Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2022 4:20 AM

Dec 2009
I haven't read his other One-Shots yet since I first found this, but I'll be shocked if this doesn't become a manga.
'Seems crazy that he didn't get a manga yet since 2016.

The concept of a high school monster girl living in a normal setting is fairly simple, but story's like this with this simplicity are extremely intriguing and great in potential for the evolution of a protagonist and their surroundings with the unknown supernatural of their identity.
It's arguably unoriginal, with several being cliche, predictable or basic, but even if they aren't more than extraordinary and masterful, these type of stories are very enjoyable to me.

In this case,
A half dragon high school girl who suddenly wakes up with horns, learning from her mother that she's part dragon from her father.
The hilarity of it all is her mother's uncaring lazy and overall nonchalant attitude towards this discovery, while Ruri accepts that fact and decides to deal with her day normally by not skipping school.
In the process, she's stared at by strangers, and surrounded by her peers, touching her horns, then when she sneezes, she breathed out fire, which causes her to bleed and hurts her throat.
Later complaining to her mother for explanations, she meets her dragon father in his shrine, where she flies on his back and laughs in joy. After that, as her mother wished, they took a picture together.

It's all very entertaining and goddamn adorable. 8/10.
Mar 5, 2022 10:01 AM

May 2021
If i had horns i would be freaking out
Everyone touches da horns
Karva1Mar 5, 2022 8:56 PM
Inhales oxygen
May 12, 2022 11:47 PM

Jul 2021
she was curious too about how her parents did the work to make her lmao
May 26, 2022 12:51 AM

Nov 2019
waalex11 said:
I haven't read his other One-Shots yet since I first found this, but I'll be shocked if this doesn't become a manga.
'Seems crazy that he didn't get a manga yet since 2016.

The concept of a high school monster girl living in a normal setting is fairly simple, but story's like this with this simplicity are extremely intriguing and great in potential for the evolution of a protagonist and their surroundings with the unknown supernatural of their identity.
It's arguably unoriginal, with several being cliche, predictable or basic, but even if they aren't more than extraordinary and masterful, these type of stories are very enjoyable to me.

In this case,
A half dragon high school girl who suddenly wakes up with horns, learning from her mother that she's part dragon from her father.
The hilarity of it all is her mother's uncaring lazy and overall nonchalant attitude towards this discovery, while Ruri accepts that fact and decides to deal with her day normally by not skipping school.
In the process, she's stared at by strangers, and surrounded by her peers, touching her horns, then when she sneezes, she breathed out fire, which causes her to bleed and hurts her throat.
Later complaining to her mother for explanations, she meets her dragon father in his shrine, where she flies on his back and laughs in joy. After that, as her mother wished, they took a picture together.

It's all very entertaining and goddamn adorable. 8/10.

My friend, the manga has been announced now
May 26, 2022 2:06 AM

Jan 2018
It's been a long time coming for him. Happy that Ruri dragon got serialized.
May 26, 2022 4:56 AM

Dec 2009
@XeozTn9
Fuck yeah! I had no idea. Thank you!
I'm not surprised. Can't wait to read it, and hopefully it gets licensed in case scanlators do a lesser job or eventually drop it.
... I can't find his new twitter though.
waalex11May 26, 2022 5:03 AM
Jun 12, 2022 1:49 PM

Apr 2018
Just saw it pop up on Manga Plus and gave it a go. I'm really glad that I went through with my decision. I'm really loving it so far. The first chapter was adorable and hilarious at the same time. The dynamic between the mother and Ruri is just so amazing. I died laughing in the first 2-3 pages with their straight up dry humor. Seems like we're in for a ride.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 12, 2022 10:46 PM
Jul 2017
Man, I'm happy this got a serialization actually, my only problem is that it's published in the WSJ... And a SoL like this doesn't usually last long in Jump.
Let's hope Japanese audiences like it and they don't end up axing it with 2-3 vols.
KanyuuJun 12, 2022 10:56 PM
Jul 11, 2022 11:44 PM

Aug 2018
A girl, half dragon.
It was good. I wanted to see what it was like and I liked it a lot, now I'm going to read the normal version.
Jul 27, 2022 3:22 PM
Oct 2020
Ok how did her mom fuck the dragon? Also this looks pretty good. I hope the authors hiatus doesn't cause the manga to be axed. Anyways I wonder if she can just sprout wings out of her back too?
Dec 3, 2022 5:51 AM

Apr 2021
I've read the One-shot and the first chapter of the main series. And tbh, I like Ruri's mother in the main series more than this one.
Dec 13, 2022 3:45 PM
Apr 2019
So you're telling me her mom got dicked down by a 100ft dragon
Apr 16, 2023 6:46 PM

May 2021
It was a kind of good one-shot.
Jun 23, 2023 9:32 AM

Jun 2021
It kinda reminds me of Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.
Jul 24, 10:31 PM
Mar 2024
I really like ruri dragon and I was so happy when it came back from its break. I feel like shonen jump needed something new and exciting that was given more than 2 months to flourish into something enjoyable

More topics from this board

» Official Ruri Dragon One-Shot Dub

waalex11 - Jan 16, 2022

0 by waalex11 »»
Jan 16, 2022 4:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.