New
Sonic or Tails?
Jul 1, 2021 8:03 PM
Jul 2018
Who is more swag? Sonic or Tails?
Jul 1, 2021 8:15 PM
Oct 2020
Now listen…
Sonic may be faster than Tails, but intellectually he is inferior to Tails. Without Tails, Sonic would be lost and not know enough to defeat Eggman. Take Sonic Colors for example, while Sonic was “running around at the speed of sound,” Tails was creating a translator to help Sonic, and without it Sonic may not have been able to know what the wisps are saying. Another point is that Tails cares more for Sonic than Sonic does for Tails. Tails is incredibly kind to everyone and will always try to help. Once again, in Sonic Colors, Tails saves Sonic by jumping into the line of fire of Eggman’s mind control machine, saving Sonic. In addition, in Sonic Heroes, when playing as Tails if you throw either Sonic or Knuckles, he says the word “based.” This is clearly a nod from the creators to the fact that Tails is based and better than Sonic. Overall, Miles “Tails” Prower, is clearly the correct choice in this poll because speed isn’t nearly as important as intellect and friendship.
Jul 1, 2021 8:29 PM
Jul 2018
MrPuppy3000 said:
Now listen…
Sonic may be faster than Tails, but intellectually he is inferior to Tails. Without Tails, Sonic would be lost and not know enough to defeat Eggman. Take Sonic Colors for example, while Sonic was “running around at the speed of sound,” Tails was creating a translator to help Sonic, and without it Sonic may not have been able to know what the wisps are saying. Another point is that Tails cares more for Sonic than Sonic does for Tails. Tails is incredibly kind to everyone and will always try to help. Once again, in Sonic Colors, Tails saves Sonic by jumping into the line of fire of Eggman’s mind control machine, saving Sonic. In addition, in Sonic Heroes, when playing as Tails if you throw either Sonic or Knuckles, he says the word “based.” This is clearly a nod from the creators to the fact that Tails is based and better than Sonic. Overall, Miles “Tails” Prower, is clearly the correct choice in this poll because speed isn’t nearly as important as intellect and friendship.

These are some interesting points. Now for my counter arguments. Sonic would have figured out that the aliens were, in fact, in danger without having to create a translator to know this because they were being held captive in a theme park created by Doctor Eggman (who is a very bad guy). Additionally, Tails is stupid because in Sonic Adventure 2 Tails just gives away that Sonic is holding a fake emerald (which he intended to trick Eggman with) and causes Sonic to almost die. Thankfully Sonic is a very quick thinker and remembered how Shadow used a chaos control to warp earlier in the game, thus replicating it with the fake emerald. Sonic has no reason to care for Tails because he A: is a stupid idiot B: got himself in a plane crash C: Almost caused Sonic to die D: does not help Sonic at all and just sits on his ass in all of the most recent games, and most importantly E: says “true dat” in Sonic Forces. Sonic is also incredibly kind to everyone, he helped Chip get his memories back, held no grudges against Shadow and worked with him to save the world in Adventure 2, immediately teamed up with Silver to prevent the Egg Carrier from crashing in 06 despite Silver trying to kill him twice, showed Elise the joys of life, complimented Knuckles and Tails at the end of Sonic Heroes, chose to calm down Chaos instead of sealing him away again at the end of Adventure, so on and so forth. Tails just sits around throwing snarky comments towards Sonic and complaining about how he is not fast. Sonic even saves Tails just as Tails saves Sonic in Sonic Colors by pushing him into the space elevator before fighting Eggman in the finale to ensure that Tails makes it home alright, despite meaning that he’d have to fight Eggman alone (not that Tails helped out literally at all for the rest of the game). It says a lot about Tails that he just throws his friends around in Heroes to kill enemies when he has literal bombs made of rings that he could use instead. In conclusion, Sonic is smarter than, has a better design than, is cooler than, nicer than, and does more work than Tails, who smells like shit and is a freak for having two tails.
Jul 1, 2021 8:48 PM

Jan 2017
Both are okay in my opinion, I can't choose.
Jul 2, 2021 9:49 PM
Jan 2021
Lol I like Knuckles, Pumpkin hill baby!
Jul 3, 2021 5:51 AM
Jul 2018
Piabbo said:

Knuckles was excluded for the sake of fairness, wanted to give Tails a fighting chance here.
Mar 28, 2022 1:57 PM
Jan 2021
SpacemanAlph said:
Piabbo said:

Knuckles was excluded for the sake of fairness, wanted to give Tails a fighting chance here.

Enter Bark, the best Luigi
Jul 18, 2022 1:02 AM
Jan 2022
Somehow I've always preferred Sonic. Tails is always there for Sonic and is also an important character. But Sonic is always my number one because he would do anything for his friends and like in the OVA he would even save Metal Sonic who was his greatest enemy. You need to have a heart for these things, and that's exactly what Sonic has.
My candies:

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sonic the Hedgehog Episode 2 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - May 12, 2015

9 by Jerome-D »»
Oct 2, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Which dub of Sonic is worse: OVA or Sonic X?

funtime43_tr - Oct 26, 2023

3 by RcAges »»
Oct 27, 2023 11:22 PM

Poll: » Sonic the Hedgehog Episode 1 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - May 12, 2015

5 by Pual »»
Nov 26, 2022 8:15 PM

» Does anyone know who was responsible for the soundtrack?

Reshiram_IX - Jul 16, 2021

1 by Scordolo »»
Jul 17, 2021 12:51 AM

» Who else saw this movie as a child?

iwjwammfa - Mar 9, 2016

6 by PureStone »»
Jul 20, 2020 9:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.