Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 15, 2021 11:22 AM

Aug 2012
I think this tag is the main reason why is this manga scored the way it is.
Majority of readers are young people who pick it up and are dissatisfied with the heavy story this manga holds. And of course adults can't find this manga if they are looking for some manga with adult content, because it has no seinen tag.
Unfortunately this is not mistake, as demographics on MAL are decided by the magazine in which is the manga published.
That's the reason I'm posting this - in hope any future readers reconsider if they want to read this for what this manga truly is - seinen manga, with serious psychological themes as mental health, depression, trauma, suicide, loss, illness and so on...
Mar 29, 2021 8:48 PM
Aug 2020
While I believe you are right I also feel like it doesn't make that much of a difference. Making a manga which deals with heavy topics and getting it tagged as shounen is definitely changing how the manga is meant to be shown to the public, but I don't think the target audience was really affected. Majority of people read manga based on tags, sure but kids probably don't use mal. Again I agree with your statement but the score is valid. Changing the tag to seinen won't make the ratings skyrocket.
Jul 4, 2021 1:36 PM
Oct 2015
Ah another one of those idiots who think hunter x hunter and trash note should be seinen.

For your information weather or not a manga is considered shojo josei shounen seinen depends ENTIRELY ON THE MAGAZINE AND THE DEMOGRAPHIC IT IS MARKETED TOWARDS.

FOR FUCKS SAKE WHY WOULD A MANGA IN “SHOUNEN” jump BE SEINEN?!

You think its SEINEN JUMP+ ?
Nov 22, 2021 11:13 AM
Oct 2015
also to talk about why it has bad scores.
i got super mad at people using genres incorrectly but didn't answer the question.

basicly the reason it has low scores can have somethign to do with the low amount of members, lots of obscure series has very low scores from ether people who droped or never finished being counted. if its not finished yet, or bots
Nov 28, 2021 11:37 AM
Apr 2021
Athalien said:
I think this tag is the main reason why is this manga scored the way it is.
Majority of readers are young people who pick it up and are dissatisfied with the heavy story this manga holds. And of course adults can't find this manga if they are looking for some manga with adult content, because it has no seinen tag.
Unfortunately this is not mistake, as demographics on MAL are decided by the magazine in which is the manga published.
That's the reason I'm posting this - in hope any future readers reconsider if they want to read this for what this manga truly is - seinen manga, with serious psychological themes as mental health, depression, trauma, suicide, loss, illness and so on...
Yes, I agree. It should've been serialised in Young Jump instaed of Shounen Jump+. There are plenty of manga that should've been tagged as Seinen(Example: Hell's Paradise, Akumetsu etc). But nowadays demographic doesn't matter that much I guess.
Shiro_Yasha78Nov 28, 2021 11:40 AM
Nov 28, 2021 11:38 AM
Apr 2021
Neostorm-X said:
Ah another one of those idiots who think hunter x hunter and trash note should be seinen.

For your information weather or not a manga is considered shojo josei shounen seinen depends ENTIRELY ON THE MAGAZINE AND THE DEMOGRAPHIC IT IS MARKETED TOWARDS.

Bruh, did you even read the manga? This manga should've been serialised in Young Jump instaed of Shounen Jump+.
Nov 30, 2021 10:53 PM
Oct 2015
Shiro_Yasha78 said:
Neostorm-X said:

Bruh, did you even read the manga? This manga should've been serialised in Young Jump instaed of Shounen Jump+.

have you seen violence jack? thats a shounen.
there are different levels of shounen lmao.

shounen is literally only determined by the audience its targeted against, with some exceptions of magazine politics
Dec 15, 2021 5:21 AM

May 2018
ChainsawMan too resembles seinen but it's marketed as a shounen (probably wouldn't be a popular, so early if not that). Shounen has bigger reach.
Their demographic system should ne reevaluated for sure though.
Dec 29, 2021 4:13 AM
Jul 2018
I still cant belive that Route End is a shounen and not a seinen kek

More topics from this board

Poll: » Route End Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2017

5 by MotherfuckerNo_1 »»
Mar 24, 2023 9:07 AM

Poll: » Route End Chapter 44 Discussion

Nightmare_Eyes - Jan 24, 2023

0 by Nightmare_Eyes »»
Jan 24, 2023 3:07 PM

Poll: » Route End Chapter 21 Discussion

Nightmare_Eyes - Jan 24, 2023

0 by Nightmare_Eyes »»
Jan 24, 2023 3:14 AM

Poll: » Route End Chapter 54 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2019

6 by josh_dd »»
Jan 22, 2021 9:03 PM

Poll: » Route End Chapter 37 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2018

0 by Stark700 »»
Nov 9, 2018 6:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.