on May 20. The third and final movie, Hana no Maki, is scheduled for a September 1 opening.

Trailer

Source: animate Times
Jun 10, 2022 1:59 AM
Feb 2014
Upon actually taking a look at the official site, i have to say that i'm very disappointed in Hizen's design, they actually managed to make one of the most beautiful swords look ugly...... :(

He looks soooo much better in the game, in the anime he looks like a totally different person!!!!!

They made him have small beady eyes, when his pupils in the game were much bigger, he was also given lines under his eyes like he has eyebags, when in the game he had no such thing!!!!!!

It was only his hair casting shadows on his eyes, idiots, and not eyebags, get it right!!!!!!!! >:(

Similarly, Koryuu and Daihannya look a little off too, definitely Koryuu looks more beautiful in the game as well but the difference is not as huge as with what they did to Hizen, were the difference is like between night and day!!!!!!!!

Given that both (Koryuu and Daihannya) are drawn by the same artist in the game, i think the anime staff just has a hard time properly replicating their art style or something....

I have no further complaints about the others, they either look similar as they are in the game (Which in some cases like with Azuki means he is still just as beautiful and in other cases means they are just as ugly as in the game) Or they made some of the less appealing ones actually look better in the anime lol.

However, i could have gotten used to Koryuu and Daihannya but i will NOT forgive the travesty that they did to poor Hizen!!!!!!!!!!! I will still watch the movies of course, but this has left a very sour taste in my mouth, they completely mistreated one of my favorite swords like this!!!!!!!!!!! Poor Hizen did NOT deserve this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280

More topics from this board

» Webtoon 'The Beginning After The End' Gets TV Anime in 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

31 by -Noir-- »»
5 minutes ago

» 'Boku no Kokoro no Yabai Yatsu' Announces Movie Adaptation

Vindstot - Sep 29

20 by middle_pickup »»
44 minutes ago

» Light Novel 'Blade & Bastard' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

9 by Rimuru0001 »»
4 hours ago

» Light Novel 'Eris no Seihai' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

10 by uncleqrow »»
4 hours ago

» 'Zenshuu.' Unveils Additional Cast, Second Teaser Promo for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Oct 18

6 by MichaelJackson »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.