Forum Settings
Forums

Second Season of 'Megaton-kyuu Musashi' Announced for Fall 2022

New
Dec 9, 2021 6:23 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
The official website of the Megaton-kyuu Musashi (Megaton Musashi) multimedia project announced a second season for the television anime on Friday. The new season will premiere in Fall 2022.

Synopsis
In an ordinary town, there are people who live a peaceful and fulfilling life. But they don't know that it is a false peace. The untold truth... The earth has already been destroyed...

99.9% of the human race has been wiped out by a mysterious alien force from outer space. The enemy is named "Dracters." Eventually, a large hole was drilled in the earth and terraformed into a suitable environment for the aliens to live. Humans have no choice but to hide in shelters to escape their eyes. Waiting for the day of resurrection, which they do not know when it will come...

The inhabitants of the shelter Ixia have had their memories of the day of destruction erased, and live a normal life without knowing anything about it. However, some of them, the "chosen ones," have become pilots, driving giant robots called "Rogue" and fighting against aliens. Today, another new pilot is selected... (Source: Crunchyroll, edited)

Game developer Level-5 originally announced the media-mix project in 2016, which includes a television anime, video game, and a net anime spin-off titled After School. The project was initially scheduled to launch in 2017, but was later postponed. The television anime produced by animation studio OLM began airing on October 1.

Official site: https://www.megaton-musashi.jp/portal/anime/
Official Twitter: @musashi_project

Source: Anime Recorder

Megaton-kyuu Musashi 2nd Season on MAL
VindstotDec 14, 2021 12:16 AM

Dec 9, 2021 6:33 PM

Aug 2015
Dang, that was fast
Controversial opinions
Dec 9, 2021 8:11 PM
Dec 2017
This gets season 2 while tons of other series are stuck In season 1 for all eternity. Smh
Dec 10, 2021 5:48 AM

Jul 2017
Yep, developer Level-5 already thinking ahead before their ambitions get too hot.

AFAIK that Season 1 didn't have any subs licensees which is the current state right now, then don't expect Season 2 to have FuniRoll subs, rely on fansubs instead.
Dec 10, 2021 6:19 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Very interesting how this got a sequel so quick lol

The show isn't bad but it isn't anything special either so I'm pretty surprised to see this piece of news
Dec 10, 2021 8:51 AM

Jan 2009
its more likely it was planned to be a split cour or 2 cour from the very start

as sakugablog says once an anime project starts its like a freight train that is hard to stop even if it flops
Dec 10, 2021 10:22 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
KANLen09 said:
Yep, developer Level-5 already thinking ahead before their ambitions get too hot.

AFAIK that Season 1 didn't have any subs licensees which is the current state right now, then don't expect Season 2 to have FuniRoll subs, rely on fansubs instead.

Is this show any better than Amaim Warrior at the Borderline?
Dec 10, 2021 11:50 AM

Nov 2008
Good, now lets hope Kyoukai Senki also gets a 2nd season.

Dec 10, 2021 1:05 PM

Dec 2010
Vindstot said:
a net anime spin-off titled After School.

Are we sure this thing even exists? The only thing I found was some news from 2016. On another note you should probably add the Promo/Pilot episode to the site.

Hoppy said:
Good, now lets hope Kyoukai Senki also gets a 2nd season.

That one has always been set for 25 episodes.
Dec 10, 2021 6:29 PM

Jan 2020
AddaeAkono said:
KANLen09 said:

Far better imo. Way more fun mecha action, chars, and story.
*generic image of favorite characters with a sappy quote or "aesthetics"*

Mecha Anime/Manga/VN Tier List

Anime/Manga/VN Tier List
Dec 10, 2021 6:52 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Pyro81300 said:
AddaeAkono said:

Far better imo. Way more fun mecha action, chars, and story.

I see because I wasn't sure whether I should take a chance on it or not and I didn't want to rely on fan subs. I'll wait until the last episode to come out before watching it.
Dec 15, 2021 3:33 AM

Dec 2015
deg said:
its more likely it was planned to be a split cour or 2 cour from the very start

as sakugablog says once an anime project starts its like a freight train that is hard to stop even if it flops

ohhh truuust me there's been flops before. 'Big O' had to be saved by Ted Turner and his CartoonNetwork $$$$$ after it got canned on Japanese TV for low ratings even before the 9th episode was broadcast. the anime team had to rush a few episodes out to just barely scrape by with 11 eps.

Marchen Madchen was so rife with episode delays and craptastical work that the TV networks canned the series due to the anime studio failing to deliver upon their end of the contracts.

Inuyasha, yeah... THAT classic got canceled so out of the blue suddenly even the J-VA's didn't know about it till several DAYS AFTER the studio go the word. i saw an interview with 3 of the main actors a few months after the cancelation. none of them had any real idea problems were happening, nobody had told the talent what was wrong, and they all thought they'd get callbacks relatively quickly for more episodes. which didn't happen.

we all know the Bleach train got derailed... and took nearly a decade to get back on track.

i'm just awaiting word that One Piece has gotten so top-heavy with episodes that it falls flat on its face. mostly due to no new young fans will ever want to start it because of the 1000+ episodes they'd have to watch and catch up. ;) can you imagine how much cash it takes to START a OnePiece disk collection today let alone maintain it as new episodes come out? i was lucky enough to have two high-paying jobs one after the other so i was able to complete my Monogatari, Bleach, and Inuyasha DVD collections eventually. but right now, my job's so crappy i won't ever be able to buy any SAO sets after my S2 because they're all priced way WAY out of my 'pocket change' range. if a franchise can't be supported with fresh infusions of 'fan cash' it's gonna fizzle quickly.

just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.

More topics from this board

» Yukihiro Shibutani, Art Director of 'Natsume Yuujinchou', Dies at 63

Vindstot - Yesterday

8 by Gorenko »»
46 minutes ago

» 'Wind Breaker' Season 2 Reveals New Cast, Staff, Teaser Promo for April 2025

Nioxys - Oct 13

9 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Second Season of 'Shoushimin Series' Announced for Spring 2025

Vindstot - Sep 14

22 by ishigamer »»
3 hours ago

» 'Sakamoto Days' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Oct 15

4 by ryzxgum »»
9 hours ago

» Manga 'Servamp' Ends in December 2024

DatRandomDude - Jul 11

4 by LadyMarble »»
Today, 12:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.