Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 14, 2022 11:27 PM

Apr 2018
Do you guys know more anime like this one, I have already seen all of the anime from its recommended section.

Apr 15, 2022 12:30 AM
Jul 2021
Aishiteruze Baby
Apr 15, 2022 1:39 AM
Jul 2020
How about Hanasaku Iroha
Apr 15, 2022 1:49 AM
Jan 2022
NekoZamurai said:
Do you guys know more anime like this one, I have already seen all of the anime from its recommended section.

You should check out Hanasaku Iroha
Apr 15, 2022 2:18 AM
Jul 2018
NekoZamurai said:

"Ascendance of a Bookworm", if you found "Deaimon's" "Itsuka" "Kawaii" (Cute), then you'll probably say the same for "Main", in addition, the story is a good balance of both "Slice of Life" and "Moving Plot" like we're seeing in Deaimon.
Apr 15, 2022 7:14 AM
Sep 2021
Barakamon and Bunny drop are really good for wholesome parenting anime. Barakamon is more about personal growth while Bunny drop is more about parenting in general.

Oh, but remember not to touch the bunny drop manga with a 2756 ft pole. Trust me, you'll thank me.
Apr 19, 2022 6:38 PM

May 2015
Definitely check out Hanasaku Iroha
Apr 20, 2022 1:01 PM

Feb 2019
Has some slightly 'darker' vibe to it at times, but shares many similarities in motiv and polish; Kakushigoto!

I even would be surprised nobody dropped the title already, if I didn't practially ignored it myself when it aired last year. Only recently I stumbled over it again and finally watched it and I'm glad I did - it's a (nearly) hidden gem not many are talking about for some reason...

Apr 20, 2022 3:19 PM

Jul 2014
I can only think Usagi Drop
Apr 20, 2022 3:41 PM
Mar 2021
Barakamon has somewhat similar vibes, although it's a lot more laugh out loud funny. It also features a cute girl that develops a bond with an adult guy that has some maturing to do, although Naru is younger and a total ball of energy that is constantly Up to Something.
Apr 20, 2022 4:29 PM

May 2021
For some cute father-daughter moments, check out Spy X Family.

Apr 23, 2022 4:16 AM
Aug 2020
Waveshaper said:
Has some slightly 'darker' vibe to it at times, but shares many similarities in motiv and polish; Kakushigoto!

I even would be surprised nobody dropped the title already, if I didn't practially ignored it myself when it aired last year. Only recently I stumbled over it again and finally watched it and I'm glad I did - it's a (nearly) hidden gem not many are talking about for some reason...

Kakushigoto is goated. I feel same vibes from deaimon
May 1, 2022 1:26 PM

Nov 2021
Yes, Hanasaku Iroha and Barakamon are very similar, but I'll recommend Tamayura. The way how Itsuka search (more) for her father, always remember me for Fuu no matter in difference in "status"...
May 4, 2022 5:26 AM
Apr 2022
I recommend Tamako Market, kinda similar with Deaimon. you have to watch it
May 5, 2022 9:42 AM

Jun 2009
Hiya! It looks like you already have Poco's Udon World, Barakamon, and Usagi Drop on your list, which are ones I'd have recommended. But I didn't see Amaama to Inazuma (Sweetness and Lightning) there, so I'd recommend giving that one a try! It's by far the most similar to all of those shows, although it does have an additional focus on food/gourmet.

I also agree that Hanasaku Iroha is a pretty good show too and has sort of a similar vibe, and maybe also Shiroi Suna no Aquatrope from the same studio, although it deviates a lot from the "adult caring for a kid" approach seen in Deaimon/Poco/Barakamon/Sweetness/Usagi.
In this same vein, I support the Tamayura rec! It's does have a little more of a traditional "cute girls doing cute things" moe vibe than anything else in this thread. (Which is why I personally didn't enjoy Tamayura, but I enjoyed everything else mentioned here so far!)

Spy x Family is a wonderful show and focuses a lot more on comedy and a bit less of slice of life than the above recs, but I second it as a great and wholesome series that does lean into the found family theme!! I'm really enjoying it!

