Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Peach Boy Riverside
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 24, 2021 11:08 AM
May 2008
The main message of the show which is "peaceful co-existence" between the races doesn't make sense to me. Just feels like everyone who decides to forgive murdering Oni's like they just did some sort of minor slip up. "They didn't mean to kill all those people, they're a good person deep down. I'm sure we can get along if we try."

Then everyone treats it like a bunch of people just didn't get massacred. It's kinda off putting. It makes the story feel very shallow.
Sep 24, 2021 12:27 PM
Nov 2020
different said:
The main message of the show which is "peaceful co-existence" between the races doesn't make sense to me. Just feels like everyone who decides to forgive murdering Oni's like they just did some sort of minor slip up. "They didn't mean to kill all those people, they're a good person deep down. I'm sure we can get along if we try."

Then everyone treats it like a bunch of people just didn't get massacred. It's kinda off putting. It makes the story feel very shallow.
I see why you would say that, but it was also explained that there are Oni that aren’t bad and are trying to make peace with humans. And then the humans see the Oni as monsters due to their nature and powers and they view Demi-Humans the same way even though they didn’t do anything to them and think that they are Oni. And then you have Sumeragi who most people can already tell what he seeks between the two groups.
Sep 24, 2021 1:47 PM

Jul 2015
Sally is a bratty, immature, narcissistic sociopath and an equivalent of a kid, who sends a letter to the Santa asking for "world peace". She doesn't care about anyone. Not Oni or their victims.
She does it for no other reason, than her own sick and twisted desire of self gratification.
Her top priority is not to make peace between Onis and humans is to present herself as a good person. But you can't claim to be a good person if you can't measure your capability for evil and learn to contain it.
What makes things worse, due to her privileged upbringings she never experienced any loss or hardship due to Onis, so it is very easy for her to ask for peace and coexistence.
But she doesn't have any moral high ground to stand on, unlike many others who did lost something and know, that Onis are evil by nature and need to be wiped out.

Hawthorn rightfully called her out on this bullshit in the final episode, to which she couldn't argue.

She is truly a despicable person, who pretends to be good and virtuous and just to think, there are a lot of people like her in real life is actually depressing.
PieromyslOct 15, 2022 5:06 PM

Sep 25, 2021 8:52 AM
Dec 2020
Piromysl said:
Sally is a bratty, immature, narcisitic sociopath and an equivalent of a kid, who sends a letter to the Santa asking for "world peace". She doesn't care about anyone. Not Oni or their victims.
She does it for no other reason, than her own sick and twisted desire of self gratification.
What makes things worse, due to her privileged upbringings she never experienced any loss or hardship due to Onis, so it is very easy for her to ask for peace and coexistence.
But she doesn't have any moral high ground to stand on, unlike many others who did lost something and know, that Onis are evil by nature and need to be wiped out.
Hawthorn rightfully called her out on this bullshit in the final episode, to which she couldn't argue.

She is truly a despicable person, who pretends to be good and virtuous and just to think, there are a lot of people like her in real life is actually depressing.
you totally stole the words from my mouth, for me Mikoto is the MC who tf is SALLY? She just says that she wants peace but doesn't do a single thing to get it done, when that vendor was insulting frau she just threatened him, and didn't talked it over ( and what will he think when she goes away from there "now a human is also siding with demis") and in the last episode she tells tree ogre, " if you don't make peace I will kill you ", so you are making peace with them keeping a gun on their forehead, NICE.
Sep 25, 2021 1:25 PM
Aug 2020
Sally is a walking contradiction to her own ideology!
Sep 26, 2021 5:53 AM
Jul 2020
can i habe de sequel plis ?
Sep 27, 2021 3:38 AM

Mar 2009
Should an entire nation be justifiably killed because they are ruled by evil rulers?
Should kids be killed if they were raised by evil parents?

What if we help evil rulers... Not be evil. If we teach parents to raise their kids properly.

I think thats were this is going, try to transform a community into something better, not just "an eye for an eye" and go the bloodbath path.

Which I find is refreshing, and this show makes this immensely difficult, which is surprisingly true even in real life.
...Especially if the protagonist isn't perfect either.

In this show, Oni's are raised to hate humans, some of them being strong and evil are capable of completely annihilating human societies, so humans are rightly scared of them.

Where do we draw the line on who to kill and who to save?
How do we make peace in such a distressed community?

I have no idea, and so I'm looking forward to the next seasons.
ZnoteSep 27, 2021 3:46 AM
Oct 3, 2021 3:10 PM

May 2012
viewing the show from the perspective of a human, the way the massacre of humans is blatantly brushed off to the side by Sally just to uphold her own way of thinking annoys me.

I wish they showed more of Mikoto, at least we know why he has the power, to begin with. But Sally, no backstory...why does she also have the power of Peach??

Sadly this manga has only released 58 chapters in the last 6 yrs, so cant expect much for a season 2
Oct 4, 2021 7:49 PM

Jan 2011
I really hate the way Sally thinks, but that bod though..
Oct 24, 2021 1:27 AM

May 2018
MikeS90 said:
I really hate the way Sally thinks, but that bod though..

Please go to horny jail
May 15, 2022 9:47 AM

Jul 2015
Znote said:
Should an entire nation be justifiably killed because they are ruled by evil rulers?
Should kids be killed if they were raised by evil parents?

What if we help evil rulers... Not be evil. If we teach parents to raise their kids properly.

I think thats were this is going, try to transform a community into something better, not just "an eye for an eye" and go the bloodbath path.

Which I find is refreshing, and this show makes this immensely difficult, which is surprisingly true even in real life.
...Especially if the protagonist isn't perfect either.

In this show, Oni's are raised to hate humans, some of them being strong and evil are capable of completely annihilating human societies, so humans are rightly scared of them.

Where do we draw the line on who to kill and who to save?
How do we make peace in such a distressed community?

I have no idea, and so I'm looking forward to the next seasons.

I'm pretty sure, that "they're just following orders" excuse does not apply because they seem to enjoy inflicting pain and suffering on humans and devouring them is not a necessity. Not even for nourishment. That was quite literally an argument Nazis were using during Nuremberg trials and it didn't fly.
And no, Onis are not taught to hate humans. It is quite literally their nature, as that Tree Oni said.

Anyway, the message this show tries to convey (though I really doubt it was author's intent) is clear:
"If you are irredeemably evil but just apologize, you'll be forgiven or even rewarded and get away with everything with a mere slap on the wrist. If you are an innocent victim, then fuck you!"
PieromyslOct 15, 2022 5:07 PM

More topics from this board

» If you watch this anime in 5he chronological order its actually good!

Yassob - Sep 28, 2021

17 by chaosnetwork »»
Sep 5, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2021

51 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 7:04 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:34 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2021

38 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Peach Boy Riverside Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

anime-prime - Jul 10, 2021

81 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 16, 2023 5:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.