Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 30, 2021 3:17 AM
May 2017
I have never seen Case Closed before. Would it work if I watched this when I haven't seen any episodes of the main series? Or would it be better to watch some of the main series first?
Jul 30, 2021 4:08 AM

Jan 2020
NEVER NEVER NEVER

This episode was made for fans to pick up references. And you would have to watch a fair amount of episodes to watch the special.
"π‘Ίπ’Žπ’Šπ’π’†π’” 𝒂𝒏𝒅 π’π’‚π’–π’ˆπ’‰π’•π’†π’“ 𝒂𝒓𝒆 π’‚π’π’˜π’‚π’šπ’” π’ˆπ’π’π’…, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 π’‡π’π’“π’ˆπ’†π’• π’šπ’π’–π’“ π‘·π’π’Œπ’†π’“ 𝑭𝒂𝒄𝒆."

Jul 30, 2021 4:57 AM
Mar 2021
IMO, you'll enjoy it better if you watch the original episodes and then watch this special. So watch some episodes from the series and then give this a watch ✌🏼
Jul 30, 2021 10:32 AM

Jan 2017
Years after originally posting in this thread, i see that no new posts were made on this entry, but i'm quite certain a few people must have checked there as they had the same question as OP. In case someone would like to get an explanation (without spoilers), instead of a simple yes/no answer :

Hell, no; absolutely not !

This Special is a massive fan-service episode; it is a Remake of Episode 01 (and a little bit less than half of 02), but added a lot of elements. Some are completely original, but a few are actually referencing later Episodes.

However, the very important part that makes this Special not recommended for new viewers, is that this Special takes the time to show us the backstage of what really happened at that time, with the infos we were given about the Black Organization (antagonists of the series) from Episode 01 to 704. In the series, we (very) slowly and progressively discover new members of the organization (with their past and conflicts, on top of understanding the organization and its goal better, which is the main plotline of the series), but the Author also loves to "disguise" the characters, be it by presenting them under fake identities, changing their physical appearances, or making a seemingly random, one-shot character a key one in reality. As this Special was made solely for fans, they spoils all of that as if nothing... which completely ruins the plotline about the Black Organization, without any doubts the best part of the series.

TLDR; Do not watch that Special before finishing Episode 704 !

PS : The Movies have a similar problem. Despite being non-Canon, they play with it, and uses the Canon infos of the series to make a new case, specially for the Movie. Aside of Movie 1 (which contains a reference to Episode 43), they all have an important spoiler somewhere. The best option is to watch them at the time they were released in the Anime.
Alexioos95Aug 9, 1:28 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detective Conan: Episode One - The Great Detective Turned Small Episode 1 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 9, 2016

28 by Alvie48xi »»
6 hours ago

» Can't even use this to get someone into Detective Conan

Arcofdream - Dec 12, 2016

2 by Heliotropic84 »»
Dec 12, 2016 7:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.