Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 18, 2021 4:48 PM

Dec 2014
Surprisingly I'm watching more than I did the past 2 seasons. There doesn't seem to be as many shows that reach the same heights as the last 2 seasons, but there is a collection of very watchable stuff, imo.

Bokutachi no Remake is very nice so far. I always root for Studio Feel, and you can definitely Feel the care and attention to detail they put in it so far.

A very wise bald man best described Realist Hero: There is a certain warmth to it. I quite like this show a lot as well. Liscia best girl

To a much lesser extent, Seirei Gensouki feels the same to me. It really isn't anything exceptional, but it is pleasant enough.

Kanojo mo Kanojo is kinda shit and the comedy doesn't click with me. The opening song is great though.

Maid Dragon S is really fun. There's a bounciness to the character animation that makes watching the show a treat every week, sasuga KyoAni

Shinigami Bocchan to Kuro Maid seems to have the same team as High Score Girl, which is a good thing. Cute and sexual tension through the roof.

Aquatope is a really pretty show but kinda boring to me. It looks great visually, but PA Works has this style that I describe as generically pretty.

Sonny Boy has a compelling premise and cool experimental visual style that tickles my pretentious bone.

The Detective is Already Dead is weird, like it feels like it's missing something. The back and forth banter between MC and whatever girl he is with is almost like a Great Value Bunny Girl Senpai, which is was itself a discount Monogatari. But despite its mediocrity, I was still compelled to binge 5 episodes in a row.

Tokyo Revengers is slowly losing my interest.

I've just started Love Live Superstar, Jahy, and the Moonlight isekai, so I can't say much about them other than I enjoy them so far.

What are everyone else's thoughts???????????????????????????????
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Aug 18, 2021 5:10 PM
May 2021
Sonny boy (if done correctly) could be something really good and special, it already has my attention and is unique, but that doesn’t mean it will turn out good. Just keep your eyes on it.

With Bokutachi no Remake, I’m a complete sucker for anything Feel puts out. I agree with what you said and I’m really excited to see the latter half of season

With aquatope since it’s an original we don’t know if it will turn out good. So far (as far as slice of life shoes go) I think it’s pretty good. I also hear some people saying it could be a Shoujo Ai, and for me that’s an exciting idea because I really like them.

Tokyo Revengers is finally picking up in my opinion, I was already really into and now I’m excited for it each week.
Aug 18, 2021 5:15 PM

Dec 2013
Picked up less this season as I have some anime I wanna watch from the backlog, the anime that stand out the most from the ones I'm watching are Sonny boy and Moonlight fantasy, the former is weird but fun and I honestly don't know what to expect each episode going in, the latter is what seems to be a generic isekai but with a lot of soul in it and has some things that make it stand out from its genre also constantly pokes fun at jidaigeki, very fun watch.

Best openings go to moonlight and 100 lives for me.
Aug 19, 2021 5:19 PM

Nov 2011
A solid season missing the big hitters of the last few seasons but with some fairly solid shows. Moonlight fantasy and bokutachi no remake being the two standout non sequel shows for me.

Spirit chronicles is rather generic but entertaining still not sure about detective seems like it's a little all over the place dont really understand what it's trying to be.

We're still in the early stages of realist hero in terms of the novels but the amount of action will ramp up in the coming weeks.

Girlfriend girlfriend is bad but I think we all expected that.

(that bald man gaspar mentioned must've been very wise indeed)
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
Aug 25, 2021 2:30 PM

Apr 2018
I am actually watching less than I usually do most seasons however, unlike those other seasons, there isnt any shows that standout as being terrible making me want to drop them.

Admittedly this season doesnt have any incredible standout anime either, meaning the more generic isekai like spirit chronicles and moonlit fantasy are my favourite, however I am generally looking forward to what airs every day opposed to enjoying most days but having the odd day where I just hate everything that airs.

Overall 7/10 very solid season with nothing that particularly stands out either side of the spectrum.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» ¡Prepárate para otro momento divertido con hojas de cálculo!

Gaspar445 - Oct 6

0 by Gaspar445 »»
Oct 6, 12:21 PM

» SPRING into action!

Gaspar445 - Jun 30

0 by Gaspar445 »»
Jun 30, 5:00 PM

» Easter Sunday Winter 2024 Spreadsheet

Gaspar445 - Mar 31

0 by Gaspar445 »»
Mar 31, 5:24 PM

Poll: » 15 minute break or elf dancing

Gaspar445 - Mar 13

0 by Gaspar445 »»
Mar 13, 8:53 PM

Poll: » regular vs diet soda

Gaspar445 - Feb 15

2 by Saeko_Busujima »»
Feb 16, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.