My last recs are Ishuukan Friends and Kimi to Boku (in part because of Deaimon, but also in part because you enjoyed Takana-Kun is Always Listless). They have a similar, laid-back slice of life vibe to a lot of these shows, although I do find their themes to be quite different from Deiamon/Poco/Barakamon/Sweetness/Usagi/etc. I watched them both around the time I watched Tanaka-kun and the vibes are really similar imo. But Ishuukan Friends has a light school romance theme that may be off putting to you, and Kimi to Boku is more of a school slice of life that's sort of more like Tamayura, but with a focus on boys and with a bit more comedy (and some romance in season 2), which doesn't jive with everyone. But both are still very laid back and I'd say that I definitely enjoyed them!

tl;dr: My biggest rec is Amaama to Inazuma, but the other recommendations here have been great too! And you may or may not also enjoy Shiroi Suna no Aquatrope, Ishuukan Friends, and Kimi to Boku as well, which are more distant in theme, but sort of similar in vibe.

I hope you find some similar shows that you enjoy! Good luck!!
survivingphoenixJan 14, 2023 10:31 AM

Do not seek to emulate the past, for there is no law that can suffice for all time.

May 5, 2022 11:33 AM
Jan 2016
Tsuki Ga Kirei, Tonikaku Kawaii
May 5, 2022 7:02 PM
Aug 2019
survivingphoenix said:
Hiya! It looks like you already have Poco's Udon World, Barakomon, and Usagi Drop on your list, which are ones I'd have recommended. But I didn't see Amaama to Inazuma (Sweetness and Lightning) there, so I'd recommend giving that one a try! It's by far the most similar to all of those shows, although it does have an additional focus on food/gourmet.

I also agree that Hanasaku Iroha is a pretty good show too and has sort of a similar vibe, and maybe also Shiroi Suna no Aquatrope from the same studio, although it deviates a lot from the "adult caring for a kid" approach seen in Deaimon/Poco/Barakomon/Sweetness/Usagi.
In this same vein, I support the Tamayura rec! It's does have a little more of a traditional "cute girls doing cute things" moe vibe than anything else in this thread. (Which is why I personally didn't enjoy Tamayura, but I enjoyed everything else mentioned here so far!)

Spy x Family is a great show and focuses a lot more on comedy and a bit less of slice of life than the above recs, but I second it as a great and wholesome series that does lean into the found family theme!! I'm really enjoying it!

My last recs are Ishuukan Friends and Kimi to Boku (in part because of Deaimon, but also in part because you enjoyed Takana-Kun is Always Listless). They have a similar, laid-back slice of life vibe to a lot of these shows, although I do find their themes to be quite different from Deiamon/Poco/Barakomon/Sweetness/Usagi/etc. I watched them both around the time I watched Tanaka-kun and the vibes are really similar imo. But Ishuukan Friends has a light school romance theme that may be off putting to you, and Kimi to Boku is more of a school slice of life that's sort of more like Tamayura, but with a focus on boys and with a bit more comedy (and some romance in season 2), which doesn't jive with everyone. But both are still very laid back and I'd say that I definitely enjoyed them!

tl;dr: My biggest rec is Amaama to Inazuma, but the other recommendations here have been great too! And you may or may not also enjoy Shiroi Suna no Aquatrope, Ishuukan Friends, and Kimi to Boku as well, which are more distant in theme, but sort of similar in vibe.

I hope you find some similar shows that you enjoy! Good luck!!

yes very good recommendation, I also agree. amaama to Inazuma is great and others might try too: Flying Witch or Doukyonin wa Hiza.
May 5, 2022 9:55 PM

Apr 2016
+1 for Hanasaku Iroha and Barakamon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Deaimon Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2022

38 by Yokhan »»
Sep 3, 10:29 AM

» Nagomu knows who Itsuka's father is, right?

MumenWriter - Jul 28, 2022

15 by Ahash »»
Jun 15, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Deaimon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2022

62 by Supremestrawhat »»
Jun 10, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Deaimon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2022

111 by Supremestrawhat »»
Jun 9, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Deaimon Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2022

53 by wildhood »»
May 29, 7:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.